Himalayan glaciers maintaining size over past decade.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-02-2012, 04:28 PM
Himalayan glaciers maintaining size over past decade.
Al Gore, pls go.

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2012/02/0...y-reveals/

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-02-2012, 04:43 PM
RE: Himalayan glaciers maintaining size over past decade.
"Bamber was quick to caution that the new study doesn’t alter his view that the climate is changing, and rapidly."

“This new study doesn't change our view of the risks and threats from climate change,” he said in an online chat at the Guardian. “What it does do is improve our knowledge of the recent behavior of one part of the climate system."

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
09-02-2012, 05:08 PM
(09-02-2012 04:43 PM)kim Wrote:  "Bamber was quick to caution that the new study doesn’t alter his view that the climate is changing, and rapidly."

“This new study doesn't change our view of the risks and threats from climate change,” he said in an online chat at the Guardian. “What it does do is improve our knowledge of the recent behavior of one part of the climate system."

I'm not shocked by continued denial that the work they've based their careers on is a hoax. Planetary orbits and solar cycles are to blame for our change in climate. It's not man made. We will ice age many, many more times before Earth is gone.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
09-02-2012, 05:11 PM
(09-02-2012 04:28 PM)germanyt Wrote:  Al Gore, pls go.

It says that there seems to be a dependence on altitude.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-02-2012, 05:27 PM
(09-02-2012 05:11 PM)Chas Wrote:  

It says that there seems to be a dependence on altitude.

Probably because of how water vapor rises and falls as the temp changes. WV is a far worse greenhouse gas than CO2. Warmer temps (the ones caused by Earth and the Sun, not by people) put more WV in the atmosphere and climates change globablly. It's cyclical, not something we can cause or stop.

-Mark Twain
09-02-2012, 07:23 PM
The anthropogenic theory of global warming (AGW) is deeply flawed as science due to its demonstrated failure in making accurate predictions. This latest glacier information is simply another facet of the theory that fails. The smart money indicates that we're heading into a phase of global cooling, during which I won't be surprised to hear people ask "well why don't we just emit more CO2 and warm things up" which is the only time you'll hear the activists admit that CO2 is a very small factor in climate.
10-02-2012, 08:21 AM
(09-02-2012 07:23 PM)Jeff Wrote:  The anthropogenic theory of global warming (AGW) is deeply flawed as science due to its demonstrated failure in making accurate predictions. This latest glacier information is simply another facet of the theory that fails. The smart money indicates that we're heading into a phase of global cooling, during which I won't be surprised to hear people ask "well why don't we just emit more CO2 and warm things up" which is the only time you'll hear the activists admit that CO2 is a very small factor in climate.

You have to be skeptical of any science that individuals are becoming filthy rich off of. I'm all for green tech to reduce pollution and our dependence on foreign natural resources but this GW crap is just that IMO, crap. A ploy by some in government to get rich by selling carbon tax credits and garbage like wind farm tech.

-Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes germanyt's post
10-02-2012, 09:50 AM (This post was last modified: 10-02-2012 09:55 AM by mysticjbyrd.)

Didn't you downrate me for saying you watch fox news?
lol

Yah, thats what I thought.

You might want to find a more reliable source. An ancient Greek 'science' book, or an average kindergarten student for example.

As for that study, it doesn't prove or disprove climate change, lol. Not even close! Its just one data point amongst millions that have to be taken into account.
10-02-2012, 09:56 AM
(10-02-2012 09:50 AM)mysticjbyrd Wrote:  

lol

You might want to find a more reliable source.
An ancient Greek 'science' book, or an average kindergarten student for example.

foxnews.com is a website, not a network. The Fox website is a fine site. Much like msnbc.com. And I read a dozen or more online news sources. Some right leaning and some left leaning. As for Fox News Channel, I don't have cable. So no, I don't watch Fox.

Nice try though buddy.

-Mark Twain
10-02-2012, 09:57 AM
(10-02-2012 09:56 AM)germanyt Wrote:  
(10-02-2012 09:50 AM)mysticjbyrd Wrote:  

lol

An ancient Greek 'science' book, or an average kindergarten student for example.

foxnews.com is a website, not a network. The Fox website is a fine site. Much like msnbc.com. And I read a dozen or more online news sources. Some right leaning and some left leaning. As for Fox News Channel, I don't have cable. So no, I don't watch Fox.

Nice try though buddy.

As for that study, it doesn't prove or disprove climate change, lol. Not even close! Its just one data point amongst millions that have to be taken into account.