Hillary could lose to Trump in Democratic New York

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-03-2016, 11:13 AM
RE: Hillary could lose to Trump in Democratic New York
(01-03-2016 08:34 AM)Vosur Wrote:  "blowhard celebrity"
"angry orangutan"
"Republicunt"

Add to that the claims that him and his supporters are racists, xenophobes, fascists, misogynists and the comparisons of him and his voter base to Hitler and Nazis respectively... Why indeed would a native German be cranky about this? Dodgy

Cry me a fucking river. If some celebrity blowhard running for office in the EU had detractors comparing him to the KKK, I wouldn't give a flying fuck, let alone care enough to be butt-hurt on a web forum over someone else taking the piss out of them.

This is the point when I would feel obliged to tell you that observing that fascists, racists, and misogynists do make up a loud part of the fanbase Trump is pandering too, doesn't exclude others outside those categories from supporting him. I'd have thought you were smart enough to have already realized this. Guess I was wrong.

Fucking hell dude, what happened to you?

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
01-03-2016, 11:15 AM
(01-03-2016 08:34 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Add to that the claims that him and his supporters are racists, xenophobes, fascists, misogynists and the comparisons of him and his voter base to Hitler and Nazis respectively... Why indeed would a native German be cranky about this? Dodgy

You... you know there's a difference between "actually, those comparisons aren't accurate" on the one hand, and "NO FUCK YOU HE'S GREAT" on the other?

Right?

... this is my signature!
[+] 3 users Like cjlr's post
01-03-2016, 11:16 AM
(01-03-2016 10:46 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(01-03-2016 01:31 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Vosur, we get it, you like Trump enough to go down on him in a karaoke bar.

In the "visual no one needed" department... Dodgy

I'm not the forum commentator TTA deserves, but I am the one it needs.

From time to time at least...

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
01-03-2016, 11:23 AM
You know Vosur, there's something called "pick your battles". This is such a situation. Almost nobody on this forum likes Trump, they're not gonna like Trump, and you're not going to convince them to like Trump. Right now, like it or not, you are comparable to a Christian stuck in Atheist-land, which you've seen many times here on TTA before. You're wasting your time, pure and simple.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 3 users Like ELK12695's post
01-03-2016, 11:28 AM
(01-03-2016 08:23 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(01-03-2016 07:24 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  I, for one, always considered you a positive, integral part of this forum. Whoever thecontemplator is has made <100 posts. You on the other hand, have been around forever and are a prolific poster.

Then without provocation you take personal offense to anyone who disagrees with you on your love affair with the Donald and lash out with unjust personal attacks like you did with me. You and I can disagree about the subject matter without being complete dicks about it which, I’m sorry and surprised to see, you have been. Why now? Why on this topic? I don’t know, but it a sad day in TTA-ville when one of it’s own turns on the others. Undecided

There, take that honest appraisal of what has recently been happening with you and do with it what you like.

FC
That might have been an honest appraisal, but I can't say that it was an accurate one. The claim that I take personal offense to disagreement on this topic is wrong at best and a malicious lie at worst. Take a look at this thread where I first voiced my support for Trump and see how it starts out with a civil discussion and then gradually declines into a shit-throwing fest after my opponents repeatedly spread slanderous lies about him. What pushed me over the edge is when Revs continuously refused to read and engage with the expert analysis I posted and instead, like a child, claimed that his 1st grade math calculation trumped (see what I did there? Tongue) said analysis. I would also recommend you to read the 'discussions' about Trump before I started talking about him. To call it a circlejerk would be an understatement. I get that this is a liberal-minded forum full of atheists, a demographic that isn't known for supporting Republicans, but come on. We should be better than that.

Whatever beefs you have with other Forum members is between you and them.

As for how you and I treat one another I would prefer the run of the mill , jovial, you're ideas are full of shit disagreements as opposed to the "go eat shit and die" discourse of late. I'll let you dictate the tone going forward.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
01-03-2016, 11:58 AM
(01-03-2016 11:13 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Cry me a fucking river. If some celebrity blowhard running for office in the EU had detractors comparing him to the KKK, I wouldn't give a flying fuck, let alone care enough to be butt-hurt on a web forum over someone else taking the piss out of them.
I care because the US just can't keep staying out of the business of other countries. If Hillary Clinton becomes president, it will have a negative effect on the rest of the world, including Europe.

(01-03-2016 11:13 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  This is the point when I would feel obliged to tell you that observing that fascists, racists, and misogynists do make up a loud part of the fanbase Trump is pandering too, doesn't exclude others outside those categories from supporting him. I'd have thought you were smart enough to have already realized this. Guess I was wrong.
Here you go again with the condescension. Yes, Chas and the others simply observed, in a calm and rational manner, that some of Trump's support base is made up of those demographics... except that's not what happened. I suggest you read all those threads again if that's what you genuinely believe.

(01-03-2016 11:15 AM)cjlr Wrote:  You... you know there's a difference between "actually, those comparisons aren't accurate" on the one hand, and "NO FUCK YOU HE'S GREAT" on the other?
I get that patronizing hyperbole is your preferred type of response, but I've seen it too many times in the past few years to be affected by it. Go troll someone else.

