Hmm... Is it normal to have really bad nightmares?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-08-2017, 10:46 PM
RE: Hmm... Is it normal to have really bad nightmares?
(16-08-2017 10:40 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Yes, but they usually go away when I go to sleep.

HAHA thank you GirlyMan. I love you you know. Honestly. No I'm not asking to marry you I just think you're fucking great and I value your humor so much.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post
16-08-2017, 10:54 PM
My cat just decided to pounce my toe reminding me I'm not alone. I need her so much in my life. I couldn't live without her or my dog. I couldn't even begin to thank them enough, without them I wouldn't be alive today. Thank you kitty. It's not quite the same as human contact but it helps. I talk to them all day long pretty much non stop if I can, it helps similar to looking at clocks

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post
16-08-2017, 11:27 PM (This post was last modified: 16-08-2017 11:40 PM by JesseB.)
They are going to take away my drivers license one day. Some people here know a bit about my problems. Scott the Sherrif know's he's always on my ass. I don't think he know's why though he's just trying to catch me driving when I'm unwell so he can give me a ticket. So far I've been very lucky there. But Tiffany at the resort, I told her what's really going on. She reminded me today.

I was there eating, I had to buy some food from there too so I stopped and ate there it was really nice to have people to talk to. The other lady (I forget her name) drives the school buss back when I was working for the school I got to know her a bit. We were talking about it, I joked "If I was the bus driver those kids would be screaming in terror every day" she asked "why?" I said "Cause it's too damn early I'd be asleep at the wheel lol." Then Tiffany chimed in with, "No when you're not feeling well I've seen you drive when you're not well. You need to need to work on not running off the road and stay in your lane"

Truth is, if I am having blood sugar issues I struggle bad. And anytime I have to drive more than an hour long I start to.... slip? Disappear? I've had friends ride in the car and see me sitting there looking perfectly normal except..... my jaw is slack and I'm snoring loudly..... Either that or I'm just fucking gone, trapped in my own head, wandering off in my thoughts. I'm very careful because I know about these problems, i am extra careful kinda the same way I watch clocks but.... I shouldn't have a fucking license and I know it. Honest truth. One day I'm going to loose it. Problem is without a drivers license I will literally starve to death. No one's gonna fucking help me I've always had to help myself. So I'm terrified of driving, but I'm terrified of being imprisoned in my home with no way to get access to food even more.

It's like sometimes I go into my head to think and I forget this world exists.
It's like sometimes I just go into my head and I just forget this world exists... idk...

Literally no one gives a fuck, oh sure people will say they do. But there's not a single person I know that would actually try to help (Wait this isn't true. I actually know a couple people who have been honestly trying to help with actions not just words, I'm amazed such people actually exist, every one else just thinks it's someone else's job to help. So to you that care more than words, thank you) So it's hard for me to take anything they say seriously. All they'll do is sit on their high horse and shout down how I should be doing things better how it's all my fault this shit is like this. Reality society is far more to blame. I'm not the only one who faces this shit. I just don't have enough sense to kill myself or keep my mouth shut. After all my reminding people is such an inconvenience to them. We all know it's true. Or at least half true anyway.

Edit^ Actually I've had this problem even longer now that I think about it. It wasn't as bad, but I remember like.... just idk finishing up thinking about stuff to see my ex wife frantic. Apparently I was staring off into space for hours without responding not even blinking, she said I was taking short breaths and nothing she did got me to respond. I was just thinking about stuff and slipped. It happened once in therapy with both my ex wife and the therapist there at the same time, said I sat there not blinking for almost 20 minutes. I don't really know how often this happens, but I think it's happening more often lately. I just start thinking, it's easy to trigger if someone asks me a question I can't answer (by that I mean a question I can answer but I'm fully aware that the correct and honest answer isn't acceptable to the person asking the question. Ugh more like... when someone asks you a question and there's no "right" answer, as in no answer that will avoid a bad outcome? idk I"m trying here. like when my dad would ask me why I did something and I knew whatever I said he was going to beat me, and saying nothing he'd beat me too, my mind would start racing through every possible outcome every lie every half truth and all the potential results of those outcomes and then things would just kinda.... slow down? Funny every time it's happened people freak out about it idk why)

