Hillary Clinton Announces Her Gun Control Plan.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-10-2015, 06:33 AM
Hillary Clinton Announces Her Gun Control Plan.
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/hillary-c...d=34247738

I hate to tell you - but this is simply vote pandering. I love it - she even cries on cue.

She knows as well as anyone else - that executive orders of this type are likely to get shot down by congress or the courts.

Even if she DID get such a plan into law - it's not really going to make any difference in the violence we now have.

But - like taking your shoes off at the airport - it's not supposed to really do anything - - just make you "feel safe"....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-10-2015, 07:16 AM
RE: Hillary Clinton Announces Her Gun Control Plan.
(06-10-2015 06:33 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I hate to tell you - but this is simply vote pandering. I love it - she even cries on cue.

That's pretty much what all the nominees are doing at this state of the game, right?
07-10-2015, 07:38 AM
Her plan is pretty shitty. I've become a single issue voter. I used to vote for democrats because they seemed to at least acknowledge there is a separation of church and state. But lately I find myself just voting for the republican candidates simply for 2nd amendment purposes.

The Supreme Court handled the gay marriage debate. Abortion is legal. A few fights to be handled here and there, but the republicans are defending my gun rights. Until that changes, or the democrats give up gun control, my vote goes to the GOP.

I won't be disarmed in a time lone wolf terrorism, home invasion robberies and other random violence.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
07-10-2015, 07:54 AM
Can someone please explain to me what the issue with Internet gun sales is? Yes I can go online, find a gun that I want and pay for it. However unless it is a black powder muzzle loader or falls into the curios and relics category, I can not have it shipped directly to me. Modern firearms, i.e the ones everyone are worried about must be shipped to an FFL holder who then must do a background check on me before letting me take possession of it. The verification process isn't any different than buying one at a local brick and mortar store.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Popeye's Pappy's post
07-10-2015, 08:01 AM
(07-10-2015 07:54 AM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  Can someone please explain to me what the issue with Internet gun sales is? Yes I can go online, find a gun that I want and pay for it. However unless it is a black powder muzzle loader or falls into the curios and relics category, I can not have it shipped directly to me. Modern firearms, i.e the ones everyone are worried about must be shipped to an FFL holder who then must do a background check on me before letting me take possession of it. The verification process isn't any different than buying one at a local brick and mortar store.

When they say Internet sales, they mean armslist or Craigslist or message boards where someone lists a gun for sale, then two people meet up and conduct a private sale without a background check.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
07-10-2015, 08:09 AM
People were selling guns in newspaper and magazine classifieds a long time before there was an Internet. If private sales are the problem they need to fix that problem and institute back ground checks on all sales instead of worrying about someone's advertising media of choice. Dumbass restrictions that don't really address the basic issues are the main reason many gun owners won't get behind new regulation.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Popeye's Pappy's post
07-10-2015, 09:12 AM
When I hear these people talking about "gun show loopholes" - I have to laugh.

They've never had a table at a gun show.

I have -- many times.

You can spot someone who's trolling for private sellers --- and so can the other vendors. These guys can't legally buy guns (probably because of felony record or restraining orders) -- and they'll always ask "are you a dealer"???

It's a red flag to all of the sellers --- and they'll frequently tell the guy he has to go through a background check. I've dragged along BATF form 4473's along with me - to tell these types to "fill this out" ----- they'll take off in a hurry (I'm not required to use 4473's as I'm a private individual, not an FFL dealer)

I've gone so far as follow the guy around - telling each dealer the turd won't pass a background check - or even submit to one.

I've had dealers do the same thing..

Dealers don't shit where they eat. And like most law abiding citizens - they won't sell to someone trying to illegally purchase a firearm. They'll go the extra mile to prevent it.

It's their livelihood -- they don't want to screw it up.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
07-10-2015, 09:19 AM
oh thank goddess she won't be president.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
07-10-2015, 09:36 AM
(07-10-2015 07:38 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  The Supreme Court handled the gay marriage debate. Abortion is legal. A few fights to be handled here and there, but the republicans are defending my gun rights. Until that changes, or the democrats give up gun control, my vote goes to the GOP.

I don't see any of those issues as not being at risk by the GOP. The right to life people want to close down every abortion clinic in every state. Already state governments are making it impossible for women to obtain what should be their right.

Obviously gay marriage isn't done either, when you have people willing to not do their job to make their sad little point.

I find the gun argument you used to be approaching paranoia.

But that's your right.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
07-10-2015, 09:40 AM
(07-10-2015 09:12 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  When I hear these people talking about "gun show loopholes" - I have to laugh.

They've never had a table at a gun show.

I have -- many times.

You can spot someone who's trolling for private sellers --- and so can the other vendors. These guys can't legally buy guns (probably because of felony record or restraining orders) -- and they'll always ask "are you a dealer"???

It's a red flag to all of the sellers --- and they'll frequently tell the guy he has to go through a background check. I've dragged along BATF form 4473's along with me - to tell these types to "fill this out" ----- they'll take off in a hurry (I'm not required to use 4473's as I'm a private individual, not an FFL dealer)

I've gone so far as follow the guy around - telling each dealer the turd won't pass a background check - or even submit to one.

I've had dealers do the same thing..

Dealers don't shit where they eat. And like most law abiding citizens - they won't sell to someone trying to illegally purchase a firearm. They'll go the extra mile to prevent it.

It's their livelihood -- they don't want to screw it up.

I actually agree with you on this. I do think most dealers don't want to screw up their earning potential and follow the rules.

The few that don't, well they'll just do it anyway.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces