Hmm... Is it normal to have really bad nightmares?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-08-2017, 09:15 PM (This post was last modified: 16-08-2017 09:20 PM by JesseB.)
Hmm... Is it normal to have really bad nightmares?
What the title said,

This morning again I was woken at 4 am from a really bad nightmare. I won't bore you all with the details but I sure have a whole fucking lot of these things. They are always so violent and loud and emotional and intense. It's like.... I went through all this shit once already! Why the fuck should I have to go through it again almost every damn night when I go to bed!

Edit^ To clarify I ask cause I wake up at 4 am, customer comes to my door to drop off a phone for me to repair and he asks about how I look and I say "Ugh, I didn't sleep last night" and when they ask why I say "I had a nightmare, that's all" and they look at me like I'm some kinda fucked up freak for having nightmares (that happened this morning just like that, but it's not the first time I've experienced it, pretty much every time I have a nightmare then have to deal with people the next day someone fucking pry's and then after pestering me to answer looks at me like a freak for answering. It's like... don't fucking ask if you don't want the damn answer!)

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-08-2017, 10:07 PM
RE: Hmm... Is it normal to have really bad nightmares?
Hug

I know for me t'is stress what lets out the beasts of my mind.

As words on a screen all I can offer is Hug
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
16-08-2017, 10:13 PM
(16-08-2017 10:07 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Hug

I know for me t'is stress what lets out the beasts of my mind.

As words on a screen all I can offer is Hug

Thanks. I've had nightmares for as long as I can remember, I still remember many of them too, especially the ones that involve my family or my ex wife. Those one's are the absolute worst. Sometimes I have them nightly sometimes once a week or so. Honestly the random weird ones don't bother me, I kinda enjoy them. I taught myself to lucid dream when I was very young and it gave me some power over them. But the one's with my parents, or my ex wife.... fuck... I feel so trapped. Those are the absolute worst, when I finally am able to wake up from them I am too scared to go back to sleep, that's when I look like a total zombie when the sun finally comes up.

My dreams are generally pretty fucked up at the best of times though and I dream every night and I remember most of them.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post
16-08-2017, 10:16 PM
HAHA funny thing is? The one's about my ex wife are good dreams HAHA how fucked up is that. I dream about the happy times we had when I was happy in my life and I never wanted them to end and I think about the fact she was gonna cheat on me the way she did and that it's gonna end and that's what turns it into a nightmare, all my happy memories perverted by the hurt she caused near the end. I'm not the kind of person to cry, or talk about crying. But I wake up with tears in my eye's.

How fucked up is that neh?

Big Grin
16-08-2017, 10:18 PM (This post was last modified: 16-08-2017 10:22 PM by JesseB.)
The one's with my parents are.... violent. It's like I spend hours locked in my head with someone screaming non stop, my heart racing non stop, constantly running hearing words I don't even want to remember. People die, sometimes I kill myself. Sometimes I kill my abusers. Sometimes I kill random people. Sometimes my abusers kill me or random people in front of me or people I care about. It's as bloody and vicious as my real life ever was and all I want to do is die. Anything to escape the dream but I'm always trapped they just keep going relentlessly for what seems forever. And the screaming I wake up with the screaming in my ears still

oh and the rage, I feel intense rages, sometimes sadness or other emotions but mostly rage so intense I want to vomit. I want to run from the rage if that makes sense. Ugh I hate the emotions I feel when I sleep.

Big Grin
16-08-2017, 10:23 PM (This post was last modified: 16-08-2017 10:31 PM by Brian37.)
(16-08-2017 09:15 PM)JesseB Wrote:  What the title said,

This morning again I was woken at 4 am from a really bad nightmare. I won't bore you all with the details but I sure have a whole fucking lot of these things. They are always so violent and loud and emotional and intense. It's like.... I went through all this shit once already! Why the fuck should I have to go through it again almost every damn night when I go to bed!

Edit^ To clarify I ask cause I wake up at 4 am, customer comes to my door to drop off a phone for me to repair and he asks about how I look and I say "Ugh, I didn't sleep last night" and when they ask why I say "I had a nightmare, that's all" and they look at me like I'm some kinda fucked up freak for having nightmares (that happened this morning just like that, but it's not the first time I've experienced it, pretty much every time I have a nightmare then have to deal with people the next day someone fucking pry's and then after pestering me to answer looks at me like a freak for answering. It's like... don't fucking ask if you don't want the damn answer!)

Don't worry about the details, you are not "seeing" or "predicting" anything.

Nightmares are due to stress. Could be from anxiety from job or family issues, anything. Or it could be a deeper diet, chemical brain imbalance. No you are not crazy.

Try to figure out what it is in your state of being awake that is causing you concern. But dreams are just that, good or bad, just dreams.

When I was a kid I had a reoccurring nightmare, once about every 3 months for about two years. It involved a movie "Escape From Witch Mountain" and as a kid it scared me. It also did not help that I had nothing but bullies on my street so I think back then the nightmares were related to my stress of having to deal with them while awake.

Nightmares are from something, even if you are not aware of it, but something that is stressing you out while you are lucid and awake. But they are never real. It is just your brain playing hookie while you are asleep.

Good dreams work the same way. I've fallen asleep with the TV on while I hear a sexy female voice and have a dream about sex and my brain will concoct a female without actually seeing the face on the TV. I've hated it in those cases when some noise wakes me up in the middle of a good dream.

If you are on meds for anxiety or bi polar or depression those can also produce weird dreams. There is nothing wrong with seeing a medical professional to find out why you are having these nightmares.

