Hillary, More Honest Than All Her Opponents

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-07-2016, 11:59 AM
RE: Hillary, More Honest Than All Her Opponents
I'd rather see Elizabeth Warren in the big seat than Hilary. Undecided
Honest of all the candidates? More so than Bernie? Consider Idk 'bout all that. Dodgy

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
02-07-2016, 12:02 PM
(02-07-2016 11:59 AM)TheGulegon Wrote:  I'd rather see Elizabeth Warren in the big seat than Hilary. Undecided
Honest of all the candidates? More so than Bernie? Consider Idk 'bout all that. Dodgy

There's a link in the OP. If you're interested. Smile

I do like Elizabeth, a lot, but she claimed early on she wouldn't run yet. I'm hoping for her in 2020 or 2024. *crosses fingers*

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
02-07-2016, 12:03 PM
Her competition for honesty is pretty bad. Trump is a notorious liar. Rubio and Cruz aren't much better. The current crop of Republican leaders are an embarrassment to their party.

As for Clinton, I guess it's too much to expect the DailyKos to talk about how she's a better investor than Trump, too. But, she is. Why, just go back and look at all the money she made in cattle futures.

Honesty. Sound investment strategies. Superior editing competency. I can't wait until her inevitable ascent to the throne.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
02-07-2016, 12:19 PM
(02-07-2016 12:02 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(02-07-2016 11:59 AM)TheGulegon Wrote:  I'd rather see Elizabeth Warren in the big seat than Hilary. Undecided

There's a link in the OP. If you're interested. Smile

I do like Elizabeth, a lot, but she claimed early on she wouldn't run yet. I'm hoping for her in 2020 or 2024. *crosses fingers*

She's at 72% 'truthful', and Bernie's at 70%, but that doesn't encompass what the lies were? What does Bernie have to lie about that isn't actually trivial?
Considering she's campaigning to be in a position to send folks' grandchildren off to die, if she has to, saying she's been in a situation that they might have to face, when she hasn't, doesn't sit well with me. Confused

[+] 2 users Like TheGulegon's post
02-07-2016, 12:21 PM
I don't know that it constitutes a "lie" but Sanders views on science, specifically GMOs, doesn't sit well with me. He's too attached to the leftist agenda without looking critically at the facts. I consider that a problem. Not sure if that counts in his 30%, though.

"It's not a lie if you believe it" - George Costanza

02-07-2016, 12:23 PM
(02-07-2016 12:19 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(02-07-2016 12:02 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  There's a link in the OP. If you're interested. Smile

She's at 72% 'truthful', and Bernie's at 70%, but that doesn't encompass what the lies were? What does Bernie have to lie about that isn't actually trivial?
Considering she's campaigning to be in a position to send folks' grandchildren off to die, if she has to, saying she's been in a situation that they might have to face, when she hasn't, doesn't sit well with me. Confused

No it doesn't speak to the individual lies/truths it only addresses the overall behaviors which can be accepted or declined as each person sees fit. It's just another piece, not the whole pie.

02-07-2016, 12:30 PM
IMO, there's no one item of all encompassing information that makes or breaks a candidate. It's many bits of info (too many a lot of times) sorted and accessed no matter who you support. I have never denied I'm not hugely political and I don't spend hours on end reading everything on all parties, not even everything on the party I most favor. No where near that but we do what we do.

However, my voice still counts and I have a right to it. If someone disagrees, so be it, that's them and they are welcome to it. This is me. I share what I feel is important. Like I posted to Pablo, each to their own.

02-07-2016, 12:41 PM
(02-07-2016 12:30 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  IMO, there's no one item of all encompassing information that makes or breaks a candidate. It's many bits of info (too many a lot of times) sorted and accessed no matter who you support. I have never denied I'm not hugely political and I don't spend hours on end reading everything on all parties, not even everything on the party I most favor. No where near that but we do what we do.

However, my voice still counts and I have a right to it. If someone disagrees, so be it, that's them and they are welcome to it. This is me. I share what I feel is important. Like I posted to Pablo, each to their own.

I'm not sure if that is directed at me, but if it is, it was not my intention to try to drown you out or tell you you're wrong. My posts on Clinton were not specifically directed at you. I'm obviously not a fan. My reasons have nothing to do with her sex. I could care less if our next President is a woman, a man or a hermaphrodite. These things don't factor into my calculations on who I vote for. What factors in for me is their stated positions and their actual actions, both in politics and as every day human beings. If you've decided Clinton is the candidate for you, that's fine. I honestly was not trying to belittle you for it and I hope you didn't take it that way.

I still think she sucks, though. Wink

[+] 3 users Like BnW's post
02-07-2016, 12:49 PM
I have become a bit concerned about sexism over this campaign cycle. Hillary is fairly stock in terms of politicians. She's done some slimy shit and she's done some remarkable stuff as well. She's done things she probably should not have and has changed her opinions (I don't fault her on that. Changing views over 20 years is to be expected).

Hillary is ambitious. While that is worrisome, it shouldn't be enough to cause this level of bile. And the blatant sexism is revolting that I have seen. The fact that she should not have a female running mate because a large number of people won't vote for an all female ticket saddens me.
[+] 1 user Likes natachan's post
02-07-2016, 12:56 PM
(02-07-2016 12:41 PM)BnW Wrote:  
(02-07-2016 12:30 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  IMO, there's no one item of all encompassing information that makes or breaks a candidate. It's many bits of info (too many a lot of times) sorted and accessed no matter who you support. I have never denied I'm not hugely political and I don't spend hours on end reading everything on all parties, not even everything on the party I most favor. No where near that but we do what we do.

I'm not sure if that is directed at me, but if it is, it was not my intention to try to drown you out or tell you you're wrong. My posts on Clinton were not specifically directed at you. I'm obviously not a fan. My reasons have nothing to do with her sex. I could care less if our next President is a woman, a man or a hermaphrodite. These things don't factor into my calculations on who I vote for. What factors in for me is their stated positions and their actual actions, both in politics and as every day human beings. If you've decided Clinton is the candidate for you, that's fine. I honestly was not trying to belittle you for it and I hope you didn't take it that way.

I still think she sucks, though. Wink

Oh no, I didn't think you were. You've been very respectful in replies. I appreciate that, believe me. I was just addressing the idea that any one thing is not a make or break kind of thing. I gave up years ago trying to convince people of anything. I just don't see it happening. People, myself included, get entrenched into their own ideas and it takes a lot of effort on their part to educate themselves out of any previously held position. It's why we have such a lot of wasted effort on fundies.

And there are lots of people who are not critical of her because she's a woman. BUT there are still a great many who are, even in her own party. I find the sexism, no matter where it comes from very disheartening. I keep hoping we've moved past that and time and time again I find, as a society, we haven't.

No, I never thought you were directing it at me and even if you were you were still not being oppressive.

Too be honest, there is no politician that I love and trust explicitly, that's just the nature of the beast. Smile