Hitler wasn't a Christian?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-04-2013, 06:33 PM
RE: Hitler wasn't a Christian?
(23-04-2013 06:29 PM)Red Tornado Wrote:  
(23-04-2013 06:26 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  Who cares what Hitler was. He was a bad man. Bad people are all over the map with belief or non-belief. So are good people.

The thing is, the context was I was replying to someone who insisted he was an atheist because of the deeds he did. [Suggesting no Christian could do harm and that only atheists could do such deeds]

I would reply with all the heinous acts of Christian people. (priest raping, that minister who killed his fiancés daughter recently, the many wars of the bible, etc, etc.). Then ask, what's your point? Even IF Hitler was an atheist, there is still no point. Correlation is not causation, and all that. Smile

ETA the issue isn't proving Hitler as atheist or believing, it's in pointing out that his crime and his belief are not of relation.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-04-2013, 06:36 PM
(23-04-2013 06:28 PM)Heathen Wrote:  
(23-04-2013 06:25 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  It only makes sense to learn as much as you can about a source of national shame.

Get comfortable, this is gonna be a long thread. Drinking Beverage

I am sitting on my bed, with my legs crossed, with a thermos of cool water.

I'm set to not move for the rest of the day. Drinking Beverage

Lets do this.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
23-04-2013, 06:56 PM
Everybody involved in the Crusades and the Inquisition... Atheists, the whole lot of em! Tongue
23-04-2013, 07:29 PM
(23-04-2013 06:29 PM)Red Tornado Wrote:  
(23-04-2013 06:26 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  Who cares what Hitler was. He was a bad man. Bad people are all over the map with belief or non-belief. So are good people.

The thing is, the context was I was replying to someone who insisted he was an atheist because of the deeds he did. [Suggesting no Christian could do harm and that only atheists could do such deeds]
Tha's a nae true Scotsman fallacy laddie!

Hitler was raised Catholic, and never was excommunicated from the church. Possibly because he didn't perform abortions and embraced anti-semitism, a practice of the Church at the time.

Humanists of West Florida
GC CoR
P'cola Skeptic in thePub
GC Freethinker
23-04-2013, 11:42 PM
Of course he wasn't excommunicated, the Catholic church did NOTHING during ww2 and more specifically the events of the holocaust.
They knew but they chose to shut up and do nothing. One of many disgraceful acts in the Catholic Church's history, all in the name of "god"...

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
24-04-2013, 08:03 AM
(23-04-2013 04:48 PM)Red Tornado Wrote:  On dA...

There's your whole problem right there.

(23-04-2013 06:25 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(23-04-2013 06:21 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Why? Is Vosur a Nazi?

I do not know of his political ideals, nor am I really concerned, but he is a German.

It only makes sense to learn as much as you can about a source of national shame.

Like I should know about George W.? You stereotyping stereotyper. Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-04-2013, 08:23 AM
I've never been accosted by this particular argument before, but if I ever were to be, I'd like to have pictures of proof to hand out. Anything even remotely smacking of catholicism would be perfect. Why do I want "pictures" of proof? I assume the people making the 'Hilter was an Atheist' argument can't read more than a sentence or 2 before their heads hurt. That, and with their 2000 year long experience with the bible (a book full of shit), why trust fancy words anyway Undecided ?!? We need some pics!

24-04-2013, 08:34 AM
Besides great memes, google image search has plenty of other goodies.

[Image: 97350.jpg]

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 2 users Like cheapthrillseaker's post
24-04-2013, 09:00 AM
(24-04-2013 08:34 AM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  Besides great memes, google image search has plenty of other goodies.

[Image: 97350.jpg]

Holy SHIT Laughat
U ain't joken!!!
Google "Hitler Catholic church" Now if we could only find some photo ops with AH & some protestant ministers, or Klan members all dressed up in sheets, I'd have something to throw in the face of Atheist-Hitler lovers in my birth state! The cardinals with their "hail Hitler" salutes make me want to laugh & weep at the same time!!

24-04-2013, 03:29 PM
(23-04-2013 06:36 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(23-04-2013 06:28 PM)Heathen Wrote:  Get comfortable, this is gonna be a long thread. Drinking Beverage

I am sitting on my bed, with my legs crossed, with a thermos of cool water.

I'm set to not move for the rest of the day. Drinking Beverage

Lets do this.

The Indian Act 1874 and all that flowed from it including Residential Schools, the Sexual Sterilization Acts, Project Paperclip.

“Hidden from History: The Canadian Holocaust” http://canadiangenocide.nativeweb.org/genocide.pdf

Next?

"Which is more likely: that the whole natural order is suspended, or that a jewish minx should tell a lie?"- David Hume