Hitchens sucks

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 1 Average
10-02-2014, 04:13 AM
RE: Hitchens sucks
It's easy to fill your speech up with points that feel intuitively right but don't hold up to later scrutiny. It's hard to put forward a message involving knowledge that the audience is unlikely to have. It not only requires putting forward your evidence and conclusion, but also given the audience the means to understand that evidence. If they do not want to accept the conclusion then they will not want to understand it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-02-2014, 07:56 AM
This thread has given me a craving for watch some hitchslapping.

Hitchslap Playlist
Ahh. I don't know know how you can watch that and not see the brilliance that man held.

Crap. Now I find myself wanting more Hitch. Weeping

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 3 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post
10-02-2014, 09:34 AM
(10-02-2014 07:56 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  This thread has given me a craving for watch some hitchslapping.

Hitchslap Playlist

that was great, tell rationally minded people what the church gets up to and BAM!!
[Image: hs.png]

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 1 user Likes sporehux's post
10-02-2014, 09:54 AM (This post was last modified: 10-02-2014 10:22 AM by Bucky Ball.)
Dr. William L Craig is a Presuppositionalist 3rd rate academic, totally in it for the money.
He charges a FORTUNE for faith based bodies to link to his "conferences". He's on record as saying IN PUBLIC the following (see below) ... so no matter WHAT he argues, or no matter what happens in a debate, it's all irrelevant to him. In the debate with Dr. Bart Ehrman, he purposely attempted to deceive the audience with his 'Beyesian" *slight of hand*. He and his third rate academic friends, who couldn't get a job in a REAL school if they tried, (ie Feser and Madrid) are an embarrassment to the human mind.
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ight=Craig (see post #89 )

[Image: phildebates-500x618.gif?w=500&h=618]

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
10-02-2014, 10:23 AM
(10-02-2014 09:34 AM)sporehux Wrote:  
(10-02-2014 07:56 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  This thread has given me a craving for watch some hitchslapping.

Hitchslap Playlist

that was great, tell rationally minded people what the church gets up to and BAM!!

This is my absolute favorite Hitchens debate. He and Fry absolutely destroy them. For those of you who say that these debates don't change minds, watch this video. Or at least, watch the part at the end where they reveal the pre-debate views and the post-debate views. The results are astounding. This also kind of debunks the OP claim that Hitchens sucks as a debater.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 2 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post
10-02-2014, 10:24 AM
(10-02-2014 10:23 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(10-02-2014 09:34 AM)sporehux Wrote:  that was great, tell rationally minded people what the church gets up to and BAM!!

This is my absolute favorite Hitchens debate. He and Fry absolutely destroy them. For those of you who say that these debates don't change minds, watch this video. Or at least, watch the part at the end where they reveal the pre-debate views and the post-debate views. The results are astounding. This also kind of debunks the OP claim that Hitchens sucks as a debater.

Mine too Thumbsup

A man blames his bad childhood on leprechauns. He claims they don't exist, but yet still says without a doubt that they stole all his money and then killed his parents. That's why he became Leprechaun-Man

Im_Ryan forum member
[+] 1 user Likes Monster_Riffs's post
10-02-2014, 10:37 AM (This post was last modified: 10-02-2014 10:40 AM by Bucky Ball.)
Bishop What's His Name is a liar.
http://rsif.royalsocietypublishing.org/c....0826.full
He seems to be under the impression that "proof by assertion" is valid.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
10-02-2014, 12:24 PM
(10-02-2014 10:23 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  ...
Or at least, watch the part at the end where they reveal the pre-debate views and the post-debate views.

That was odd Dodgy

Did you look at the post two above yours?

10-02-2014, 12:30 PM
(10-02-2014 10:37 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Bishop What's His Name is a liar.

Not to mention his bewilderingly self-foot-shooting by saying that his father followed the 10 Commandments 'cause they are ... like... y'know... obviously humanistic (some of 'em).

But he went there to dodge the previous question about abuses.

Meanwhile, much as I am an admirer of the Hitchslap, I don't think the Fryslap should be underestimated in this debate.

Hitchslaps are somewhat expected but such heartfelt passion from Mr Fry was a little more awakening for the audience, I reckon.

10-02-2014, 12:32 PM
(10-02-2014 12:30 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(10-02-2014 10:37 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Bishop What's His Name is a liar.

Not to mention his bewilderingly self-foot-shooting by saying that his father followed the 10 Commandments 'cause they are ... like... y'know... obviously humanistic (some of 'em).

But he went there to dodge the previous question about abuses.

Meanwhile, much as I am an admirer of the Hitchslap, I don't think the Fryslap should be underestimated in this debate.

Hitchslaps are somewhat expected but such heartfelt passion from Mr Fry was a little more awakening for the audience, I reckon.

They had a great 1-2 punch with Hitch playing bad cop and Fry playing Good Cop.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post