Hillary Clinton Announces Her Gun Control Plan.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-10-2015, 09:52 AM
RE: Hillary Clinton Announces Her Gun Control Plan.
(07-10-2015 09:36 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(07-10-2015 07:38 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  The Supreme Court handled the gay marriage debate. Abortion is legal. A few fights to be handled here and there, but the republicans are defending my gun rights. Until that changes, or the democrats give up gun control, my vote goes to the GOP.

I don't see any of those issues as not being at risk by the GOP. The right to life people want to close down every abortion clinic in every state. Already state governments are making it impossible for women to obtain what should be their right.

Obviously gay marriage isn't done either, when you have people willing to not do their job to make their sad little point.

I find the gun argument you used to be approaching paranoia.

But that's your right.

Paranoia? No, the only people that believe that are lucky enough to have not been a victim yet. My ex wife was raped during a home invasion. We lived in a good neighborhood in Seattle WA when it happened. She was very anti gun and refused to learn the 4 digit code to my handgun quick access case under the bed. After the two men broke in, she had enough time to get in the bedroom and lock the door. They broke it down within a few minutes. Plenty of time for her to gain access to my Glock under the bed had she learned the combination. This incident messed her up. She never recovered. She turned to alcohol and drugs. I got custody of our daughter and moved to Texas. I hear she went to rehab a few years ago but still has PTSD from it.

One property crime happens every 3 seconds.
One burglary occurs every 10 seconds.
One violent crime occurs every 20 seconds.
One aggravated assault occurs every 35 seconds.
One robbery occurs every 60 seconds.
One forcible rape occurs every 2 minutes.

According to a United States Department of Justice report:
38% of assaults & 60% of rapes occur during home invasions.
1 of every 5 homes will experience a break-in or burglary

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Lord Dark Helmet's post
07-10-2015, 11:14 AM
I hate to "like" what you went through LDH.....

My older sister lives outside of Seattle - so I know the social stigma of weapons up there.

That said - I've given my sister a Mosin Nagant 91-30 - a miniaturized Mauser in .257 Roberts, a cut down (stock length) JC Higgins 12 gauge pump and a Smith and Wesson 331 Airlite revolver in .32 H+R magnum (the same gun I carry). So at least one girl in the PNW is fairly well armed. (I gave my other sister a 332 -- same gun but hammerless)

She says she'd never be able to sleep at night without her 32 in the bedside table with her Surefire tac-light....

She also has her CCW, and lives right next to a gun range. It's a pretty low crime area.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
07-10-2015, 11:19 AM
(07-10-2015 11:14 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I hate to "like" what you went through LDH.....

My older sister lives outside of Seattle - so I know the social stigma of weapons up there.

That said - I've given my sister a Mosin Nagant 91-30 - a miniaturized Mauser in .257 Roberts, a cut down (stock length) JC Higgins 12 gauge pump and a Smith and Wesson 331 Airlite revolver in .32 H+R magnum (the same gun I carry). So at least one girl in the PNW is fairly well armed. (I gave my other sister a 332 -- same gun but hammerless)

She says she'd never be able to sleep at night without her 32 in the bedside table with her Surefire tac-light....

She also has her CCW, and lives right next to a gun range. It's a pretty low crime area.

I usually say Seattle because that's where most people know. We actually lived 20 miles north in Everett. I was stationed at the Naval Base there. Meth and crack are a big problem in that area.

07-10-2015, 11:52 AM
(07-10-2015 07:38 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Her plan is pretty shitty. I've become a single issue voter. I used to vote for democrats because they seemed to at least acknowledge there is a separation of church and state. But lately I find myself just voting for the republican candidates simply for 2nd amendment purposes.
My gosh, reading that actually made me angry. Choosing to vote for the leader of our country/state just because they like guns more than the other person? I mean WHAT THE HELL? That riles my stomach up a bit. Not to mention, I haven't seen any politicians propose any gun control measures that would restrict law-abiding, mentally-healthy people from obtaining and keeping firearms. Nobody has proposed a ban or a buyback (which I personally wouldn't be opposed to, but understand it isn't feasible).

