Hm.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-04-2013, 12:16 PM
RE: Hm.
(29-04-2013 12:01 PM)legendoflink Wrote:  My parents found out about my cutting and are committing me to a hospital, this weekend.

I'm relieved to be honest - even though it doesn't seem like you're super keen, at least it's a different approach and you and they are trying to find a solution to your problems. I hope you'll get something positive from this and the hospital will be helpful Smile

Just to check, you're not feeling suicidal still ? I think you said you were at one stage...

Stay well Legend Smile Love - Dog.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-04-2013, 12:37 PM
Honestly, them isolating me isn't going to make me feel any better. I do not want to go and I will resist any medicine that they try to give me. They called me crazy. Pissed me off.
Also they don't know about the bulimia but I don't know if I'll tell them.

"You don't disappoint me.... I think your much braver than you may believe."
bemore

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-04-2013, 12:58 PM
(29-04-2013 12:37 PM)legendoflink Wrote:  Honestly, them isolating me isn't going to make me feel any better. I do not want to go and I will resist any medicine that they try to give me. They called me crazy. Pissed me off.

... OK it sucks, it really sucks, that your parents aren't understanding, *but* please don't discount the hospital people. They are professionals who might genuinely be able to help you break this cycle of depression. I've seen it work for my own sister. Please give it a chance Smile
29-04-2013, 08:46 PM
(29-04-2013 12:37 PM)legendoflink Wrote:  Honestly, them isolating me isn't going to make me feel any better. I do not want to go and I will resist any medicine that they try to give me. They called me crazy. Pissed me off.

Kudos to you for resisting drugs. Please tell the people at the hospital that you want talk therapy with a female therapist and then... make sure you are comfortable with the therapist before you go into detail about your experiences.

You are their customer and it is their job to get you the help you need. If you aren't happy, tell them so.

Good luck!

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
30-04-2013, 12:30 AM
(29-04-2013 08:46 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  Kudos to you for resisting drugs.

Kudos to you for knowing more than the doctor who recommends them. And all via the miracle of the internet too. Dodgy
30-04-2013, 01:25 AM (This post was last modified: 30-04-2013 01:31 AM by Weeeeee_Zard.)
Hm.
Aw, c'mon! Get over yourself!

When I feel down I remember that I could be helping earth somehow before I think about suicide. It seems so lame for me to not give a damn about anything but me... Then I realize I shouldn't be so focused on me and feel a broader existence, too much me me me me makes all nonsense. This is because you cant see your purpose, you only see yourself isolated.

The best is to purge that painful ego, destroy it. Be no one to be every one.

But how? Well, stop thinking that much about yourself. See if you can help someone, something. Love! Dedicate your existence to make things that make this world better.

No achievement comes with no effort.

For example, I don't want to be fat, I hate fat. So, I exercise a lot and I sweat and bike very often. I push myself to continue even tho I feel like I'm going to fall and pass out. Result? Strength! Determination! Achievement!

Someone else, I don't want to be fat I hate fat. So, I stop eating. I get lethargic and down and weak. Result? Lame, pathetic, skinny, weak...

Who are you?

Who do you want to be?

My answer to those questions is "I don't know, but I know who I don't want to be"

I hope this helps. And please never watch tv, that is really bad for your sense of reality.

Let me ask you something legend,

do you think your existence is limited by your skin?

Do you allow yourself into thinking crap?

Can you control your thoughts or they control you?

Are your thoughts accurate to represent reality?

I Heart Qualia Soup
30-04-2013, 09:04 AM
(30-04-2013 12:30 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(29-04-2013 08:46 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  Kudos to you for resisting drugs.

Kudos to you for knowing more than the doctor who recommends them. And all via the miracle of the internet too. Dodgy

The suicide rate among those who take them is 20-65 times higher than those who don't. There is no biological test for any of the ailments psychotropics are prescribed for and they do not correct psychological problems. They effectively tranquilize the people who take them and teens & people in their twenties are are at the highest risk for suicide when on them.

Legend is at a particularly high risk for being prescribed strong psychotropics, given that her parents clearly don't want her to go to talk therapy, lest someone find out what's actually causing her problems. Or more accurately, who caused them.

This girl isn't insane, she has been harmed. Drugs won't change that fact.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
[+] 1 user Likes bbeljefe's post
30-04-2013, 10:57 AM

(29-04-2013 12:01 PM)legendoflink Wrote:  My parents found out about my cutting and are committing me to a hospital, this weekend.

