Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-05-2012, 08:00 AM (This post was last modified: 08-05-2012 08:04 AM by Filox.)
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
OK, I know a lot you people love these books, some even love the movie (not bad), but have you seen the old BBC tv show? It was far better than the movie and it covers much more books, so here ya go, the best show an atheist may want to see.

This is the first episode, search the rest on your own. I think there are 6 episodes all together.

Enjoy.

Sleepy

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
08-05-2012, 09:32 AM
RE: Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
None of the later incarnations came out as well as the books, but this series certainly has its moments.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
09-05-2012, 12:57 AM
The series is the next best thing to a book, since we only have this, the movie and a radio drama, and I prefer to "see" things than to only hear them. It is also a British production, not American, so it is much better than Hollywood would have made it, and it is from 1981, so they did not destroy it for the new facebook generation, as modern movies are being destroyed today...

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
09-05-2012, 03:14 AM
I remember the Radio version best. So original!
I have probably remembered this completely wrongly but the scene at the Restaurant at the End of the Universe when Marvin calls from the carpark (or space ship port) to complain that he been waiting like a billion years...
Arthur: "who was that?"
Zaphod: "Marvin"
A: "what did he want?"
Z: "not sure. I think he just wanted to wash his head at us"
For some reason it made me cry with laughter. So much pathos!

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post