Historical Weapons

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-06-2016, 08:54 AM
RE: Historical Weapons
(15-06-2016 09:53 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(15-06-2016 08:42 PM)Fireball Wrote:  The marks will buff out.

I take it you refin guitars for a hobby?

No, but I do work wood and metal. I'm currently building a new chest for my wood carving tools, for example. I could show some examples of my carving, once I learn to take decent pictures.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
16-06-2016, 09:10 AM
Since we’ve been talking a bit about melee weapons the Lakota Indians had this horrific contraption

[Image: b98551ad1a40b0fca19cdf76d59ad2f3.jpg]

I’d piss my pants seeing someone coming at me with this thing.

Remember this scene from Last of the Mohicans?

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

Shocking

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
16-06-2016, 09:10 AM
(16-06-2016 08:54 AM)Fireball Wrote:  
(15-06-2016 09:53 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I take it you refin guitars for a hobby?

No, but I do work wood and metal. I'm currently building a new chest for my wood carving tools, for example. I could show some examples of my carving, once I learn to take decent pictures.
We'll settle for indecent ones. Thumbsup
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
16-06-2016, 09:31 AM
(16-06-2016 06:16 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I've often thought of a adding a trebuchet to my arsenal....

Big Grin

[Image: treb-dad.jpg]

I could have some serious fun with one of those puppies...

I love trebuchets. This is what my dad wanted to do to his brand new Fiat (Fix It Again Tony) bought back in the 1980's.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
16-06-2016, 09:34 AM
Dude I was just going to look for video of those guys who build modern trebuchets. There's a whole competition for them, now, and a TV show about it.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
16-06-2016, 09:45 AM
(16-06-2016 09:34 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Dude I was just going to look for video of those guys who build modern trebuchets. There's a whole competition for them, now, and a TV show about it.

Punkin' Chunkin'.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Gawdzilla's post
16-06-2016, 10:36 AM
(16-06-2016 09:34 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Dude I was just going to look for video of those guys who build modern trebuchets. There's a whole competition for them, now, and a TV show about it.

My idea was to go buy some TV's at garage sales -- there's a ton of CRT types - and rig up a power cord/feed cable -that plays out when launched - and have the TV's playing different crap, when launching -- and getting it video recorded -- as they fly through the air, playing...

Performance art, sorta thing...

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
16-06-2016, 12:03 PM
(16-06-2016 08:54 AM)Fireball Wrote:  
(15-06-2016 09:53 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I take it you refin guitars for a hobby?

Yeah, you should start a thread about that.

I was just joking, lots of guys on the guitar forums will tell you "aw, that'll buff out" when a new owner is melting down after the guitar got its first scratch. Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
16-06-2016, 12:56 PM
(16-06-2016 09:10 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Since we’ve been talking a bit about melee weapons the Lakota Indians had this horrific contraption

[img]https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/b9/85/51/b98551ad1a40b0fca19cdf76d59ad2f3.jpg[/img

Not trying to put down your choice here, but that thing looks like it was made from a piece of plywood. This one on the other hand is a work of art right down to the wampum bead strap.

[Image: Gunstock_war_club_wampum_strap.JPG]

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Popeye's Pappy's post
16-06-2016, 01:06 PM
(15-06-2016 07:39 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Geeze, am I the only female that's posting in this thread? I don't know what that says about me. Lol. Tongue
It says you'd be a really fun date.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
[+] 2 users Like jabeady's post