Good. I hope they stick to their guns. Cutting may be popular these days among adolescents, but it is and always will be a pretext to suicide, and suicide is a leading killer of young people.

There is no such thing as a teenager with no hope in life.

(29-04-2013 12:37 PM)legendoflink Wrote:  Honestly, them isolating me isn't going to make me feel any better. I do not want to go and I will resist any medicine that they try to give me. They called me crazy. Pissed me off. Also they don't know about the bulimia but I don't know if I'll tell them.

Medicine can be offered outpatient. You may not even be given medication in the hospital. A lot of young people aren't perscribed anything. There's often what they call PRN medication (That's a latin acronym for "as needed."). Like, if you get out of control they have injections they can give you. They have restraints you can be put in, that sort of thing. The hospital is for the locked doors and no availability to objects you can harm yourself with, and staff that will watch you.

Let me give you a tip: If they think you're going to continue to harm yourself, you could be there for a very long time. I suggest you take advantage of the groups and the various therapies, and you'll be out in minimal time.

And legend, anyone who cuts their own skin or eats food and deliberately throws it up, is mentally ill. If you're not mentally ill, then there is no such thing as a mentally ill person.

I can't believe they're waiting for the weekend.

I do wish you the best of luck, Legend. Here's a song from back when I was a teen. The words just seem to fit (it has a long intro, and it's before there were music videos), but you like poetry, so check out the lyrics:

Relax... take it easy

You see the world through your cynical eyes
You're a troubled young man I can tell
You've got it all in the palm of your hand
But your hand's wet with sweat and your head needs a rest

And you're fooling yourself if you don't believe it
You're kidding yourself if you don't believe it
Why mustyou be such an angry young man
When your future looks quite bright to me
And how can there be such a sinister plan
That could hide such a lamb, such a caring young man

And you're fooling yourself if you don't believe it (fooling yourself)
You're kidding yourself if you don't believe it (kidding yourself)
Get up (Get up, get back on your feet
You're the one they can't beat and you know it)
Come on (Come on, let's see what you've got
Just take your best shot and don't blow it)

And you're fooling yourself if you don't believe it (fooling yourself)
You're killing yourself if you don't believe it (killing yourself)
Get up (Get up, get back on your feet
You're the one they can't beat and you know it)
Come on (Come on, let's see what you've got
Just take your best shot and don't blow it)
Quote this message in a reply
30-04-2013, 03:54 PM
(30-04-2013 09:04 AM)bbeljefe Wrote:  The suicide rate among those who take them is 20-65 times higher than those who don't. There is no biological test for any of the ailments psychotropics are prescribed for and they do not correct psychological problems. They effectively tranquilize the people who take them and teens & people in their twenties are are at the highest risk for suicide when on them.

Legend is at a particularly high risk for being prescribed strong psychotropics, given that her parents clearly don't want her to go to talk therapy, lest someone find out what's actually causing her problems. Or more accurately, who caused them.

You think docs who prescribe these things are not aware of their side-effects ? Unless you yourself are an actual doctor, your advice is that of a layman - and furthermore someone who is not on the scene and does not know the person concerned. If a doctor knowing the facts of her case recommends drugs as the best course of action or as a part thereof, that is a professional opinion and worth listening to. Of course the ultimate decision is hers. But a blanket condemnation is equivalent in my view to a Jehovah's witness's revulsion at the idea of a blood transfusion. *Not rational* and potentially dangerous.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
30-04-2013, 08:03 PM
(30-04-2013 03:54 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(30-04-2013 09:04 AM)bbeljefe Wrote:  The suicide rate among those who take them is 20-65 times higher than those who don't. There is no biological test for any of the ailments psychotropics are prescribed for and they do not correct psychological problems. They effectively tranquilize the people who take them and teens & people in their twenties are are at the highest risk for suicide when on them.

You think docs who prescribe these things are not aware of their side-effects ? Unless you yourself are an actual doctor, your advice is that of a layman - and furthermore someone who is not on the scene and does not know the person concerned. If a doctor knowing the facts of her case recommends drugs as the best course of action or as a part thereof, that is a professional opinion and worth listening to. Of course the ultimate decision is hers. But a blanket condemnation is equivalent in my view to a Jehovah's witness's revulsion at the idea of a blood transfusion. *Not rational* and potentially dangerous.

I've often wondered how people can tell that a person is honest, very learned, compassionate and of the utmost integrity simply by looking at a piece of very expensive paper on the wall.

How do you do that? Or is it just an assumption?