Hm.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-04-2013, 08:31 PM
RE: Hm.
(30-04-2013 08:03 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  
(30-04-2013 03:54 PM)morondog Wrote:  You think docs who prescribe these things are not aware of their side-effects ? Unless you yourself are an actual doctor, your advice is that of a layman - and furthermore someone who is not on the scene and does not know the person concerned. If a doctor knowing the facts of her case recommends drugs as the best course of action or as a part thereof, that is a professional opinion and worth listening to. Of course the ultimate decision is hers. But a blanket condemnation is equivalent in my view to a Jehovah's witness's revulsion at the idea of a blood transfusion. *Not rational* and potentially dangerous.

I've often wondered how people can tell that a person is honest, very learned, compassionate and of the utmost integrity simply by looking at a piece of very expensive paper on the wall.

How do you do that? Or is it just an assumption?

Some doctors aren't very good doctors, but if you use the first part of this sentence to make an assumption about all doctors, it's a blanket statement.

To tell if a person is honest, learned and compassionate - doctor is not - takes building a relationship; a rapport.

If you only look at expensive papers on a wall, the point is missed. Undecided

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-04-2013, 08:44 PM
(30-04-2013 08:31 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  
(30-04-2013 08:03 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  I've often wondered how people can tell that a person is honest, very learned, compassionate and of the utmost integrity simply by looking at a piece of very expensive paper on the wall.

How do you do that? Or is it just an assumption?

Some doctors aren't very good doctors, but if you use the first part of this sentence to make an assumption about all doctors, it's a blanket statement.

To tell if a person is honest, learned and compassionate - doctor is not - takes building a relationship; a rapport.

Right. And the best predictor of future behavior is relevant past behavior.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-04-2013, 08:56 PM
(30-04-2013 08:44 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  
(30-04-2013 08:31 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  Some doctors aren't very good doctors, but if you use the first part of this sentence to make an assumption about all doctors, it's a blanket statement.

Right. And the best predictor of future behavior is relevant past behavior.
At this point I can't help but ask: your replies - are they based upon a personal issue with doctors/psychiatrists/medications?

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
30-04-2013, 09:18 PM
(30-04-2013 08:56 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  
(30-04-2013 08:44 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  Right. And the best predictor of future behavior is relevant past behavior.
At this point I can't help but ask: your replies - are they based upon a personal issue with doctors/psychiatrists/medications?

I had an experience with psychotropics when I was in my early twenties but they weren't prescribed by a psychiatrist, they were prescribed by an MD. Of course, they had the opposite effect they were supposed to have and I stopped taking them.

It could be said that that has had an affect on my positions to date, since we can scarcely claim that personal experience doesn't inform our thought processes. But with that said, I've reached my position on psychiatry and psychotropic drugs the same way I've reached my position on most everything else... through tons of reading, watching, listening and reasoning.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
30-04-2013, 09:28 PM
Just a reminder that this is a personal issues thread and not the proper place for debate. Drinking Beverage

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 4 users Like Erxomai's post
30-04-2013, 10:20 PM
Hm.
Legend isn't insane, she just needs to find power within whether it is from anger or whatever.

When we get hurt we tend to blame it on ourselves. I know but, Fuck that!

For a long time what kept me up was the desire for revenge... Until I grew out of it and let go... Forgive. But, it helped me to feel anger towards the wrong doers instead of towards me.

Girl, find your strength! People (very young kids included) cross or try to cross the border to be in this country because they think they can have a better life. Their stories are like horror movies for the most part, terrible shit happens to them. But some of them make it, they don't have your rights nor your language and they have to live hiding to avoid been kicked out.

You can always start from scratch but for now if you are a minor and live with your parents then you are screwed and have to live the way they want you to live. Later when you can pay your own bills you can do as you wish.

I mean, do you really take what they say seriously? There is plenty of shit talkers in this world, you can't let their bs hurt you! Aren't you smarter?
[+] 1 user Likes Weeeeee_Zard's post
01-05-2013, 10:21 AM
Weezard is bang on the money with this one Sarah.

