Hiya :)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-02-2011, 11:33 PM
Hiya :)
I am born from a Christian family, as most of you, I believe. but since a long time, I'm not devout because I think doing all that sunday thing, reading the bible etc is a waste of time. and after that I started thinking that all of this is weird and doesnt make sense, plus all the sh*t happening in the world and religion is doing the most harm, people using religion as an excuse to kill others, justification to make other ppl live a misery, something is definitely wrong here.

as you might know I'm from Indonesia, boy, is that place horrible, especially since its the biggest muslim population.

My first beef with religion is that this thing going with Christian vs Islam, in Indonesia where Muslim is the majority, its terrible that they make Christian life harder and so many other trouble/obstacles they give us.

but after a while, and I'm lucky to be able to go abroad, I'm in singapore now that I opened a new perspective about whats going on in the world, and finding Richard Dawkins and this website.

and thank god(? any word to replace? lol) there's no creationists in indonesia or singapore, listening to what they believe in is a major facepalm to me.

/rant

sorry if its too long, but I just feel I need to vent.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-02-2011, 11:35 PM
RE: Hiya :)
Welcome

Something something something Dark Side
Something something something complete
20-02-2011, 12:15 AM
Just do like me and replace it with any word it's the same credibility, I use cat. In fact I have a complete mock religion about cat, which basically copies all the other religions, (what good is a religion if it isn't pretty much exactly like all the rest?) though it's principle figure is based in the real world. Making it a more plausible religion (just joking).

Have fun on the forum and remember
do not pray to cat
cat pays no heed to your desires
accept cat's capricious nature and realize that if something good happens to you
cat wants actual doting

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
20-02-2011, 12:17 AM
(19-02-2011 11:33 PM)Zetsuei Wrote:  and thank god(? any word to replace? lol) .

You could try "thank my lucky stars". It is not religious, even though it is superstitious.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
20-02-2011, 12:46 AM
haha.. thx for the input Tongue

so anyway, how do I reply if someone said to me that I'm ungrateful for this life and the world that "god" gave me ?
20-02-2011, 01:09 AM
(20-02-2011 12:46 AM)Zetsuei Wrote:  so anyway, how do I reply if someone said to me that I'm ungrateful for this life and the world that "god" gave me ?

"I am very greatful for my life and this world that we live in".

If pressed more you can add, "When I see proof that god gave it to me, I will be greatful to god".

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
20-02-2011, 02:54 AM
I'm happy to be born into this world that for better or worse has accepted me.

Of course generally I'd be a smart ass and answer their question bluntly =p God gave it to me so I'm not sure how I'm doing anything wrong since it's mine. It's more fun to just plain make their statement sound faulty. And, you know, after you make the statement, laugh it off and when they join you say, "isn't it good that was just a joke?"

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
20-02-2011, 05:32 AM
nice, good one. thanks for the input Big Grin
20-02-2011, 01:47 PM

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I think of all faiths, Christianity insults "god" the most. God killed himself in order to save his faulty created human creation from himself! Omni-Impotence!

Then again, the new atheism is wholly different than the original. In the old days the Pagan's use to consider the Christians (The people of the book) and the Muslims atheists.

Gotta love new age authors and even a new thought process regarding A!

It's the way of the world. People are weird and things are bass ackwards. Believe in yourself! Save yourself from unintelligent myths. This life is the only one you have and you will never be here again. Love wholly, laugh heartily, smile brightly, cry deeply, mourn till it passes, do not regret because regret does nothing to change the unalterable past, save to bring the mistakes forward to the present and make you feel less than. Look in the mirror every single day and know that you are creator of your moment. Love you! Otherwise, how will you ever believe anyone else can find cause to?

((HUGS)) Welcome! Smile
Quote this message in a reply
20-02-2011, 05:01 PM
Welcome to TTAF!

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner