Only when needed politically
Other - Feel free to explain
[Show Results]

Hitler ... for the last time.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-01-2012, 03:41 AM
RE: Hitler ... for the last time.
(28-01-2012 11:54 PM)Ghost Wrote:  The bottom line is, yes. Of course secular organisations can commit atrocities. Anyone who says otherwise is selling something.

But if we ever convince ourselves that some groups are exempt from the atrocity game, we're just asking for it.

I agree -secular organizations (governments come to mind) can commit atrocities - they do it all the time. However, it is easier to get people to commit those atrocities if their faith is hijacked to become part of the agenda.

Anyone, Theist or non-Theist, is capable of committing atrocities against another.
Often, one person will do something within a group, that he wouldn't normally do on his own.
It is easy to exploit particular attributes of a group especially if those attributes can be used for progress, or are introduced as detrimental to the progress of the group.

Goebbels was the mastermind behind the propaganda of the third reich. He knew exactly how much of Hitler's psychotic rhetoric to mix with religious fervor to get people to swallow anything put in front of them. Frankly, evil genius fuck that he was, he knew the power of exploitation.

I know way too much about this shit. Confused

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-01-2012, 12:11 AM
Personally I believe Hitler was an atheist.
I believe this because I remember reading that Hitler was a fan of Nietzsche. This works really well as if one were to read Nietzsche (Apparently) there is a point where he talks of a utopia and it almost seems he is describing a master race and an Aryan one at that. Although he was talking about a lion. Also although he was not an anti-Semitic and neither was his writhing, his sister was. After he died his sister tampered with his work so that it would reflect anti-Semitism.
I have also read that he disdained religion as anything more than a tool. And that as soon as he won the war he would have done away with faith in an otherworldly deity and replaced it with a faith in the state. Although I think this is more of a theory.
Also Hitler's holocaust was not only aimed at religious Jews but cultural Jews and gypsies and communists. According to Winston Churchill Hitler justified the incarceration of the Jews because he believed that a nation is a fighting animal and that it can only be effective if all its parts are working together. Since Jews have no country they are naturally pacifists.

Also because I dislike My church being Badmouthed. there was a concordat that was signed 1933 between the church and Hitler. this is true and I will not deny that the church supported Hitler in 1933. however people tend to forget that in 1937 the pope released the encyclical mit brennender Sorge condemning the breaching of the concordat and the racism of the Nazi philosophy.

Also In defence of the church "Hitler was a simple person who truly loved his fellow man". This was said by William Lyon Mackenzie King Canada's longest serving prime minister (22 years). so the church was not the only one fooled. of course king also held seances and asked his dead dogs and dead mother for political advice.

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

Up to the heretic, smack, smack, smack!
Down to the jail went Good St. Nick!

When people say WWJD just remember that flipping tables and whipping people is still a valid option.
30-01-2012, 02:20 AM
(30-01-2012 12:11 AM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  so the church was not the only one fooled. of course king also held seances and asked his dead dogs and dead mother for political advice.

... So... it's understandable that the church was fooled because... they have the same mental capacity as a man who asked his dead dogs and mother for advice?

Angel

You said it amigo Wink I believe it. That settles it Big Grin
30-01-2012, 04:37 AM
I clicked the wrong thing on the poll. not there's two votes for "no"........I DEMAND A REDO!!!

Honestly though. Hitler said it himself. He believed in god therefore he is not an atheist. Case closed. Goodnight.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
30-01-2012, 12:18 PM

I have a Non-Denominational Apologist buddy that brings Hitler up every now and then.

His 'proof' is that during the post war trials, all of Hitlers henchmen said he wasn't a Christian, or religious or whatever.

As if THATS the ultimate slam dunk to stop the debate.

Guess it does not occur to him the essence of CYA in a life or death trial, hu?

Hitlers own words and public speeches attest to his belief in god.

Now, was he a shitty Christian? You bet! He was a shitty human! And a TERRIBLE painter too!

D
Quote this message in a reply