Hillary email scandal

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-03-2015, 08:47 PM
RE: Hillary email scandal
Sometimes I actually think they do want to make whatever changes they're running their mouths about, but realize how difficult making those changes actually is but also realize that the only way for them to get elected and have a chance to take a shot at it is to spew simplistic garbage to a naive public that isn't interested in hearing anything remotely realistic.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-03-2015, 09:01 PM
(10-03-2015 08:26 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  
(10-03-2015 08:21 PM)pablo Wrote:  What, exactly, do you think is being withheld?
I'm not a huge Hillary fan, but I think there are much more important things to worry about.

I'm not sure exactly. Something is up though. She was secretary of state for all those years and Obama says he never knew she used her personal email until he saw it on the news??? All those years on the job and they never communicated via email? The American people can't be stupid enough to believe them. She wants to be president. Her credibility is at stake.

It's a tempest in a teapot. She said she never sent ANY "classified" information in emails. That is not so unusual. If we send patient information in an unencrypted email, we get fired. How much more careful would someone in that position be, considering all the hacking going on. I for one don't care. At all.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
12-03-2015, 09:27 AM
Speaking as a Government employee, I'm surprised she hasn't gone with the obvious. "I relied on my private email service so that when you wanted to see them they would be available. No telling where they'd be if I stuck to Government email."

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
12-03-2015, 03:10 PM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2015 03:19 PM by EvolutionKills.)
(11-03-2015 06:41 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(11-03-2015 03:07 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  Says who? A simple google search of "gun SAFETY" groups on the web will bring up tons of "gun SAFETY" sites, you'll find them on FB and twitter too.

I'd stop using the term "gun control" the NRA has mastered using that to scare the shit out of the gun nutters. I say "gun safety".

The sane are not stopping that push, but we do have a hard time competing with their LOBBY group the NRA. The NRA is not the safety group it started as. It is simply another corporate whore lobby group.

I'd say just like I do with other issues, don't think about one loss or one election think about using your voice, no matter how small, every single day. It may not seem like it, but it does add up over the long term.

The NRA runs firearms safety programs, education programs, hunting safety programs, and so on.
It was founded on education and training.

Please get the facts before you rant.

You mean back when even the majority of NRA members wanted congress to do something after the Sandy Hook shooting, but the NRA position matched that of the gun manufacturers and not their members? Consider

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/11...34142.html

Quote:In the last two decades, however, the deep-pocketed NRA has increasingly relied on the support of another constituency: the $12-billion-a-year gun industry, made up of manufacturers and sellers of firearms, ammunition and related wares. That alliance was sealed in 2005, when Congress, after heavy NRA lobbying, approved a measure that gave gunmakers and gun distributors broad, and unprecedented, immunity from a wave of liability lawsuits related to gun violence in America’s cities.

It was a turning point for both the NRA and the industry, both of which recognized the mutual benefits of a partnership. That same year, the NRA also launched a lucrative new fundraising drive to secure “corporate partners” that’s raked in millions from the gun industry to boost its operations.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
12-03-2015, 04:40 PM
Can we just put this gun thing to rest?

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
12-03-2015, 06:37 PM
(11-03-2015 09:01 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(10-03-2015 08:26 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  I'm not sure exactly. Something is up though. She was secretary of state for all those years and Obama says he never knew she used her personal email until he saw it on the news??? All those years on the job and they never communicated via email? The American people can't be stupid enough to believe them. She wants to be president. Her credibility is at stake.

It's a tempest in a teapot. She said she never sent ANY "classified" information in emails. That is not so unusual. If we send patient information in an unencrypted email, we get fired. How much more careful would someone in that position be, considering all the hacking going on. I for one don't care. At all.

I think the real issue is the wisdom of conducting 100% of her official government email communication on a private email server kept at her home. She never set up a government address, so there was no possibility of her ever sending an email on a secured platform. If she never sent classified information via email, then her server may not contain classified information per se, but that does not mean foreign espionage attempts, if successful, couldn't glean valuable and/or damaging information. Her communications with government officials would potentially reveal government negotiation strategy, and moreover, her vulnerable server could function as a vector for attacking government email services.

This article does a decent job explaining why running your own email server is not such a wise thing, noting that securing email is a difficult thing to do even when you have troves of staff dedicated to doing just that:

Why Clinton’s Private Email Server Was Such a Security Fail
http://www.wired.com/2015/03/clintons-em...ulnerable/
13-03-2015, 09:15 AM
"Scandal"

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
13-03-2015, 09:25 AM
(12-03-2015 03:10 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(11-03-2015 06:41 PM)Chas Wrote:  The NRA runs firearms safety programs, education programs, hunting safety programs, and so on.
It was founded on education and training.

Please get the facts before you rant.

You mean back when even the majority of NRA members wanted congress to do something after the Sandy Hook shooting [CITATION REQUIRED], but the NRA position matched that of the gun manufacturers and not their members? Consider

And your post is not responsive to what I said. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-03-2015, 04:38 PM
It was a pretty stupid thing to do, but she apparently has a lot of company. They are all manipulative. lying bastards. I doubt anybody could survive in politics at that level if they weren't.

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/...illary-did

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
15-03-2015, 10:04 AM (This post was last modified: 15-03-2015 10:12 AM by GirlyMan.)
(12-03-2015 06:37 PM)BryanS Wrote:  I think the real issue is the wisdom of conducting 100% of her official government email communication on a private email server kept at her home. She never set up a government address, so there was no possibility of her ever sending an email on a secured platform.

That's not how it works. She didn't have the option of not setting up a government email address. It's done automatically for her just like any other federal government employee.

(12-03-2015 06:37 PM)BryanS Wrote:  This article does a decent job explaining why running your own email server is not such a wise thing, noting that securing email is a difficult thing to do even when you have troves of staff dedicated to doing just that:

Why Clinton’s Private Email Server Was Such a Security Fail
http://www.wired.com/2015/03/clintons-em...ulnerable/

It may take troves of staff dedicated to securing massive amounts of email on an enterprise level but a single computer scientist dedicated to securing a single private email server is not that big a deal. Hell i'ts more secure than using the agency's email.

#sigh