Hillary, More Honest Than All Her Opponents

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-07-2016, 01:04 PM
RE: Hillary, More Honest Than All Her Opponents
(02-07-2016 12:49 PM)natachan Wrote:  I have become a bit concerned about sexism over this campaign cycle. Hillary is fairly stock in terms of politicians. She's done some slimy shit and she's done some remarkable stuff as well. She's done things she probably should not have and has changed her opinions (I don't fault her on that. Changing views over 20 years is to be expected).

Hillary is ambitious. While that is worrisome, it shouldn't be enough to cause this level of bile. And the blatant sexism is revolting that I have seen. The fact that she should not have a female running mate because a large number of people won't vote for an all female ticket saddens me.

Yes, that they would suffer a double-down attack because of their gender is revolting. But I do believe it to be true though.

As much as I think we are ready for a woman president now or soon, I do not think, as a country, we are ready for two women to run together. I have concerns that if they won and for whatever reason it did not go well it would set women working for equality back a long way. I would not like to see that. It may be a bit cowardly of me but I too would prefer to wait on a two woman ticket for that reason. One woman as president first, then let people who hate the idea come to terms with that. Baby steps.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-07-2016, 08:35 AM
Elizabeth Warren on Trumps Non-Disclosure of Tax Information. The only candidate in 40 years who wouldn't disclose.

04-07-2016, 06:25 AM
Too bad for Clinton that the American people don't view it the same way. Hillary somehow managed to be seen as even less honest and trustworthy than a pathological liar like Trump. Quite an accomplishment, that.

"Clinton’s ratings on trustworthiness were already woeful: A Fox News poll two weeks ago found just 31 percent of voters think Clinton is honest and trustworthy, while nearly two-thirds said they don’t think she is. And overall, her numbers are significantly worse than Trump’s scores on the same question. Among independents, nearly 80 percent don’t think she’s honest and trustworthy. Even among Democrats, a third don’t find her trustworthy."
Source: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/05/hi...ump-223748

I wonder where that discrepancy is coming from. Maybe it's because politifact subjectively chooses which statements to fact check. Consider

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
04-07-2016, 09:35 AM
Or maybe because of this... Drinking Beverage

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...pid1024371

04-07-2016, 10:27 AM
Picking a prez in this group is like trying to pick which VD you want.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
04-07-2016, 10:28 AM
(03-07-2016 08:35 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  Elizabeth Warren on Trumps Non-Disclosure of Tax Information. The only candidate in 40 years who wouldn't disclose.

I'm willing to give Trump a pass on his taxes. He's still an active businessman. If he loses the election, which he probably will, he goes back to being a businessman. A businessman who's business dealings are now public, which gives away some of his business secrets.

I wouldn't want my competition knowing how I do business.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
04-07-2016, 11:31 AM
What secrets about him do we know, now, that we didn't know before?

The education scam seems to be the only thing I do not like.

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool