Hitchens sucks

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 1 Average
09-02-2014, 10:48 AM (This post was last modified: 09-02-2014 10:56 AM by donotwant.)
Hitchens sucks
I watched debate of Craig vs Hitchens and hitchens got owned because of lack of ability to form arguments which sound good and logical attacks. Dawkins suffers from same thing. Atheists should train their rhetoric skills. Because until they do people like Craig will win simply because they know how to talk properly.
Also more confidence would be good thing to have.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-02-2014, 10:58 AM
RE: Hitchens sucks
When you have a great mind like Dawkins has or Hitchens had, it is more difficult to communicate your ideas to people with lesser capabilities (I'm speaking of religious people). Nevertheless, I think Dawkins is doing a better job at simplifying things to a degree that everyone can follow than Hitchens used to do.

Fun "paradox": The higher the selection pressure, the slower evolution takes place.
[+] 1 user Likes Youkay's post
09-02-2014, 10:58 AM
Um...a few of things.

One, a link to said debate would be nice. Then folks can watch the evidence and form their own opinions and conclusions.

Second, Mister Craig tends to throw such an avalanche of almost word salad proportion 'facts' and suppositions at an opponent, that pinning anything down that the man says is a nigh on herculean task, in and of itself.

A third thing? Mister Hitchens has passed away due to the scourge that is cancer. So...you might want to pull your head in a little when making such slanderous comments about people who are no longer in a position to defend themselves. (Not that Mister Hitchens, when he was alive, needed any one to fight his battles for him. Feisty fellow that he was.)

*Holds minute's silence for the fallen*

Very much cheers to all.
[+] 6 users Like Peebothuhul's post
09-02-2014, 11:03 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FofDChlSILU

I am sad that hitchens died I liked him a lot. But I watched this debate recently and say what I noticed.
Thing is that structure of the sentences is important and timing and target is also important. If atheists won't take care of these things they will lose even against shitty theist arguments(well it would look that way anyway).
09-02-2014, 11:03 AM
Obvious troll is obvious
[+] 7 users Like devilsadvoc8's post
09-02-2014, 11:06 AM
(09-02-2014 11:03 AM)donotwant Wrote:  I am sad that hitchens died I liked him a lot. But I watched this debate recently and say what I noticed.
Thing is that structure of the sentences is important and timing and target is also important. If atheists won't take care of these things they will lose even against shitty theist arguments(well it would look that way anyway).

Thank you for the link. It was also the first link that came up on a google search. Smile

As for you comments on sentence structure and such, well on the assumption that English is not your first language then okay.

Other wise...hypocrisy much? Though, this is not yet a debate, is it? Wink

Very much cheers to all.
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
09-02-2014, 11:26 AM
I disagree with the assessment of the OP.

[+] 2 users Like Raptor Jesus's post
09-02-2014, 11:38 AM
(09-02-2014 11:26 AM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  I disagree with the assessment of the OP.

How about providing reasons.
09-02-2014, 11:40 AM
Well...I'm watching it and taking notes. Wink

Craig's first twenty minutes are A) His usual talk. Pretty much nothing new and B) NOT what the actual debate is about. Tongue

Basically Craig is reading from prepped que card etc and Hitchins is actually thinking about his replies and contexts.

Very much cheers to all.
09-02-2014, 11:58 AM
I believe the debate was "Is Atheism true"

Now, lets all talk about how STUPID that topic is. Atheism is not a claim, it is an "I don't know so therefore I don't believe due to lack of evidence". WHAT ELSE ARE WE TRYING TO PROVE?!?

“Take the risk of thinking for yourself, much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way.

-Christopher Hitchens
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user