Hitchens sucks

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 1 Average
11-02-2014, 02:12 PM
RE: Hitchens sucks
(11-02-2014 02:10 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  The devout atheist has prepared his response for everything. How to address the question, commit to nothing, and claim objectivity in one go.

It's so contrived, yet so appealing to the simple minded. Pop philosophy.

Do you ever wonder what it would be like if you had enough oxygen at birth?

Atir aissom atir imon
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like Im_Ryan's post
11-02-2014, 02:16 PM
(11-02-2014 02:12 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(11-02-2014 02:10 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  The devout atheist has prepared his response for everything. How to address the question, commit to nothing, and claim objectivity in one go.

Do you ever wonder what it would be like if you had enough oxygen at birth?

LOL, good one Thumbsup he musta been a breach baby, his asshole got all the oxygen, and he's still talking out of it.. Wink

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
[+] 6 users Like War Horse's post
11-02-2014, 02:20 PM
I have not watched this particular debate, but I have watched many debates with WLC. He may 'win' debates because of his rhetorical skills, but not because of his facts or logic.

WLC has been arguing the same, long ago refuted, version of the Cosmological argument for decades. He has nothing new to support his claims, because there is no new evidence for the existence of god.

Somehow I doubt Hitch got 'owned' by this disingenuous, dishonest hack.
[+] 1 user Likes Simon Moon's post
11-02-2014, 02:23 PM
(11-02-2014 02:20 PM)Simon Moon Wrote:  I have not watched this particular debate, but I have watched many debates with WLC. He may 'win' debates because of his rhetorical skills, but not because of his facts or logic.

WLC has been arguing the same, long ago refuted, version of the Cosmological argument for decades. He has nothing new to support his claims, because there is no new evidence for the existence of god.

Somehow I doubt Hitch got 'owned' by this disingenuous, dishonest hack.

My point is that WLC would not "win" if the opponent rhetorical skills were just as good or better.
11-02-2014, 02:26 PM
Thing is that language skills and confidence can give you ability to argue for hot ice and cold fire.
WLC can probly convince his mother that she is his daughter under the right circumstances.
I can see bullshit in his arguments but he sure knows how to twist the words^^
11-02-2014, 02:31 PM

...from a guy who thinks it's reasonable to believe in invisible magic people.

Softly, softly, catchee monkey.
[+] 1 user Likes toadaly's post
11-02-2014, 02:31 PM
Sam Harris for instance knows how to hit the right targets. He is also calm all the time.
I never seen him fail in a debate.

In Notre Dame for instance he simply presents his case to show how absurd christian morality is and he succeeded.
Hitchens on the other hand lost ground on several occasions. For instance when he said supernatural arguments have an advantage because they are not falsifiable.

Thing is being right is not enough being able to express the ideas is just as important if not more.
[+] 1 user Likes donotwant's post
11-02-2014, 05:32 PM
(09-02-2014 10:48 AM)donotwant Wrote:  I watched debate of Craig vs Hitchens and hitchens got owned because of lack of ability to form arguments which sound good and logical attacks. Dawkins suffers from same thing. Atheists should train their rhetoric skills. Because until they do people like Craig will win simply because they know how to talk properly.
Also more confidence would be good thing to have.

there are plenty of occasions where Mr Hitchens laid the smack down, expand your you tube surfing a bit.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
11-02-2014, 05:33 PM
(11-02-2014 05:32 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(09-02-2014 10:48 AM)donotwant Wrote:  I watched debate of Craig vs Hitchens and hitchens got owned because of lack of ability to form arguments which sound good and logical attacks. Dawkins suffers from same thing. Atheists should train their rhetoric skills. Because until they do people like Craig will win simply because they know how to talk properly.
Also more confidence would be good thing to have.

there are plenty of occasions where Mr Hitchens laid the smack down, expand your you tube surfing a bit.

I can smack down those noobs to.
11-02-2014, 05:46 PM
(11-02-2014 02:16 PM)War Horse Wrote:  
(11-02-2014 02:12 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Do you ever wonder what it would be like if you had enough oxygen at birth?

LOL, good one Thumbsup he musta been a breach baby, his asshole got all the oxygen, and he's still talking out of it.. Wink

Oh I have plenty more. I just try not to use them. Though, I'm starting to not care (obviously)

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 1 user Likes Im_Ryan's post