History - what interests you?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-06-2013, 01:46 PM
RE: History - what interests you?
(19-06-2013 01:18 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  I like in depth combat tactics and logistics and peoples movements/uncovering ulterior histories.

Ps. I hate the ****ing pilgrims. I still don't understand why I had to learn about them 6 separate times in school but never got past 1945 in 12 years of classes.

I hate the fucking pilgrims too. Every fucking Thanksgiving my husband embarks on everything pilgrim. Something about his family on the mayflower...blah blah blah. I tune it out.

[Image: mrhanky.jpg]

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
28-06-2013, 01:30 PM
Ancient. Greco-Roman but as I got into this religious nonsense more and more I was drawn into the Ancient Near East as well. That means learning about archaeology because there is so little actual historical material.

And, no. The bible is not "historical."
28-06-2013, 01:31 PM
Quote:I hate the fucking pilgrims too.

Lousy Puritans.
28-06-2013, 03:40 PM
(28-06-2013 01:31 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  
Quote:I hate the fucking pilgrims too.

Lousy Puritans.

The Puritans and the Pilgrims were different groups. Just sayin'. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-06-2013, 06:02 PM
http://www.puritansermons.com/banner/logan1.htm

Quote:"Puritans" wanted to remain as part of the English establishment, working for biblical reform from within.

Quote:"Pilgrims" wanted to achieve "reformation without tarrying," even if it meant separating from their church and their nation

Quote:What united Massachusetts Bay and Plymouth, what united both Puritans and Pilgrims was far more significant than what distinguished them. All children of the Reformation, they knew that salvation was by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone. And they knew this because they took, as their authority, Scripture alone.

The differences were mainly political. When it came religion - they were all the same shit.
04-10-2013, 08:36 PM
If you think you've just made a big mistake Sad

Just remember the Austrian army attacked itself in 1788 resulting in 10,000 casualties Ohmy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Kar%C3%A1nsebes

It could be worse Confused

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
25-10-2013, 02:31 PM
Ancient history interests me the most. Especially the Assyrians, Egyptians, Persians, Greeks and Romans. Just love tracing the rise and fall of Empires and what they achieved
29-10-2013, 02:22 PM
I quite enjoy a lot of stuff in history, particularly ancient people and societies and ancient mythologies. This is why I so lament the passing of the History Channel--which is largely dead to me now. I greatly enjoyed the programming that spanned so many subjects and topics.

My favorite shows on there were History's Mysteries and Unsolved History because of the unusual nature of the subjects, and given my background (youth) being very interested in crap like UFOs and Cryptozoology and that nonsense, those kind of baffling historical mysteries always fascinated me.

There's really a lot that I enjoy learning about.

More specifically to my modern self, gaming and console gaming history is particularly fascinating.

This is the signature.

http://www.FromNothingGameStudios.com
29-10-2013, 08:37 PM
I enjoy many things, especially Roman and Medieval European history. I also like to read about the relationships between cultures and languages across the globe, if that counts as history.
29-10-2013, 09:35 PM
I'm just going to leave this here:

Thomas Hardy Wrote:War makes rattling good history; but Peace is poor reading.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.