(07-10-2015 11:19 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I usually say Seattle because that's where most people know. We actually lived 20 miles north in Everett. I was stationed at the Naval Base there. Meth and crack are a big problem in that area.
Sorry what happened to your ex. That area is really sketchy in places.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post
07-10-2015, 12:01 PM
(07-10-2015 11:52 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(07-10-2015 07:38 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Her plan is pretty shitty. I've become a single issue voter. I used to vote for democrats because they seemed to at least acknowledge there is a separation of church and state. But lately I find myself just voting for the republican candidates simply for 2nd amendment purposes.
My gosh, reading that actually made me angry. Choosing to vote for the leader of our country/state just because they like guns more than the other person? I mean WHAT THE HELL? That riles my stomach up a bit. Not to mention, I haven't seen any politicians propose any gun control measures that would restrict law-abiding, mentally-healthy people from obtaining and keeping firearms. Nobody has proposed a ban or a buyback (which I personally wouldn't be opposed to, but understand it isn't feasible).

(07-10-2015 11:19 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I usually say Seattle because that's where most people know. We actually lived 20 miles north in Everett. I was stationed at the Naval Base there. Meth and crack are a big problem in that area.
Sorry what happened to your ex. That area is really sketchy in places.

Some things are more important to me than others. I do not want to return to the Clinton gun ban. I don't want us to go even further like they did with the SAFE act in New York. I'm OK with background checks. Individual states are passing those laws on their own. The Democrats refuse to acknowledge the fact that the Constitution says SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED. I mean, it couldn't get any clearer. Any type of gun control is infringement. There's a way to modify the Constitution. Using laws to circumvent the Constitution when they have a majority in Congress and the presidency is tyranny.

07-10-2015, 12:53 PM
(07-10-2015 09:52 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(07-10-2015 09:36 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I don't see any of those issues as not being at risk by the GOP. The right to life people want to close down every abortion clinic in every state. Already state governments are making it impossible for women to obtain what should be their right.

Obviously gay marriage isn't done either, when you have people willing to not do their job to make their sad little point.

I find the gun argument you used to be approaching paranoia.

But that's your right.

Paranoia? No, the only people that believe that are lucky enough to have not been a victim yet. My ex wife was raped during a home invasion. We lived in a good neighborhood in Seattle WA when it happened. She was very anti gun and refused to learn the 4 digit code to my handgun quick access case under the bed. After the two men broke in, she had enough time to get in the bedroom and lock the door. They broke it down within a few minutes. Plenty of time for her to gain access to my Glock under the bed had she learned the combination. This incident messed her up. She never recovered. She turned to alcohol and drugs. I got custody of our daughter and moved to Texas. I hear she went to rehab a few years ago but still has PTSD from it.

One property crime happens every 3 seconds.
One burglary occurs every 10 seconds.
One violent crime occurs every 20 seconds.
One aggravated assault occurs every 35 seconds.
One robbery occurs every 60 seconds.
One forcible rape occurs every 2 minutes.

According to a United States Department of Justice report:
38% of assaults & 60% of rapes occur during home invasions.
1 of every 5 homes will experience a break-in or burglary

I'm sorry that happened to your exwife. I really am and can relate to it very well.

However, don't assume that I've never been a victim of violence, because you'd be wrong, very wrong.

I've been in therapy for years (off and on) for my own PTSD issues.

I've just never considered owning a gun as an option. Sure it might have saved me some grief, but....again, I don't know -- it could have made things far worse.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
07-10-2015, 12:56 PM
(07-10-2015 12:01 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  The Democrats refuse to acknowledge the fact that the Constitution says SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED. I mean, it couldn't get any clearer. Any type of gun control is infringement.

Obviously we are on opposite sides of the issue here, but to say any type of gun control is infringement is a little extreme. That's similar to saying the government should have no control over businesses or working conditions isn't it?

Freedom is great, but I think to be mostly free, in a controlled environment is much better than being extremely free in an environment without control.

I vote for the person who seems to want the same country that I want to see (or whoever is closest and actually has a shot at winning). One issue can't possibly capture this. On this issue, no-matter who you vote for, you will (almost definitely) be keeping your guns. So I don't get why this issue drives your vote.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post