But always remember, they are NOT real.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Brian37's post
16-08-2017, 10:33 PM
(16-08-2017 10:23 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(16-08-2017 09:15 PM)JesseB Wrote:  What the title said,

Don't worry about the details, you are not "seeing" or "predicting" anything.

Nightmares are due to stress. Could be from anxiety from job or family issues, anything. Or it could be a deeper diet, chemical brain imbalance. No you are not crazy.

Try to figure out what it is in your state of being awake that is causing you concern. But dreams are just that, good or bad, just dreams.

When I was a kid I had a reoccurring nightmare, once about every 3 months for about two years. It involved a movie "Escape From Witch Mountain" and as a kid it scared me. It also did not help that I had nothing but bullies on my street so I think back then the nightmares were related to my stress of having to deal with them while awake.

Nightmares are from something, even if you are not aware of it, but something that is stressing you out while you are lucid and awake. But they are never real. It is just your brain playing hookie while you are asleep.

Good dreams work the same way. I've fallen asleep with the TV on while I hear a sexy female voice and have a dream about sex and my brain will concoct a female without actually seeing the face on the TV. I've hated it in those cases when some noise wakes me up in the middle of a good dream.

I don't think I'll ever be able to escape at this point dude. Leerob would be mad at me saying this, he keeps telling me to promise not to talk all.... like this. But the reality is I'm trying my best to get far from here for my own well being but 35 years I've never been able to find a healthy place in my life despite all my effort. It's really hard for me to think it's possible. You want to ask me what in my life is stressful? Literally everything! I would suggest if you're curious to dig up more of my posts, my life is so fucked up, just non stop relentless fucked up and all I do is try not to die every day. I'm not sure why I try not to die every day I have no reason at all to continue. I just kinda don't really want to die yet, not deep down. Death is so... idk.... annoying. Like there's shit I really would like to do with my life. Get a PH D travel to mars spend time studying computer science more hell just sitting in a room by myself and thinking for all time seems more interesting to me than being dead. But I want the pain to end so dying comes up daily. Has for 35 years. All I want? A normal life where people aren't trying to fucking kill me or abuse me. It's like I got some giant target on my back that says "Hey all you abusive fucks have fun fucking me over" idk

I think they key would be to get very far from the epicenter of the abuse. AKA get far from my parents, but idk.... being alone is almost worse than being abused. And fuck anyone who says otherwise they aren't fucking me they don't get to dictate that abuse is worse than being alone for me. So like.... I'd need a family, a replacement family if I wanted to be successful, real friends people that don't just say they give a shit but actually do and will make a fucking effort. OH Wait, people like that don't actually exist in this superficial fucked up shallow ass world we live in. Yup there's no escape and we all know it.

Well.... that's how my fucked up mind tends to see things, I'm hoping maybe that can change. I'm putting in the effort anyway.

Big Grin
16-08-2017, 10:35 PM
(16-08-2017 10:16 PM)JesseB Wrote:  HAHA funny thing is? The one's about my ex wife are good dreams HAHA how fucked up is that. I dream about the happy times we had when I was happy in my life and I never wanted them to end and I think about the fact she was gonna cheat on me the way she did and that it's gonna end and that's what turns it into a nightmare, all my happy memories perverted by the hurt she caused near the end. I'm not the kind of person to cry, or talk about crying. But I wake up with tears in my eye's.

How fucked up is that neh?

Hug

Heart

(16-08-2017 10:16 PM)JesseB Wrote:  ..... and all I do is try not to die every day.

Hug

Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
16-08-2017, 10:40 PM
Yes, but they usually go away when I go to sleep.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
16-08-2017, 10:46 PM (This post was last modified: 16-08-2017 10:50 PM by JesseB.)
I've been placed in situations similar to solitary confinement in the prison system for years at a time. Being locked away in my own home, with no one to talk to for days, weeks, months, years. It keeps happening now, if it wasn't for Leerob and a few others forcing me to maintain contact I would be going for long periods of time here with no contact with anyone. I hate being alone but I don't know that such a thing as not being alone actually exists. Hearing voices is important to me, text isn't the same but I wonder if you've ever gone weeks or months without a single human voice before? any idea how that feels? No? Of course not no wonder people think text is just the same, they've never actually been isolated before.

Here's a little secret. All of my stories I'm either 5 years old 7 years old 15 years old or in my 20's the reality is I just make that up. I have no sense of time, all my memories either feel like they were yesterday or feel like they were hundreds of years ago. how do I put it, it's like all my memories happened at the same time to me. There's no difference. They are all just as vivid and real all the same detail. but when I'm doing well they seem closer, when I'm not doing well I just can't remember anything at all. I counter this by constantly looking at clocks, if i forget to look at clocks days can go by before I remember where I am or what I'm doing. I'll just sit at my desk without any idea how many days passed just repeating the same activity over and over again. Usually when that happens it lasts until a customer comes knocking on my door looking for me to fix something. I never let them know what's really going on. I don't know if any of this is normal. And I do feel kinda crazy at times I guess despite my telling myself I'm not.

Edit^ I've been stuck up here for like 2 or 3 years not really sure how long exactly. This happened before after my divorce I spent several years where my parents had me brainwashed into thinking there was something wrong with me. I spent several years locked in my home with no human contact just maybe a call from my mom once a month when it was time to get food. LOL she once told me "here's 15 dollars you need to make that last the entire month" I lived that month mostly on a single giant bag of tortilla chips. This also happened when I was a kid a few times for long periods locked in my room with no contact. I don't really wanna think about that at all.

Big Grin