Hippie Christians

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-02-2016, 07:52 PM
Hippie Christians
I live in California and I feel like I'm utterly surrounded by hippie Christians, they are very different from the fire and brimstone Christians I grew up around when I lived in Oklahoma as a child/teenager. They are especially annoying because they only want to talk about love, if you say "I just can't believe there is a God." They always say "But there is a God and he loves you and Jesus loves you and love and rainbows and unicorns and love!" If you point out the paradox of an all loving being who also needs you to worship him and accept his son's blood sacrifice and some other rules or else you burn so it's a conditional love they're just like "But God can forgiven ANYTHING and the love though, did you not hear when I said he loves you? Because he totes does love you, like whole bunches!!" I mean seriously how can God love everyone? If he loves everyone, he loves no one, he has no standards so it's totally meaningless.

Perhaps you have also met these believers, they usually have these traits:

1. They talk about love almost exclusively.
2. They are very open minded and accepting of gay marriage, sex before marriage, women being preachers/priests, etc. They will even look down on fundamentalist Christians and will start sentences with "Well my Jesus would never judge..."
3. They can't get angry, you can try to push them but they won't break, even if you insult them they will only say "Hey, that's not nice, I haven't insulted you." and may walk away like "I'll just pray for you."
4. They don't know shit about the Bible, especially the OT and Jesus was like the ultimate Hippie so they try to live like he did but this God/Yahweh is some kind of abstract idea to them, like "Woah he said to kill unruly kids? Ok well that's why it's all about Jesus though, cause love."
5. They also don't know shit about science, try to bring up evolution and you'll get "Well, maybe it's both, like God created everything and like it all evolved...and yeah that makes sense?" Try to push them and you get "Well, hey I'm not a scientist man, I just know Jesus is like the coolest and I can always count on him."

I find myself unable to debate these Xians, it's so frustrating their level if delusion and sense of overwhelming goodness. Does anyone else feel this type of Christian is becoming more prevalent and have any ways of dealing with them? I don't want to change their minds, they seem like really nice cool people but wow are they annoying, should I just leave them be?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like SitaSky's post
29-02-2016, 08:02 PM
RE: Hippie Christians
Christianity had to adapt to this time in order to survive. By changing their position from fundamentalism to "all peace and love" they are trying to gain mor adepts since appealing to emotion is really effective in a lot of people.

As for let them be, well, some people are too delusional and I think is worthless to try to convince them. Just don't bring the subject in front of them if you want to avoid the frustration.

"Skepticism is the first step towards truth" -Denis Diderot
29-02-2016, 08:06 PM
[Image: hippy-christian.jpg]

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
29-02-2016, 08:12 PM
I've got some relatives in Connecticut who are like this, but they're also into all sorts of Eastern religions and crazy spiritual woo stuff. It's pretty bizarre.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
29-02-2016, 08:14 PM
(29-02-2016 07:52 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  ...
Does anyone ... have any ways of dealing with them?

National Service.

Angel

01-03-2016, 01:51 AM
Knowing shit about Bible and science isn't confined only to so called hippie christians, from my experience it's widespread about all kinds of christians.

As for debating I would say that you can't really debate with believer, hippie or not. He has his belief and facts aren't going to change his mind. Also sadly they don't seem to be growing in numbers in Poland at least. I say sadly cause they appear harmless as they don't want to deprive others of rights, just believe some bullshit.

I would say leave them be for if they want to live in delusion they have right to do so. If they aren't forcing their religious taboos onto others I see no reason to care about them.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
01-03-2016, 02:10 AM
(29-02-2016 08:06 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  [Image: hippy-christian.jpg]

I'd be happy to take her confession Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
01-03-2016, 02:21 AM
I was one for years. So it is possible - a lot of them ARE open minded people. If you want them to listen to you, can't be anything but kind and loving in return, though. Why would I want to listen to you if you're a depressed asshole that treats everyone like shit? Clearly my way of thinking is better than your life philosophy...

It's only the proselytizing hippie Christians that I care to enlighten. Many of the ones I've known don't believe in a hell, because love and feels... If that makes them happy, motivates them to make the world around them beautiful and kind, great. It's a much happier thought than nihilism, even if it is delusional...

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
01-03-2016, 03:46 AM
(29-02-2016 07:52 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  I live in California and I feel like I'm utterly surrounded by hippie Christians, they are very different from the fire and brimstone Christians I grew up around when I lived in Oklahoma as a child/teenager. They are especially annoying because they only want to talk about love, ....

I find myself unable to debate these Xians, it's so frustrating their level if delusion and sense of overwhelming goodness. Does anyone else feel this type of Christian is becoming more prevalent and have any ways of dealing with them? I don't want to change their minds, they seem like really nice cool people but wow are they annoying, should I just leave them be?

Jovis and other way out christards, including the kat lickers, need to be challenged and 'sorted'. They are nothing but evil businesses hiding behind religtardology. Piss them off and they turn real mean and nasty real easily.

These Hippie Californinan christards are a throw-back to the Sixties. Hell, even I was a Hippie back then. We weren't into religion but we were into Peace and Love (yeh and sex, drugs and rock-and roll too). Gawd, I miss those times but mostly I miss a body that used to work a darn site better than it does today). Anyways, where was I? Oh yes, I remember.

There's a form of Hippie christardology on the rise over here in the UK called evangelical christards. They are the fastest-growing christardological group in the UK. They aren't quite the same but they are close enough to Hippie christards. They claim that they are about love. Love for jebus. Love for you. Love for me. Love for all. UNTIL you start to poke and proddle their minds and ask for proof of their lard jebus. Then they turn mean and ugly and show their true colours and become the evil fuckers they really are. It really is a revelation to see how evil these bastards really are.

If these Californian Hippies are just really cool nice people, suggest leaving them alone. Eventually, they'll grow up and grow out of it on their own. It sounds like they might actually do some good - unlike other brands of religtards which have caused so much harm in this world that it is doubtful whether man will ever recover.

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
[+] 1 user Likes god has no twitter account's post
01-03-2016, 05:16 AM
If they're not into free love and serious mind altering drugs they're not hippies.....

They're just Quakers eating granola.........

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 6 users Like onlinebiker's post