Hitler not so bad?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-11-2016, 01:08 PM
RE: Hitler not so bad?
(13-11-2016 12:47 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(13-11-2016 12:34 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Well, I'm biased, but I tend to go with Louisiana brands, so if I'm getting to choose the mustard I'll go with Zatarain's spicy mustard:

[Image: y8w9_ZatarainsCreoleMustard16oz.jpg]

Some people put Russian dressing on their pastrami sandwiches, but I think that's disgusting.

I like ketchup on my hotdogs, and mayo on almost every type of sandwich there is, with two exceptions... this is one, and the other is the muffaletta, which is a what happened when Italians immigrated to New Orleans, and is in my opinion the single best sandwich on earth if made correctly.

[Image: 2067055_orig.jpg]

Edit: For the Kosher-minded individuals, it is not required that the sandwich be made with cheese... but I wouldn't recommend skipping the cheese! Big Grin

Cheese on a meat sandwich is just sacrilege. It's as bad as eating pastrami on white bread and slathered with mayonnaise.

Fun fact, I very rarely meet Jews who can stand even a little mayonnaise. To my amusement, Tartarus is no exception to the rule. Smile I can take a little here and there, especially in tuna salad or something, but I've met lots of Jews who can't tolerate the stuff even as an ingredient inside of a dish. Mayo is really not a Jewish ingredient.

BTW, this is my personal go-to mustard, but really any spicy brown mustard will do.

[Image: 255px-Gulden%27s_mustard.JPG]

I love Gulden's and yeah it's my go to mustard too. I use Grey Poupon more for sauces.

I'm totally anti-cheese on a sandwich person. Conversely, my man believes strongly it's simply not a proper sandwich without cheese.

mayo with turkey...yum but nothing else that comes to mind -- except chicken salad. The Italian part of family did mayo with salami.

Meh.

The muffuletta, I'm not sure I'd like it, the man has made them more than once for parties. I don't like different meats mixed. If I want mortadella, I'll have that, if I want salami I'll have salami, but never together. I'm weird. I get it.

Hubby's been to New Orleans three or four times, he wants to move there just for the food.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
13-11-2016, 01:15 PM
(13-11-2016 12:47 PM)Aliza Wrote:  ']

Cheese on a meat sandwich is just sacrilege.

[Image: 49318124.jpg]

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 6 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
13-11-2016, 01:26 PM
As far as I know, deli sandwiches like the Ruben and a classic pastrami on rye are all Jewish contributions to American cuisine. Of course, the deli sandwich has become such a staple of the American diet that other cultures adopted it and put their own spin on it, but nothing quite beats the classic.

[Image: pastrami-rye.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
13-11-2016, 01:33 PM
(13-11-2016 01:06 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(13-11-2016 11:00 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Aliza, all joking aside... I have to give you props/kudos for how well you handle antisemitic bullshit. I think I would react a lot more vehemently if people were always talking about Cajuns the way they talk about your people. Honestly, even though I know the history of antisemitism and its roots in Catholicism, I just can't understand why it didn't utterly die in 1945. Every time I see this stuff, I can't stop thinking, "What the fuck is WRONG with these people!?"

Well, it boils down to two things. 1) We are expecting antisemitism. Since as far back as I can remember, I’ve been told that antisemitism will exist and there’s pretty much nothing I can do about it. We’re damned if we do, and we’re damned if we don’t, so just go about your day and ignore the anti-Semites.

2) The anti-Semites who believe that we’re controlling the world are, by the nature of their very comments, saying that we’re smarter and superior to them. –Which is actually very flattering when you think about it. The anti-Semite says that we Jews are smart enough to rule the entire world clever enough to do it undercover (Why we wouldn’t want to take credit, I have no idea), and they’re saying that we’re united enough to pull this global stunt off over a period of centuries upon centuries without a trace, without any resources, and without taking anything for ourselves other than a tiny sliver of land without a drop of oil in the middle east. Most importantly, the anti-Semite is saying that they’re unable to stop us which is why they resort to whining about us on internet forums.

