Hillary, More Honest Than All Her Opponents

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-04-2016, 04:51 AM
Hillary, More Honest Than All Her Opponents
"The trendy knock on Hillary Clinton, even among those who acknowledge that she’s the most capable and knowledgeable of the 2016 candidates for President, is the accusation that she’s just not honest. Her opponents keep insisting that she can’t be trusted, that she’s not telling the truth, and that there is therefore no telling what she might do while in office. But whenever fact checkers look at what Clinton and her opponents are saying during this election cycle, she rates out as the most honest of the bunch."

http://www.dailynewsbin.com/news/fact-ch...nts/24196/

"PolitiFact has rated 24% of Hillary Clinton’s contentious claims as receiving a perfect “True” score (source link), which may not sound impressive until you consider that just 15% of Bernie Sanders’ contentious claims have rated out as “True” (source link). There are two other passable categories, “Mostly True” and “Half True.” If you add up the numbers from the top three boxes, Clinton comes out at 72% and Sanders comes out at 70%, which are both robust scores. In the bottom two boxes, just 14% of Clinton’s challenged statements have rated out as “False” or “Pants on Fire” while Sanders has fallen into those bottom two boxes 15% of the time."

cont on link...

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Heatheness's post
01-04-2016, 05:10 AM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2016 05:14 AM by onlinebiker.)
RE: Hillary, More Honest Than All Her Opponents
That's a whole lot like saying Moe was the brainiest of the Three Stooges....................

edit to add...

I just got my first cup of coffee - and realize it's April Fool's day..................

I think I've been had.............

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
01-04-2016, 05:18 AM
(01-04-2016 05:10 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  That's a whole lot like saying Moe was the brainiest of the Three Stooges....................

edit to add...

I just got my first cup of coffee - and realize it's April Fool's day..................

I think I've been had.............

Big Grin

Nope.

I would do that.... if I had thought about it though. Thanks for the reminder, *rubbing hands together* I have some people to give payback to today. Smile

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 2 users Like Heatheness's post
01-04-2016, 05:31 AM
(01-04-2016 04:51 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  "The trendy knock on Hillary Clinton, even among those who acknowledge that she’s the most capable and knowledgeable of the 2016 candidates for President, is the accusation that she’s just not honest. Her opponents keep insisting that she can’t be trusted, that she’s not telling the truth, and that there is therefore no telling what she might do while in office. But whenever fact checkers look at what Clinton and her opponents are saying during this election cycle, she rates out as the most honest of the bunch."

"PolitiFact has rated 24% of Hillary Clinton’s contentious claims as receiving a perfect “True” score (source link), which may not sound impressive until you consider that just 15% of Bernie Sanders’ contentious claims have rated out as “True” (source link). There are two other passable categories, “Mostly True” and “Half True.” If you add up the numbers from the top three boxes, Clinton comes out at 72% and Sanders comes out at 70%, which are both robust scores. In the bottom two boxes, just 14% of Clinton’s challenged statements have rated out as “False” or “Pants on Fire” while Sanders has fallen into those bottom two boxes 15% of the time."

cont on link...

I think that, if one accepts that no mountains shall be moved and things will stay the same for the next 8 years, she is not a bad choice. She's not going to piss the rest of the world off. She's not going to infuse the government with religion. The GOP is going to block everything she tries to do and things shall remain the same.

Given the alternatives, I don't think that's such a bad thing.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 6 users Like Dom's post
01-04-2016, 10:01 AM
Look into it and you find these simple facts:

1. Politifact is owned and operated by the Tampa Bay Times newspaper.

2. The Tampa Bay Times endorsed Hillary Clinton.

I'm no Bernie fan but politifact gives him and the other candidates the shaft. They love Hillary.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Lord Dark Helmet's post
01-04-2016, 03:18 PM
(01-04-2016 10:01 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Look into it and you find these simple facts:

I'm no Bernie fan but politifact gives him and the other candidates the shaft. They love Hillary.

What would be the statement of Clinton you would have judge more negatively than Politifact and why?

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
01-04-2016, 03:45 PM
(01-04-2016 10:01 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Look into it and you find these simple facts:

Kneejerk "lol conspiracy".

It's so much easier than actually looking into anything... right?

If the facts they cite are wrong, it should be trivial to point out why. You, uh... you got anything in that column?

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
01-04-2016, 03:47 PM
(01-04-2016 04:51 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  "The trendy knock on Hillary Clinton, even among those who acknowledge that she’s the most capable and knowledgeable of the 2016 candidates for President, is the accusation that she’s just not honest. Her opponents keep insisting that she can’t be trusted, that she’s not telling the truth, and that there is therefore no telling what she might do while in office. But whenever fact checkers look at what Clinton and her opponents are saying during this election cycle, she rates out as the most honest of the bunch."

cont on link...

Anyone with the shit she's had slung at her for 30 years as a national political figure would have to have learned to choose her words fairly carefully.

Not that there aren't plenty of people who never got on board the " 'honesty' and 'agreement with me' are different things after all" train...

01-04-2016, 03:57 PM
Well, that whole "landing under fire" thing irks me.
01-04-2016, 04:00 PM
(01-04-2016 03:57 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Well, that whole "landing under fire" thing irks me.

"Utterly misremembering something at 20 years remove" is hardly a sin. It's an inevitability of our godawful brains. Every single person I've ever known - myself included - has bigged up anecdotes in the retelling. Without intending to. Because that's how human beings are...

[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post