Hillary email scandal

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-03-2015, 02:55 PM
RE: Hillary email scandal
(11-03-2015 02:10 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(11-03-2015 02:06 PM)BnW Wrote:  I moved to PA shortly before the 2008 election. There was an open Senate seat and I didn't know squat about either candidate. One guy ran a commercial featuring his dog. I viewed him as "pro dog". His opponent ridiculed that commercial. I considered him "anti dog".

I voted dog in that race. Seemed as good a reason as any.

Zis is vy democracy is broken as a system...

It's a dog eat dog system. Ohmy

Unlike Communism, which is the reverse. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
11-03-2015, 03:07 PM
(11-03-2015 11:57 AM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  If democrats gave up gun control, focused on enforcement of existing laws and giving longer sentences for violence, they would never lose another presidential election and would control both houses of congress forever. I know a ton of people that vote republican simply to preserve gun rights, myself included. A lot of us are fine with abortion, gay marriage etc.

Says who? A simple google search of "gun SAFETY" groups on the web will bring up tons of "gun SAFETY" sites, you'll find them on FB and twitter too.

I'd stop using the term "gun control" the NRA has mastered using that to scare the shit out of the gun nutters. I say "gun safety".

The sane are not stopping that push, but we do have a hard time competing with their LOBBY group the NRA. The NRA is not the safety group it started as. It is simply another corporate whore lobby group.

I'd say just like I do with other issues, don't think about one loss or one election think about using your voice, no matter how small, every single day. It may not seem like it, but it does add up over the long term.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
11-03-2015, 03:28 PM
I think she waived her privacy rights when she decided to use her personal email for official government business. She should have known of the potential consequences beforehand. She should have known the impropriety and inappropriateness of such activity, beforehand.

She sold her soul to the company store, and now it's time for her to pay up. Sorry, but those are the rules. Give up the emails, Hillary. Inquiring minds want to know. Drinking Beverage
Find all posts by this user
11-03-2015, 03:33 PM (This post was last modified: 11-03-2015 03:39 PM by Patriot10mm.)
(11-03-2015 03:07 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(11-03-2015 11:57 AM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  If democrats gave up gun control, focused on enforcement of existing laws and giving longer sentences for violence, they would never lose another presidential election and would control both houses of congress forever. I know a ton of people that vote republican simply to preserve gun rights, myself included. A lot of us are fine with abortion, gay marriage etc.

Says who? A simple google search of "gun SAFETY" groups on the web will bring up tons of "gun SAFETY" sites, you'll find them on FB and twitter too.

I'd stop using the term "gun control" the NRA has mastered using that to scare the shit out of the gun nutters. I say "gun safety".

The sane are not stopping that push, but we do have a hard time competing with their LOBBY group the NRA. The NRA is not the safety group it started as. It is simply another corporate whore lobby group.

I'd say just like I do with other issues, don't think about one loss or one election think about using your voice, no matter how small, every single day. It may not seem like it, but it does add up over the long term.

I don't agree with that one bit. The NRA has over 5 million members, and even more donors. They do lobby, but they do it on behalf of the members, not corporations. NRA donates to democrat candidates too. They disclose all of their received donations and who they donate to as well. Despite their large membership, they are only #150 in terms of big donors. Some billionaires and large corporations donate far more against guns than the NRA spends supporting guns. Bloomberg's group Everytown for gun safety dropped $50 million compared to the NRA $30 million in 2014. And that $50 million came directly from Bloomberg himself. That doesn't even count their individual donations.

Death is a debt we all must pay.
[+] 1 user Likes Patriot10mm's post
11-03-2015, 06:41 PM
(11-03-2015 03:07 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  

The NRA runs firearms safety programs, education programs, hunting safety programs, and so on.
It was founded on education and training.

Please get the facts before you rant.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
11-03-2015, 07:15 PM

If the Republicans stopped focusing on the religious agendas of denying science, keeping gays as 2nd class citizens and the wonders of having your rapist's baby, not to mention their views on immigration, they would never lose an election. A platform of smaller government, lower taxes, and personal responsibility would be a winning message with most working Americans.

Alas.....

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 2 users Like BnW's post
11-03-2015, 07:23 PM
I have always thought that it's important to vote...but it would be so much better if I didn't feel like I was voting against the biggest nimrod instead of voting for the better candidate.

The last several years the choices have been pretty crappy. It's really a coin toss at this point.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
11-03-2015, 07:54 PM
You know, I triesd to be really thorough the last time I voted. Even tried to make an educated decision about the judges I was voting for. I couldn't find a single news article about a single one of them though. How am I supposed to make an educated decision? Though, it's been suggested that elections for judges is an awful idea anyway Drinking Beverage

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
11-03-2015, 08:39 PM (This post was last modified: 11-03-2015 08:43 PM by yakherder.)
(11-03-2015 07:23 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I have always thought that it's important to vote...but it would be so much better if I didn't feel like I was voting against the biggest nimrod instead of voting for the better candidate.

The last several years the choices have been pretty crappy. It's really a coin toss at this point.

I've gone back and forth on the issue of voting, and have come to look at it much the same way as gun ownership by the masses. They don't have to actively be using them for them to serve the purpose of maintaining leverage.

Even if you choose not to go out and vote, the fact that you have the ability to do so gives politicians incentive to please the majority. Only a small fraction typically vote, but the politicians are still answerable to the masses in that if they piss them off enough, they can still choose to get up and exercise that right. The fact that most of them are so easily swayed by the same rhetorical bullshit, over and over again, though they themselves are well aware of the fact that it's bullshit even as they take the bait again and again, is a completely different problem better explained by Orwell.

Oh and...

'Murican Canadian
11-03-2015, 08:43 PM
(11-03-2015 08:39 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(11-03-2015 07:23 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I have always thought that it's important to vote...but it would be so much better if I didn't feel like I was voting against the biggest nimrod instead of voting for the better candidate.

I've gone back and forth on the issue of voting, and have come to look at it much the same way as gun ownership by the masses. They don't have to actively be using them for them to serve the purpose of maintaining leverage.

Even if you choose not to go out and vote, the fact that you have the ability to do so gives politicians incentive to please the majority. Only a small fraction typically vote, but the politicians are still answerable to the masses in that if they piss them off enough, they can still choose to get up and exercise that right. The fact that most of them are so easily swayed by the same rhetorical bullshit, over and over again, though they themselves are well aware of the fact that it's bullshit even as they take the bait again and again, is a completely different problem better explained by Orwell.

Unfortunately it comes down to who tells the better story or who doesn't get their hand caught in the cookie jar. They all tell us things to get elected that don't necessarily happen...perhaps weren't intended to happen in the first place.

It's who spends the money in the best way - and by that I mean who has the best PR and damage control teams.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post