Hitch vs. WLC Debate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-05-2013, 01:27 PM
Star Hitch vs. WLC Debate
I've read Hitch but had never watched any of his speeches or debates. I'm watching his debate with WL Craig at Biola College in CA. I knew he was awesome from reading books, but I'm glad for YouTube so I can see the mad debate skills preserved for posterity.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes cjs's post
13-06-2013, 06:18 AM (This post was last modified: 13-06-2013 06:31 AM by Enlightened Romantic.)
RE: Hitch vs. WLC Debate
(26-05-2013 01:27 PM)cjs Wrote:  I've read Hitch but had never watched any of his speeches or debates. I'm watching his debate with WL Craig at Biola College in CA. I knew he was awesome from reading books, but I'm glad for YouTube so I can see the mad debate skills preserved for posterity.

I love Hitch debates too, but think the Craig debate is one of his weaker ones, in all honesty. My favorite is the Dembski debate, or the debate he did with Harris about "Is there an afterlife" with two spiritual jews. Also the intelligence squared debate with Stephen Fry on the Goodness of the Catholic church is priceless - one of the best knockout debates I've seen. If you like Hitch outside of religious discussions, as I do, his free speech debate with Tharoor is awesome.

This speech is my favorite one, and combines free speech and religion.

But yeah, Hitch kicks ass.
[+] 3 users Like Enlightened Romantic's post
16-06-2013, 08:37 AM
I will have to check those out, thanks for the recommendations.

Godless in the Magnolia State
16-06-2013, 09:26 AM
I like watching Hitchens speak or debate, even more than I like reading his books. He was so smart and funny...and quick.

You can take your time writing and rewriting a book or a speech but when you can debate off the cuff like he could....WOW! Oh, and I loved his accent.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude.
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
16-06-2013, 10:27 AM
Yes the Hitchens/Fry team debate is fantastic. Hitchens is awesome of course by so was Fry in all honesty. Certainly worth watching. Smile
16-06-2013, 10:32 AM
(16-06-2013 10:27 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Yes the Hitchens/Fry team debate is fantastic. Hitchens is awesome of course by so was Fry in all honesty. Certainly worth watching. Smile

I began watching that one just a few minutes ago, but then husband woke up and took over the computer.

I'll have to try to watch it tomorrow.

Every year is getting shorter never seem to find the time.
Plans that either come to naught or half a page of scribbled lines. Breathe; Pink Floyd

16-06-2013, 10:37 AM
(16-06-2013 10:32 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(16-06-2013 10:27 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Yes the Hitchens/Fry team debate is fantastic. Hitchens is awesome of course by so was Fry in all honesty. Certainly worth watching. Smile

I began watching that one just a few minutes ago, but then husband woke up and took over the computer.

Come over. You can use my computer! Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
16-06-2013, 11:05 AM
(16-06-2013 10:32 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  

Get yourself a laptop when you go shopping for that crock pot. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user