Himalayan glaciers maintaining size over past decade.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-03-2012, 05:38 AM
RE: Himalayan glaciers maintaining size over past decade.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-03-2012, 08:17 PM
This is a lie!! blasphemy!! as an Al Gore supporter I believe this is a conspericary to bring him down!!

and i know who is behind this, ITS MANBEARPIG!! HALF MAN, HALF BEAR AND HALF PIG!!

MANBEARPIGS WANTS STOP AL GORE PEOPLE!!
26-03-2012, 07:50 AM
Again, I can't view YT vids from my computer. If you just post the name of the video I can look it up on my phone.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
26-03-2012, 08:33 AM
(26-03-2012 07:50 AM)germanyt Wrote:  Again, I can't view YT vids from my computer. If you just post the name of the video I can look it up on my phone.
"Global Warming is FAKE (Neil Degrasse Tyson vs Bob Lutz)" is the exact title.

26-03-2012, 08:55 AM
(26-03-2012 08:33 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(26-03-2012 07:50 AM)germanyt Wrote:  Again, I can't view YT vids from my computer. If you just post the name of the video I can look it up on my phone.

"Global Warming is FAKE (Neil Degrasse Tyson vs Bob Lutz)" is the exact title.

Listen, I have tons of respect for Neil Tyson but that video didn't prove anything. It didn't even really make a point. Almost everything Lutz said is correct. We've been spending decades scaring people into thinking that the east/west coast is going to be under water. They've been told massive hurricanes are going to destroy huge areas around the Gulf coast. I live here man, it's hot just like it always has been and a category 5 hurricane hasn't even come close to hitting land since Andrew. Even with sinking and loss of wetlands related to canals and levees Louisiana's rate of submerssion isn't getting more rapid. Also, every winter when we go to Antarctica and the Arctic Circle the ice is there. It may be slightly warmer in the summer but it's been colder in the winter. Average temp changes in most places are in tenths of a degree IIRC.

And all this has happened before where there were no SUVs and oil rigs!!!!!!

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
26-03-2012, 10:29 AM (This post was last modified: 26-03-2012 10:40 AM by Logica Humano.)
(26-03-2012 08:55 AM)germanyt Wrote:  
(26-03-2012 08:33 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  "Global Warming is FAKE (Neil Degrasse Tyson vs Bob Lutz)" is the exact title.

Listen, I have tons of respect for Neil Tyson but that video didn't prove anything. It didn't even really make a point. Almost everything Lutz said is correct. We've been spending decades scaring people into thinking that the east/west coast is going to be under water. They've been told massive hurricanes are going to destroy huge areas around the Gulf coast. I live here man, it's hot just like it always has been and a category 5 hurricane hasn't even come close to hitting land since Andrew. Even with sinking and loss of wetlands related to canals and levees Louisiana's rate of submerssion isn't getting more rapid. Also, every winter when we go to Antarctica and the Arctic Circle the ice is there. It may be slightly warmer in the summer but it's been colder in the winter. Average temp changes in most places are in tenths of a degree IIRC.

And all this has happened before where there were no SUVs and oil rigs!!!!!!

Yes, but it is an undeniable fact that we are a partial cause for global warming. Our unnatural actions throw off the balance of decay in the natural ecosystem. While it may not be as notable as environmental extremists say, we still must heed the warnings.

NASA:
"The map illustrates just how much warmer temperatures were in the decade (2000-2009) compared to average temperatures recorded between 1951 and 1980 (a common reference period for climate studies). The most extreme warming, shown in red, was in the Arctic. Very few areas saw cooler than average temperatures, shown in blue. Gray areas over parts of the Southern Ocean are places where temperatures were not recorded. The analysis, conducted by the Goddard Institute for Space Studies (GISS) in New York City, is based on temperatures recorded at meteorological (weather) stations around the world and satellite data over the oceans."

[Image: 800px-GISS_temperature_2000-09_lrg.png]

"Shows in graphic form the projected increase in carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions from fossil fuels in five of the emissions scenarios used by the International Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), compared to the International Energy Agency's (IEA's) actual observational CO2 emissions data from fossil fuel consumption. Data from IPCC emissions scenarios; Data spreadsheet included with International Energy Agency's "CO2 Emissions from Fuel Combustion 2010 - Highlights"; and Supplemental IEA data."

[Image: P200912021515392118984617.png]

"Line plot of global mean land-ocean temperature index, 1880 to present, with the base period 1951-1980. The black line is the annual mean and the red line is the five-year running mean. The green bars show uncertainty estimates. [This is an update of Fig. 1A in Hansen et al. (2006).]"

[Image: Global_Temperature_Anomaly_1880-2010_%28Fig.A%29.gif]

26-03-2012, 10:55 AM
Those graphs don't tell me anything I didn't already know. I'm well aware of the output of carbon emission. I'm well aware the planet is warmer (albeit slightly). What I'm not aware of and noone can prove is that the amount of co2 we put in the air is what is causing the warming. Or that if no co2 was being put in the air the temp would stay the same. Until they do I reamin skeptical. Especially considering all the money made off of climate change. And of course Al Gore, the largest douch of our generation is the perpetrator.

-Mark Twain
26-03-2012, 11:13 AM
CO2 is the only forcing that correlates with the observed temperature change.

[Image: Climate_Change_Attribution.png]

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
26-03-2012, 11:20 AM
(26-03-2012 10:55 AM)germanyt Wrote:  Those graphs don't tell me anything I didn't already know. I'm well aware of the output of carbon emission. I'm well aware the planet is warmer (albeit slightly). What I'm not aware of and noone can prove is that the amount of co2 we put in the air is what is causing the warming. Or that if no co2 was being put in the air the temp would stay the same. Until they do I reamin skeptical. Especially considering all the money made off of climate change. And of course Al Gore, the largest douch of our generation is the perpetrator.
Co2 is a natural byproduct of nature. We are just adding more than the ecosystem can handle. So, yes I agree with you about Al Gore and the rest of his cronies, but man-made global warming is not a hoax.

26-03-2012, 11:22 AM (This post was last modified: 26-03-2012 11:26 AM by germanyt.)
(26-03-2012 11:13 AM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  CO2 is the only forcing that correlates with the observed temperature change.

[Image: Climate_Change_Attribution.png]

I'm a little confused by the layout of this graph but what I can see is a 0.6 degree overall change in 100+ years. Forgive me if I don't crap my pants.

(26-03-2012 11:20 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(26-03-2012 10:55 AM)germanyt Wrote:  Those graphs don't tell me anything I didn't already know. I'm well aware of the output of carbon emission. I'm well aware the planet is warmer (albeit slightly). What I'm not aware of and noone can prove is that the amount of co2 we put in the air is what is causing the warming. Or that if no co2 was being put in the air the temp would stay the same. Until they do I reamin skeptical. Especially considering all the money made off of climate change. And of course Al Gore, the largest douch of our generation is the perpetrator.

Co2 is a natural byproduct of nature. We are just adding more than the ecosystem can handle. So, yes I agree with you about Al Gore and the rest of his cronies, but man-made global warming is not a hoax.

I'm not suggesting that it's not a credible theory. Just that I'm not sold on it.

Higgs boson is a credible theory as is the Standard Model. But the Higgs being unseen and SM being incomplete gives legitimate reason to question it. I don't in that case but in climate change I do.

-Mark Twain