Hit me with your best shot

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-11-2012, 02:11 AM
Hit me with your best shot
Let's keep this short and sweet--I want to hear the best Theist arguments directly from the Theists themselves. Assume I am ready to be converted and I'm an open book. Is this the place to be or should I go somewhere else where they congregate?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-11-2012, 03:45 AM
RE: Hit me with your best shot
The most prominent theist here would be more interested in converting you to the Church of Up-Side Down Dogs than to his actual religious beliefs.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
14-11-2012, 05:57 AM
Seriously, you want a theist opinion and then you come to one (if not The) of the biggest ATHEISTIC forums/communities online? How many fundamental theists do you think reside here?

Big Grin

Hey, KC, try to convert this one...

Tongue

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
14-11-2012, 06:26 AM
I considered trolling you but I don't got the energy Tongue Good luck in your quest to find a theist. We've got a few super dumb ones. And KC is somewhat... non-standard...
14-11-2012, 06:31 AM (This post was last modified: 14-11-2012 06:37 AM by Gaest.)
(14-11-2012 02:11 AM)scinerd0415 Wrote:  I want to hear the best Theist arguments directly from the Theists themselves. Assume I am ready to be converted and I'm an open book.

Booze, blood, beard and brothel.
14-11-2012, 08:24 AM
(14-11-2012 03:45 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  The most prominent theist here would be more interested in converting you to the Church of Up-Side Down Dogs than to his actual religious beliefs.
I didn't think I was converted to the church of the Up-Side Down Dogs... until now. 0_o

KC!!! Censored

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
14-11-2012, 11:14 AM
(14-11-2012 02:11 AM)scinerd0415 Wrote:  Let's keep this short and sweet--I want to hear the best Theist arguments directly from the Theists themselves. Assume I am ready to be converted and I'm an open book. Is this the place to be or should I go somewhere else where they congregate?
Obviously, you're not a golfer.

Leviticus does not justify stupidity, but it is more than enough to define corruption of the human mind.

[Image: 24851795.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like Matthew Laramore's post
14-11-2012, 11:22 AM
If this was meant to be anything more than a drive-by in the wrong forum, then welcome.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
14-11-2012, 01:20 PM (This post was last modified: 14-11-2012 01:23 PM by Aseptic Skeptic.)
I dare say the title of this thread leaves something to be desired.

Not many theists here, but the few that lurk about probably don't read every thread. Mostly they start their own and then defend themselves. Sometimes they chime in on other threads, but I bet they only even bother if something in the TITLE makes them want to get in their two bits. They're all too busy praying, or just being holier-than-us, to spend their time reading every thread on an atheist forum.

Your title doesn't even suggest that a theist should even bother read the OP of this thread; it's probably way under their (and just about everyone else's) radar.

Don't feel too bad. You're a victim of an internet culture that's so common it's damn near its own meme - thinking that your words are so allmighty important that everyone will read every word, therefore you don't need to create a meaningful title to get anyone's attention. In fact, some people, dunno if you're one of them, seem to falsely believe that leaving vague or cryptic titles makes everyone jump into the thread immediately to sate their undying curiosity about what the OP has to say, when really all it does it help the majority of us know which threads to ignore.

I'm not trying to single you out. I said it's common. Lot's of people do it. I usually skip all threads that have useless titles like this one, except I happen to be a Pat Benetar fan. I was a bit disappointed that this had nothing to do with her and that it had no relevance to the title whatsoever.

Not to be one to bash-and-dash, I'll exit with a bit of advice: If you really want someone to respond to a forum post, blog, or whatever, try using a title that actually gives them a reason to read what you have to say. For example, this thread would be much better titled "Hey, Theists, please come convert me ASAP!" - at least that would probably get some of our few theists to actually open up this thread and read your post and, who knows, maybe even respond.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 2 users Like Aseptic Skeptic's post
14-11-2012, 01:31 PM
(14-11-2012 01:20 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  I dare say the title of this thread leaves something to be desired.

Agreed. I gave it my best shot though...
[+] 1 user Likes Gaest's post