History of America as seen through the eyes of Buddy Christ (an excerpt)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-12-2013, 12:48 AM
RE: History of America as seen through the eyes of Buddy Christ (an excerpt)
Won't read your post as I've already read your book (and loved it) - as you can see by my sig.
Good job, dude Thumbsup

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-12-2013, 11:03 AM
(31-12-2013 12:48 AM)aurora Wrote:  Won't read your post as I've already read your book (and loved it) - as you can see by my sig.
Good job, dude Thumbsup

Splendifferous!

You were quite thorough in your reference. I promise not to sue you for copyright.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
31-12-2013, 06:56 PM
(31-12-2013 11:03 AM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  
(31-12-2013 12:48 AM)aurora Wrote:  Won't read your post as I've already read your book (and loved it) - as you can see by my sig.
Good job, dude Thumbsup

Splendifferous!

You were quite thorough in your reference. I promise not to sue you for copyright.

Yep. As a student of psychology, referencing is an important part of research and reports (and it avoids litigation Smile ).
I, too, feel like the audience.

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
06-01-2014, 04:08 PM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2014 04:13 PM by Luminon.)
America is so popular, because it's one of the few places safe from invasion. Little is known that America also runs a chain of low-cost vacation resorts and spas all around the world, for people who lost their home in invasions.
However, the rent back home is getting a bit high to pay for all the invasions.

Buddy Christ, if I adjust my reading glasses a little, your book is a wonderful introduction to America for people who never saw it, because a) they're too young and b) they live inside of it (but not too inside to join the world's highest prison population thanks to non-violent crimes like "possession", which is probably an equivalent of medieval possession by the devil). It's good to know what the rent goes for and who is the landlord or why do you even need a landlord and rent (50 % of your income) if the place was properly stolen by the ancestors, so you should pay no rent at all.

Of course, the TV belongs to the landlord and his chums as well, so one is unlikely to learn anything out of it, except how good is to pay the rent. Your book might serve as a preliminary introduction to reality. Or it would, if the landlord also didn't run most of the schools in a similar way that he runs the spas, only with a higher survival rate (counting hearts, not brains).
So the TV or schools are a good source of fertilizer, not information. Information about how wonderful is it that our rent includes this particular form of education. It's a good deal, education of one rent-payer costs about 75 grand, but the rent he pays per life goes to about 1,5 million. About five bucks from that goes to charity and people who invented the internet, which is how the landlord justifies his existence. Or would, if the cover story wasn't that we are our own landlord, only half of our money still goes away to someone.

*take the above as a tribute to your funny and captivating writing style and badly needed topic*
(as a student I must make references and I admit that several odd facts from the above are spread by a Canadian bald eagle named Stefan Molyneux with whom I have a wonderful platonic love/hate relationship)