Maybe
I do not know
Only when needed politically
Other - Feel free to explain
[Show Results]

Hitler ... for the last time.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-01-2012, 09:18 AM (This post was last modified: 28-01-2012 09:29 AM by TalladegaTom.)
Hitler ... for the last time.
Sooner or later the "Hitler was an Atheist" meme shows up when discussing religion with a theist.
Sometimes when cornered on something else, they will throw the Hitler thing in every now and then.
Show them this newly released photo.
Checkmate.

It's all in your head, because there is no other place it could be.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-01-2012, 09:45 AM
RE: Hitler ... for the last time.
I don't get it. What's being proved?

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
Find all posts by this user
28-01-2012, 09:48 AM
he said he was christian in his book, his soldiers had belt buckles that said "god with us"
and he basically waged an ideological and holy war against jews and commies
whether christianity was his motivation or validation or both, i dunno, but i do know that he also employed leader worship
propaganda techniques and he was viewed as the infallible leader.

"Yeah, good idea. Make them buy your invisible apple. Insist that they do. Market it properly and don't stop until they pay for it." -Malleus
28-01-2012, 09:51 AM
Yeah there's not much special about the picture. Most people are aware of the fucked up connection between the nazis and the catholic church.

The only thing I ever say is that it doesn't matter wether or not hitler believed in god. The vast majority of the people who did all the killing certainly did.
And it's very easy to prove that he used religion as a motivator. Just listen to his speeches.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
28-01-2012, 10:43 AM
I think there should be a "Probably" or "Almost Certainly" option on the poll. He made several recorded statements that affirmed religious beliefs (specifically Roman Catholicism) but of course we can't know whether or not he was telling the truth.

And as lucradis is saying, it doesn't matter. Just like a lie is still a lie if everyone believes it and the truth is still the truth if nobody believes it, a lie is still a lie even if good people believe it and the truth is still the truth even if bad people believe it.
28-01-2012, 10:58 AM
Without a doubt he was a fanatical Christian!! I don't see much difference between Hitler and some of the so called Christian leaders. They started the people to hate. Now the people they are after are Muslims. I keep waiting for the night of the broken glass. Signs of Muslims do not shop here. It's only a matter of time. Christians keep crying that they are the ones who are being persecuted by our government. The reality is their the ones pushing for wars and destabilization in the East. Their blind fallowing of Israel and the occupying of Palestine has caused more trouble since 1948 yet our Government still backs them. That is because of the Christian view of the end of the world. The whole idea of Israel being God given is stupid. It has no merit and under that same idea all Americans should give all lands back to Native peoples, Of course that will never happen. So Yes Hitler was a radical Christian and forced Prayer in school, made all other religions illegal,and started the mass execution of millions. My concern is when will it start here.
[+] 3 users Like N.E.OhioAtheist's post
28-01-2012, 12:04 PM
I do think there is ample evidence that Hitler believed in god. However, when someone pulls out the old, "Hitler was an atheist" argument, I don't bother arguing about whether he was or not. I don't think it's relevant.

What matters is that he was a nasty dude. Possibly the nastiest. If he was driven by religous motivators, or by "atheistic" ones just doesn't matter. If we start claiming things like he was bad because of his beliefs then we are going down a road to fantasy. There are bad christians, bad atheists, bad muslims, bla bla bla. The important part of the discussion is not, "what did he believe?", but rather, "did his beliefs make him the evil person that he was?" My answer is, "no." I know too many good christians to lead me to believe that christianity=a bad person. Same goes for pretty much all belief systems.

So next time you hear, "Hitler was an atheist", let the person making the claim know that it doesn't matter.

Ambulatory habitation detritus.
[+] 3 users Like Stark Raving's post
28-01-2012, 12:49 PM
The NAZI government was fully supported by the Catholic Church at the very top level.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reichskonkordat

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
[+] 1 user Likes Thomas's post
28-01-2012, 01:00 PM
(28-01-2012 12:49 PM)Thomas Wrote:  The NAZI government was fully supported by the Catholic Church at the very top level.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reichskonkordat
I guess that set the story strait.
28-01-2012, 01:05 PM
Hey... A colour picture of Hitler...

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
[+] 1 user Likes Observer's post