"Hitler was elected democratically"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-05-2017, 08:27 AM
I always hear people say this, but didn't the Nazis use bullying/silencing tactics? I find it very hard to believe they were just like "okay, let's play it cool, guys".

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-05-2017, 08:37 AM
RE: "Hitler was elected democratically"
(17-05-2017 08:27 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  I always hear people say this, but didn't the Nazis use bullying/silencing tactics? I find it very hard to believe they were just like "okay, let's play it cool, guys".

I might be like stupidly wrong, although my understanding was the the Nazi party came into power, with a lot of 'pro Germany' stuff, which was mainly aimed at the Jewish as they were the few people doing well despite an economical decline .

Once in power, a whole lot of wrangling/cloak and dagger stuff went on, where they basically banned/killed all other political opponents, or something to that effect, and then carried on down the road to ridiculous mental atrocities.

"I don't do magic, Morty, I do science. One takes brains, the other takes dark eye liner" - Rick
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
17-05-2017, 08:56 AM
Hitler never won a single election to public office. The claim that Hitler was elected is 100% false. Hitler was appointed Chancellor.

The NaZis certainly used thuggery during the various elections before 1933, and during the plebiscites after that date. The NaZis were for a time the largest party in the Reichstag, but even so didn't hold a majority.
[+] 6 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
17-05-2017, 09:12 AM
It's sort of like if Ford ended up murdering millions of people.
17-05-2017, 09:20 AM
(17-05-2017 08:56 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Hitler never won a single election to public office. The claim that Hitler was elected is 100% false. Hitler was appointed Chancellor.

The NaZis certainly used thuggery during the various elections before 1933, and during the plebiscites after that date. The NaZis were for a time the largest party in the Reichstag, but even so didn't hold a majority.

Wasn't it that the Nazi party, as a political party, got voted in and he took over them at a later date?

"I don't do magic, Morty, I do science. One takes brains, the other takes dark eye liner" - Rick
17-05-2017, 09:20 AM
Hitler greatest voting result was 44 or 48% if I recall correctly and this was done in coalition and with use of illegal tactics [for more check R. Evans, "The Coming of the III Reich"]. Also as Thump noted he was appointed Chancellor; he was chosen cause elites saw him as popular idiot easy to manipulate. Hardly a democratic mandate even if his support was far from low.

Nazi victory seems more like a result of luck than anything else. If Hindenburg didn't buckled Nazis might have been remembered like a party that had quite high support in '30, nothing more as Hitler wasn't willing to take less than chancellorship.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 5 users Like Szuchow's post
17-05-2017, 09:23 AM
Conversations about Hitler are so last year. Dodgy

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
17-05-2017, 09:24 AM
(17-05-2017 09:23 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Conversations about Hitler are so last year. Dodgy
If you say that in a german accent it's very funny Laugh out load

[+] 2 users Like OakTree500's post
17-05-2017, 09:28 AM
(17-05-2017 09:20 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  
(17-05-2017 08:56 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Hitler never won a single election to public office. The claim that Hitler was elected is 100% false. Hitler was appointed Chancellor.

Wasn't it that the Nazi party, as a political party, got voted in and he took over them at a later date?

Yes I believe the nazi party had some sort of (small) majority (46% or something), they began pushing other parties out. Hitler was appointed chancellor. Then he made other parties illegal.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
17-05-2017, 09:31 AM
I did take History in my high school exams...although I've not had to use any of this knowledge for nearly 13 years lol, so I'm a bit rusty on these things Big Grin