You say your bored. That to me translates that when you are with your friends and your boyfriend then you are occupied and these things make you feel good. Now when you are on your own you HAVE to become your own best friend.

These problems and thoughts that you have about yourself, you were not born with them. They were given to you by other people/situations or/and you have empowered them/given them to yourself.

If you keep telling yourself you are worthless and need to cut its your own voice inside your head, your consciousness, your ego, your sense of "I", the busy network of conduits that make up your brain patterns repeating themselves that is telling you this, not the world. You need to empower yourself because you can change these old thought patterns but it will take time and just like religions you will need faith. Not faith in some bullshit man in the sky but faith and belief within yourself and the true desire to get out of this rut.

Next time you feel down and wortless think of something that makes you smile. Has your life got better since you have met your boyfriend??? Think of how bad things were before you had him and how things have got better since. Thats PROOF that things can, do and will get better. Your NOT UGLY, your NOT FAT, your NOT STUPID otherwise your boyfriend wouldnt want to be with you, he sees's someone who is beautiful and that person is YOU... you just need to realise this and believe it yourself.

Next time you wanna cut think of the things that you have in your life and each time you cut you are also cutting part of them slightly. Go outside and get angry and stick two fingers up at the sky and universe (and ultimately yourself) and tell it (the old harmfull thoughts) to "FUCK RIGHT OFF".... get your blade and throw it as far away from you as possible, out of the window, in the bin, over the street, down the toilet.

Look in the mirror and tell yourself you are beautiful, you are worthy and you you want to live life. Keep telling yourself this over and over again every time you see your reflection and overtime you will programme your subconcious to believe these things.

When you think of things that make you feel good to combat your bad feelings dont just think of them.... FEEL THEM. Be in that place, feel them (metaphorically) with your heart and your soul and your whole BEING and awarness of yourself.

If people bring you down you must realise they do this to MAKE THEMSELVES FEEL BETTER. Its not actually about you, its about them and there lack of being able to deal with something. Them lashing out at you is exactly the same as you cutting yourself except they do it to other people emotionally and you do it to yourself physically.

You can have a million and one replies on here all showing you a different path to overcome this but you need to find your own path sarah on how to deal with this... and you can deal with it.

Put some belief and feeling into the lyrics, there is so much truth in them... you just cant seem them (yet)

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 2 users Like bemore's post
01-05-2013, 10:28 AM

Just so you all know, if she's been admitted to a mental hospital, she won't be able to read or reply here. You don't get your cell phone or internet access, typically.
Quote this message in a reply
01-05-2013, 11:44 AM
These are two of the things that honestly made me happy and kind of gave me hope.

(30-04-2013 09:04 AM)bbeljefe Wrote:  This girl isn't insane, she has been harmed. Drugs won't change that fact.

Quote:Your NOT UGLY, your NOT FAT, your NOT STUPID otherwise your boyfriend wouldnt want to be with you, he sees's someone who is beautiful and that person is YOU... you just need to realise this and believe it yourself.

I have talked to my parents and we made a compromise.

I am going to talk to someone.
They're making me get into an extra-curricular activity of some sort, my choice, to keep myself entertained.
We are going to have a family meeting every Sunday night, to make sure of how I'm feeling and also help prepare me for the coming week with a good mindset.
I am not allowed to use anything sharp around the house (scissors, knives, toothpicks, safety pins, etc.)
Once school ends, I have to get a job. (I'm totally ok with that)

The hospital isn't happening.. right now at least.
If they see that nothing is getting better, they said they'll send me.

I think I finally want to get better.
I'm going to try.

"You don't disappoint me.... I think your much braver than you may believe."
bemore

[+] 1 user Likes legendoflink's post
01-05-2013, 11:52 AM
Well, good for you. With time you'll get to control your thoughts and feelings. Its a process, nothing wrong with the process... that is actually what life is all about... enjoy the ride.

I Heart Qualia Soup