3) I know I said there would be two things, but we Jews always go back on our word, amiright? Our heritage tells us that until the messianic era, there will always be anti-Semites. –And there will always be Jews. They can’t stop us. They can’t destroy us, G-d knows they’ve tried. They’re stuck with us whether they like it or not, and if they were to live without us, they’d realize very quickly how integral we are to the inner workings of their society. We’re the people who cure their cancer. We’re the people who fix their teeth (that last one was wrong. Cletus never gets his teeth fixed because he doesn’t have dental insurance). We’re the ones who prosecute the people who wrong them, and we’re the ones who get them out of federal tax evasion charges. We’re the ones who educate their children in the basic fundamentals of English, math, science and history, and we’re the ones at the forefront of many major scientific and technological breakthroughs that enable those hillbilly losers to enjoy the wonderful technology which in turn enables them to post idiotic things on forums such as this one. (Hey! I guess we are running the world after all!)

We're educated, intelligent, kind and tolerate, and the anti-Semities know it. Every time some stupid comment makes its way onto the air waves or internet, they're admitting their own inferiority to us. They're scared of our success and no matter how hard they try, they just can't keep up with us. In the words of their great, new leader (who by the way, has a Jewish daughter), "sad".

Laugh out load OP's got to have steam coming out of his ears after this. Bowing
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
13-11-2016, 01:34 PM
(13-11-2016 01:33 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(13-11-2016 01:06 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Well, it boils down to two things. 1) We are expecting antisemitism. Since as far back as I can remember, I’ve been told that antisemitism will exist and there’s pretty much nothing I can do about it. We’re damned if we do, and we’re damned if we don’t, so just go about your day and ignore the anti-Semites.

2) The anti-Semites who believe that we’re controlling the world are, by the nature of their very comments, saying that we’re smarter and superior to them. –Which is actually very flattering when you think about it. The anti-Semite says that we Jews are smart enough to rule the entire world clever enough to do it undercover (Why we wouldn’t want to take credit, I have no idea), and they’re saying that we’re united enough to pull this global stunt off over a period of centuries upon centuries without a trace, without any resources, and without taking anything for ourselves other than a tiny sliver of land without a drop of oil in the middle east. Most importantly, the anti-Semite is saying that they’re unable to stop us which is why they resort to whining about us on internet forums.

3) I know I said there would be two things, but we Jews always go back on our word, amiright? Our heritage tells us that until the messianic era, there will always be anti-Semites. –And there will always be Jews. They can’t stop us. They can’t destroy us, G-d knows they’ve tried. They’re stuck with us whether they like it or not, and if they were to live without us, they’d realize very quickly how integral we are to the inner workings of their society. We’re the people who cure their cancer. We’re the people who fix their teeth (that last one was wrong. Cletus never gets his teeth fixed because he doesn’t have dental insurance). We’re the ones who prosecute the people who wrong them, and we’re the ones who get them out of federal tax evasion charges. We’re the ones who educate their children in the basic fundamentals of English, math, science and history, and we’re the ones at the forefront of many major scientific and technological breakthroughs that enable those hillbilly losers to enjoy the wonderful technology which in turn enables them to post idiotic things on forums such as this one. (Hey! I guess we are running the world after all!)

We're educated, intelligent, kind and tolerate, and the anti-Semities know it. Every time some stupid comment makes its way onto the air waves or internet, they're admitting their own inferiority to us. They're scared of our success and no matter how hard they try, they just can't keep up with us. In the words of their great, new leader (who by the way, has a Jewish daughter), "sad".

Laugh out load OP's got to have steam coming out of his ears after this. Bowing

Sad. Sad
13-11-2016, 01:39 PM
Pablo, I'm going to make you regret opening this post up to a discussion about Jewish cuisine. Big Grin

For those of you who didn't realize, bagles come from Jewish culture. You're all welcome.

[Image: bagel_and_lox1.jpg]

Bagles and lox are some serious comfort food for me. Drooling
[+] 6 users Like Aliza's post
13-11-2016, 01:43 PM
(13-11-2016 01:06 PM)Aliza Wrote:  The anti-Semites who believe that we’re controlling the world are, by the nature of their very comments, saying that we’re smarter and superior to them. [...]

I never thought about it like that, before. Congratulations, you mind-controlling little Jewess ( Wink ), you just made me feel actual pity for supremacists. Damnit.

(13-11-2016 01:06 PM)Aliza Wrote:  They’re stuck with us whether they like it or not, and if they were to live without us, they’d realize very quickly how integral we are to the inner workings of their society. We’re the people who cure their cancer. We’re the people who fix their teeth (that last one was wrong. Cletus never gets his teeth fixed because he doesn’t have dental insurance). We’re the ones who prosecute the people who wrong them, and we’re the ones who get them out of federal tax evasion charges. We’re the ones who educate their children in the basic fundamentals of English, math, science and history, and we’re the ones at the forefront of many major scientific and technological breakthroughs that enable those hillbilly losers to enjoy the wonderful technology which in turn enables them to post idiotic things on forums such as this one. (Hey! I guess we are running the world after all!)

Just when I was starting to think your people could do anything, you had to mention educating their children. Clearly an Epic Fail. Tongue

What bothers me most about hearing the "they control all the money" libel is that I know the medieval origins of it, and it makes me sick to my stomach to hear this idea continued into the modern world.

Despite modern Christianity's love affair with Capitalism, it was not always that way. The Catholics used to teach that loaning money at interest was a very serious sin, called "usury". And yet, in order to have a trading economy (not just a serf/master economy), it was necessary to have some form of bankers who could lend capital. This task fell upon the Jews living among them, who of course thought the Catholics were ridiculous for this made-up sin. It gave the Catholics a double win: they could take advantage of the Jewish banking system for their own gain while deriding and scapegoating the money lenders as evil sinners, giving the church authorities a means of controlling the religious non-conformists. If they got "too big for their britches", in the eyes of the church officials, then it was time to agitate for a pogrom. And if it got really bad, and a serious haul on the leash was necessary, it was time for the Blood Libel. My dad's side of the family comes from an area near York, England, which had a lengthy history of killing the Jews whenever they could no longer control them with threat. Sad

Since only Jewish families could get involved in that banking trade for quite some time, they also got involved in other financial-related careers, like purchasing, transporting, and shaping/polishing precious jewels. It's also why you see so many money-related last names... while the good Christian familes were named after careers like (black)Smith, Cooper (means "barrel-maker"), et cetera, the Jewish family names took a simlar track: "Finegold", for instance. But of course, the Jews did not ever have any true control over anything-- the church held their leash, under lethal threat, and when Christianity eventually got over the "usury = sin" thing, they powerful Christian families quickly moved in to take everything from them-- it's why Jews were so often refugees, or killed en masse (Hitler's idea wasn't even close to original, as I've no doubt you already know all too well). But essentially, this entire libel against the Jewish people comes from the Christians needing a way to cheat on their sin-list, and essentially forcing the Jewish people to become bankers by closing other avenues to them, then attacking them for making a living-- the proceeds of which living were very often robbed from them.

So it's hard for me to hear people make the kinds of libelous assertions as this douchebag did and not get angry about it. I had not really considered the fact that it's an admission of inferiority, before, but it still doesn't stop me from remembering the history and wondering if humanity will ever truly progress.

I often joke that the reason we haven't met any advanced species from other planets is because they fly into our system, pick up our TV and radio transmissions, and very quickly turn around and leave. Undecided

But again, I'm truly impressed because I know that you know all that I know and more about your own people's history... and yet you just let this stuff slide off your back like water on duck feathers. I just couldn't do it. You have my deep respect.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
13-11-2016, 01:46 PM
I love a good bagel, so hard to find here tho....

Hold the smoked salmon tho. I'm allergic.

Capers are the best thing ever tho. Smile

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
13-11-2016, 01:47 PM
(13-11-2016 01:39 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Pablo, I'm going to make you regret opening this post up to a discussion about Jewish cuisine. Big Grin

For those of you who didn't realize, bagles come from Jewish culture. You're all welcome.

[Image: bagel_and_lox1.jpg]

Bagles and lox are some serious comfort food for me. Drooling

I don't regret getting away from the original subject, but I'm getting hungry as hell now. Drooling
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
13-11-2016, 02:14 PM
(12-11-2016 12:12 PM)monkeybuttph1 Wrote:  I often wonder wether Hitler was actually..at least a half decent Man for wanting to rid the world of Jews...would like your opinions...[Image: e4e4730d7fc3749d036279511dde88c1.png]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Consider

So... I'm wondering if this is an attempt at 'satire'?

Along the lines of something like the comment "Hepatitis isn't so bad with out the 'B'."

Consider

Or is the opening poster just being a twat?
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post