Hm.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-04-2013, 12:17 PM
RE: Hm.
Interesting how boredom is the trigger, I always thought that if hell were real it would be boring, feeling death is being bored for me. No wonder why cutting makes you feel alive, it's painful and anything would be exciting next to such depression...

Have you tried tickles or hugs? human touch is great for creating feelings, also smelling things, like grandma food or stuff like that Big Grin

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-04-2013, 12:27 PM
Boredom is definitely a trigger for cutters.

Best advice I can give is to search within and find motivation to do other things. A preventative tool for yourself.

Out of curiosity, does your body temperature go down when you feel this way? Or up?

Boredom can happen if there is disassociation. I'm not saying you are, but if you do feel a disconnect the feeling of being dead could be due to disassociation. I would suggest first getting to know the signs. For some people it can be as easy as noting their body temperature. Best way to start preventative measures is to either take a hot shower if you're cold or a cold shower if you're too warm. It wakes up the body either way and can help you regain focus and be in the present to then take on a project or activity. that is not cutting or doing any damage to your body.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
25-04-2013, 01:01 PM
(25-04-2013 11:52 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(25-04-2013 11:50 AM)legendoflink Wrote:  It's real, KC.

I'm assuming you've already sought help for this, right?

I don't understand the psychology behind cutting. Would you be able to explain to me why you do it? How does it make you feel?

Cutting is a dissociative defense mechanism. The person feels that if they inflict the violence on themselves, then their abuser won't have to (or won't bother to)... and they will have more control over how much violence is inflicted upon them.

And of course, because it involves splitting and dissociation, the cutter cannot answer your questions with any real degree of acuity. But the answers they give are, to their own conscious knowledge, honest.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-04-2013, 01:05 PM
(25-04-2013 01:01 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  
(25-04-2013 11:52 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I'm assuming you've already sought help for this, right?

I don't understand the psychology behind cutting. Would you be able to explain to me why you do it? How does it make you feel?

Cutting is a dissociative defense mechanism. The person feels that if they inflict the violence on themselves, then their abuser won't have to (or won't bother to)... and they will have more control over how much violence is inflicted upon them.

And of course, because it involves splitting and dissociation, the cutter cannot answer your questions with any real degree of acuity. But the answers they give are, to their own conscious knowledge, honest.

Yeah, that's true. Doesn't stop the findings from being published, though.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
25-04-2013, 01:05 PM
(25-04-2013 11:57 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Also, are you at least disinfecting the blade? Putting Neosporin and bandages on the cuts to prevent infection?
Hahahaha.

I'll show myself the way to the door. Drinking Beverage

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
25-04-2013, 01:31 PM
(25-04-2013 01:05 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(25-04-2013 11:57 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Also, are you at least disinfecting the blade? Putting Neosporin and bandages on the cuts to prevent infection?
Hahahaha.

I'll show myself the way to the door. Drinking Beverage

I'm being serious when I say this...

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
25-04-2013, 02:43 PM
Sorry Legend Sad

Hug
25-04-2013, 06:02 PM
(25-04-2013 01:05 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  
(25-04-2013 01:01 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  Cutting is a dissociative defense mechanism. The person feels that if they inflict the violence on themselves, then their abuser won't have to (or won't bother to)... and they will have more control over how much violence is inflicted upon them.

Yeah, that's true. Doesn't stop the findings from being published, though.

Can you explain what you mean by that?

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
29-04-2013, 12:01 PM
My parents found out about my cutting and are committing me to a hospital, this weekend.

"You don't disappoint me.... I think your much braver than you may believe."
bemore

29-04-2013, 12:03 PM
(29-04-2013 12:01 PM)legendoflink Wrote:  My parents found out about my cutting and are committing me to a hospital, this weekend.

that must suck, but it could help. Try to make the best of it

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post