(01-03-2016 11:23 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  You know Vosur, there's something called "pick your battles". This is such a situation. Almost nobody on this forum likes Trump, they're not gonna like Trump, and you're not going to convince them to like Trump. Right now, like it or not, you are comparable to a Christian stuck in Atheist-land, which you've seen many times here on TTA before. You're wasting your time, pure and simple.
Kudos, that's an apt response and a very good observation (No, I'm not being sarcastic). I'll have to fight this battle someplace where people are willing to entertain the possibility that they're wrong about this issue.

(01-03-2016 11:28 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Whatever beefs you have with other Forum members is between you and them.

As for how you and I treat one another I would prefer the run of the mill , jovial, you're ideas are full of shit disagreements as opposed to the "go eat shit and die" discourse of late. I'll let you dictate the tone going forward.
I'd prefer that as well, though as ELK pointed out above, I probably won't be fighting this battle here much longer.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
01-03-2016, 01:02 PM
(01-03-2016 11:58 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Kudos, that's an apt response and a very good observation (No, I'm not being sarcastic). I'll have to fight this battle someplace where people are willing to entertain the possibility that they're wrong about this issue.

I was willing enough to not only read Trump's policy positions, but do detailed number-crunching on a couple of them in order to see how well thought-out they are.

The fact that I found them wanting earnt me your condescension and uncharitable assumptions, only to see you complain of my condescension delivered in return.

I submit that if someone wants a civil conversation, they'd ought to practice civility themselves. I don't turn the other cheek -- I make change in the coin tendered.
[+] 4 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
01-03-2016, 02:15 PM
(01-03-2016 11:58 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(01-03-2016 11:13 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Cry me a fucking river. If some celebrity blowhard running for office in the EU had detractors comparing him to the KKK, I wouldn't give a flying fuck, let alone care enough to be butt-hurt on a web forum over someone else taking the piss out of them.
I care because the US just can't keep staying out of the business of other countries. If Hillary Clinton becomes president, it will have a negative effect on the rest of the world, including Europe.

(01-03-2016 11:13 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  This is the point when I would feel obliged to tell you that observing that fascists, racists, and misogynists do make up a loud part of the fanbase Trump is pandering too, doesn't exclude others outside those categories from supporting him. I'd have thought you were smart enough to have already realized this. Guess I was wrong.
Here you go again with the condescension. Yes, Chas and the others simply observed, in a calm and rational manner, that some of Trump's support base is made up of those demographics... except that's not what happened. I suggest you read all those threads again if that's what you genuinely believe.

(01-03-2016 11:15 AM)cjlr Wrote:  You... you know there's a difference between "actually, those comparisons aren't accurate" on the one hand, and "NO FUCK YOU HE'S GREAT" on the other?
I get that patronizing hyperbole is your preferred type of response, but I've seen it too many times in the past few years to be affected by it. Go troll someone else.

(01-03-2016 11:23 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  You know Vosur, there's something called "pick your battles". This is such a situation. Almost nobody on this forum likes Trump, they're not gonna like Trump, and you're not going to convince them to like Trump. Right now, like it or not, you are comparable to a Christian stuck in Atheist-land, which you've seen many times here on TTA before. You're wasting your time, pure and simple.
Kudos, that's an apt response and a very good observation (No, I'm not being sarcastic). I'll have to fight this battle someplace where people are willing to entertain the possibility that they're wrong about this issue.

(01-03-2016 11:28 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Whatever beefs you have with other Forum members is between you and them.

I'd prefer that as well, though as ELK pointed out above, I probably won't be fighting this battle here much longer.

Will be negative.. what is negative vs a positive outcome? How is one able to predict and what anoints the positive/negative results?

I'm mainly only baffled at how much absolute like views of these political discussions are bought out in your approach to proclaim things x & y. It's quite easy to express that's wrong to ideas & statements presented in prophetic tones.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
01-03-2016, 02:54 PM
Look, I don't know if you realize this, Vosur, but the president of the United States is not a dictator and doesn't have the power to change anything he or she wants . We have a separation of power thing going on over here. Here, let me quote from Wikipedia, it has a pretty decent description of our system.

The legislative, the executive, and the judiciary branch. Under the separation of powers, each branch is independent, has a separate function, and may not usurp the functions of another branch. However, the branches are interrelated. They cooperate with one another and also prevent one another from attempting to assume too much power. This relationship is described as one of checks and balances, where the functions of one branch serve to contain and modify the power of another. Through this elaborate system of safeguards, the Framers of the Constitution sought to protect the nation against tyranny.

This system is the complete antithesis of what Donald Trump is all about. If he wins the presidency and tries to run his branch of the government like he does his corporation (which went bankrupt three separate times) this country is in deep shit. The president has to work closely with both congressional representatives and the senate. A system of "checks and balances" is again the antithesis of how Donald Trump works or thinks.

If this man becomes the president I predict he will be impeached. Neither the Senate nor the House of Representatives will be able to work with this stubby fingered narcissist and it won't be their fault either.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
01-03-2016, 04:39 PM
Can somebody tell me exactly how Trump is going to convince Mexico to build a 12 foot high wall for him? What, is he gonna try economic sanctions on them; invade them? The UN and NATO isn't gonna like either of it.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post