Himalayan glaciers maintaining size over past decade.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-02-2012, 02:27 PM
RE: Himalayan glaciers maintaining size over past decade.
While I think you both may have valid points, I would like to point out that fox, msnbc, cnn, abc, whatever, are not valid places to base any science argument on. None of them are a "fine" place for any concrete information, as science reporters are often too inept or too simplistic to present information accurately. Either that or they imply that you can draw conclusions that were never actually drawn in the research.

Where can you get accurate info about a new piece of research? Read the actual research, that's it. Until you have actually read the original source you don't have any business making any proclamations about it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Superluminal's post
10-02-2012, 02:30 PM (This post was last modified: 10-02-2012 02:33 PM by germanyt.)
(10-02-2012 02:27 PM)Superluminal Wrote:  While I think you both may have valid points, I would like to point out that fox, msnbc, cnn, abc, whatever, are not valid places to base any science argument on. None of them are a "fine" place for any concrete information, as science reporters are often too inept or too simplistic to present information accurately. Either that or they imply that you can draw conclusions that were never actually drawn in the research.

Where can you get accurate info about a new piece of research? Read the actual research, that's it. Until you have actually read the original source you don't have any business making any proclamations about it.

I meant 'fine' as in balanced. Neither of these sites share the same partisanship that their television counterparts have. I read plenty of published scientific artilces.
(10-02-2012 09:57 AM)mysticjbyrd Wrote:  As for that study, it doesn't prove or disprove climate change, lol. Not even close! Its just one data point amongst millions that have to be taken into account.

I never claimed it was the nail in the coffin. Just one more data point of a million discrediting global warming. I'd post others but something tells me that you believe global warming and it wouldn't matter anyway.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
11-02-2012, 12:40 AM
(10-02-2012 02:30 PM)germanyt Wrote:  I'd post others but something tells me that you believe global warming and it wouldn't matter anyway.

Come on, pony up the evidence.
11-02-2012, 12:44 AM
I agree with Micheal Shermer. There's enough of a reason to see it as true that we should act like it is. Not the whole liberal global warming agenda thing that is happening but yes weather is changing and maybe we're part of it. And yes we should try a bit harder to not be. True or not it isn't wrong for humans to be a bit less destructive.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
[+] 2 users Like Lilith Pride's post
11-02-2012, 01:08 AM
Well, I'm neutral with this global warming issue, but in my opinion we should really do something about the environment. More trees, less pollution.

Welcome to science. You're gonna like it here - Phil Plait

Have you ever tried taking a comfort blanket away from a small child? - DLJ
12-02-2012, 08:03 AM
(11-02-2012 12:40 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(10-02-2012 02:30 PM)germanyt Wrote:  I'd post others but something tells me that you believe global warming and it wouldn't matter anyway.

Will when I get back to a computer. I'm onmy phone now.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
14-02-2012, 10:08 PM
(10-02-2012 02:30 PM)germanyt Wrote:  I never claimed it was the nail in the coffin. Just one more data point of a million discrediting global warming. I'd post others but something tells me that you believe global warming and it wouldn't matter anyway.

Ahh no...it doesnt do that either...

(12-02-2012 08:03 AM)germanyt Wrote:  

Sphh a likely excuse.
15-02-2012, 04:18 AM
There soloution is to profit from the problem (carbon capping/trading)

So the top 500+ biggest polluters can buy there limits and if they have too many left over.....then they can sell them to the highest bidder (seeing as they will be limited)

I wonder what they have planned for all the money it will generate?

I also wonder why they keep skirting the fact that all planets in this solar system have steadily been increasing temp (i sound like a broken record)

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
15-02-2012, 02:41 PM
(15-02-2012 04:18 AM)bemore Wrote:  There soloution is to profit from the problem (carbon capping/trading)

So the top 500+ biggest polluters can buy there limits and if they have too many left over.....then they can sell them to the highest bidder (seeing as they will be limited)

I wonder what they have planned for all the money it will generate?

I also wonder why they keep skirting the fact that all planets in this solar system have steadily been increasing temp (i sound like a broken record)

Yah its just one big scam, like the entire credit industry in the US. Ohh, no wait that is the credit card industry.

Actually I am failing to understand this scam conspiracy with carbon trading... Maybe you can give us some more info on how this big score works. Ohh and while your at it, even assuming this is true, go ahead and explain how this is a bad thing.
15-02-2012, 03:15 PM
(14-02-2012 10:08 PM)mysticjbyrd Wrote:  
(10-02-2012 02:30 PM)germanyt Wrote:  I never claimed it was the nail in the coffin. Just one more data point of a million discrediting global warming. I'd post others but something tells me that you believe global warming and it wouldn't matter anyway.

Ahh no...it doesnt do that either...

(12-02-2012 08:03 AM)germanyt Wrote:  

Sphh a likely excuse.

Here ya go. You do the work. I'm not going to waste any more time on you.

http://www.bing.com/search?q=evidence+ag...IE-Address

http://www.bing.com/search?q=cap+and+tra...&sp=-1&sk=

-Mark Twain