Historical Weapons

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-06-2016, 01:15 PM
RE: Historical Weapons
(16-06-2016 09:31 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(16-06-2016 06:16 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I've often thought of a adding a trebuchet to my arsenal....

Big Grin

[Image: treb-dad.jpg]

I could have some serious fun with one of those puppies...

I love trebuchets. This is what my dad wanted to do to his brand new Fiat (Fix It Again Tony) bought back in the 1980's.

The title had me at "Incendiary Drum". Hobo Nice!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
16-06-2016, 01:20 PM
(16-06-2016 10:36 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(16-06-2016 09:34 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Dude I was just going to look for video of those guys who build modern trebuchets. There's a whole competition for them, now, and a TV show about it.

My idea was to go buy some TV's at garage sales -- there's a ton of CRT types - and rig up a power cord/feed cable -that plays out when launched - and have the TV's playing different crap, when launching -- and getting it video recorded -- as they fly through the air, playing...

Performance art, sorta thing...

Big Grin

You're performance art remark reminded me of this. I know I probably shouldn't laugh at this but....... I laugh anyway. Laugh out load

PS. I know it's not a trebuchet.

Edit: Forgot the video.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
16-06-2016, 01:22 PM
(16-06-2016 12:03 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(16-06-2016 08:54 AM)Fireball Wrote:  No, but I do work wood and metal. I'm currently building a new chest for my wood carving tools, for example. I could show some examples of my carving, once I learn to take decent pictures.

Yeah, you should start a thread about that.

I was just joking, lots of guys on the guitar forums will tell you "aw, that'll buff out" when a new owner is melting down after the guitar got its first scratch. Smile

There's already a "Member Art" thread. I have a better pitcher-takin' camera now; maybe my pitchers will come out better.

I bought a new car Tuesday. I went out to get the newspaper Wednesday morning and a spider was hanging from the trunk lid. At first I thought it was a ding from the paper or a bird turd. I swiped it with the newspaper and it made a satisfying little thunk when it hit the side of my truck. I hadn't had it 12 hours and that little shit was hanging from it. Dodgy At least the car doesn't have any scratches, yet.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
16-06-2016, 02:09 PM
But how can you attention-whore if your bury your craftwork into a thread that's already up?

I don't understand you people sometimes. Smile
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
16-06-2016, 07:44 PM
(16-06-2016 06:16 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I've often thought of a adding a trebuchet to my arsenal....

Big Grin

[Image: treb-dad.jpg]

I could have some serious fun with one of those puppies...

That'd be great for launching a wooden barrel full of hornet nests.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
16-06-2016, 09:06 PM (This post was last modified: 16-06-2016 09:13 PM by Fireball.)
(16-06-2016 02:09 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  But how can you attention-whore if your bury your craftwork into a thread that's already up?

I don't understand you people sometimes. Smile

Laugh out load FWIW, when we finished a big project at work, we had this big kum-ba-yah picture that we all had to be in. I always stood next to/behind a tall person, and when the photographer said "Say cheese", I quickly leaned behind that tall person. I'm anti-attention. Tongue

I actually do have my picture in the LA Times for some work I did. Unfortunately, I don't recall the date that that particular paper came out. No I didn't even know it at the time; my father-in-law told me he saw my picture in the paper. Hobo

...and then, there is a part of me that thinks, "Who the hell cares about what I have carved/welded/hammered/etc." Guess I'll go ahead and take some pics, but I will still only post them in the "Member Art" thread, mainly because I don't think that I should upstage any other member on here with what is likely equivalent (+/- some amount) to what they have done.
16-06-2016, 09:16 PM
I think it is cool to post up projects. Maybe we should get a thread going.
I napkin designed and built several things for my paraplegic brother in law, a pool lift, some chair mods. For me the fun is figuring out how to get from A to B.
16-06-2016, 10:06 PM
I can post things I have made for myself, but things that I have designed and had built by my former employer are going to be off limits. No equivocation on that.
16-06-2016, 11:59 PM
(16-06-2016 10:06 PM)Fireball Wrote:  I can post things I have made for myself, but things that I have designed and had built by my former employer are going to be off limits. No equivocation on that.

How about video of them in action?
17-06-2016, 07:52 AM
(16-06-2016 11:59 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(16-06-2016 10:06 PM)Fireball Wrote:  I can post things I have made for myself, but things that I have designed and had built by my former employer are going to be off limits. No equivocation on that.

How about video of them in action?

None of what I have made moves, unless you want me to sweep the camera across them. We'll see.

Now, back to the regularly scheduled thread...