Big Grin
17-08-2017, 03:29 AM
Jesse, are you taking medication? There are some medications I was given in hospital that gave me nightmares. I had to stop.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
17-08-2017, 03:34 AM
I'm really sorry to hear this Sad

I don't know how common it is, but I have horrific nightmares fairly frequently.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-08-2017, 08:57 AM
(16-08-2017 10:33 PM)JesseB Wrote:  I don't think I'll ever be able to escape at this point dude. Leerob would be mad at me saying this, he keeps telling me to promise not to talk all.... like this.
I would not be mad at you. We talked about this man.
And when I told you to talk to me about anything at any time, I meant it. Wake me up in the middle of the fucking night if you must. I don't care.
We'll figure out the rest. You know I got your back, just hang in there.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
[+] 1 user Likes Leerob's post
17-08-2017, 10:04 AM (This post was last modified: 17-08-2017 10:08 AM by adey67.)
(16-08-2017 10:18 PM)JesseB Wrote:  The one's with my parents are.... violent. It's like I spend hours locked in my head with someone screaming non stop, my heart racing non stop, constantly running hearing words I don't even want to remember. People die, sometimes I kill myself. Sometimes I kill my abusers. Sometimes I kill random people. Sometimes my abusers kill me or random people in front of me or people I care about. It's as bloody and vicious as my real life ever was and all I want to do is die. Anything to escape the dream but I'm always trapped they just keep going relentlessly for what seems forever. And the screaming I wake up with the screaming in my ears still

oh and the rage, I feel intense rages, sometimes sadness or other emotions but mostly rage so intense I want to vomit. I want to run from the rage if that makes sense. Ugh I hate the emotions I feel when I sleep.

The answer to why is in this post of yours I've quoted above, PTSD Jesse, I'd bet money on it,the reason for the nightmares are because there's either been a trigger causing a resurgence or there's some things that have not been dealt with effectively, I'd bet money on that too. Nightmares are normal most have a few, these strike me as highly abnormal, might I suggest a visit to the doctors to eliminate any physical cause and to gain help for any psychological causes.
Edit, blood sugar issues can cause abnormal dreaming and as banjo said some meds too, get yourself checked out mate.
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
17-08-2017, 12:24 PM
I thought PTSD as well after reading through.

Have you ever talked to a counselor or anything like that about it?

~ The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you ~
-Neil Degrasse Tyson
[Image: stairway_to_heaven_by_tomtr.png]
~ 0 ~
17-08-2017, 12:38 PM
So sorry you are experiencing this. I know it can be horrible. I had a peak of nightmares for over a year after 9-11. That morning my husband woke me up on the phone with the words "we are at war."

In general though, abusing the nicotine patch seemed to flip a switch for me that started movie-length vivid dreams, some nightmare, some not. Many, many years later they still happen but not as frequently. Zolpidem (generic Ambien) is more valuable to me than gold. When I started taking it I explained to my husband that side-effects included sleep-walking, sleep-talking, sleep-driving, sleep-eating and sleep-sex. He assured me that if he was ever aware of me walking, talking, driving or eating in my sleep he would take care of me. And that if he found me wanting sleep sex....he would take care of me.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
17-08-2017, 10:39 PM
(17-08-2017 12:38 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  So sorry you are experiencing this. I know it can be horrible. I had a peak of nightmares for over a year after 9-11. That morning my husband woke me up on the phone with the words "we are at war."

In general though, abusing the nicotine patch seemed to flip a switch for me that started movie-length vivid dreams, some nightmare, some not. Many, many years later they still happen but not as frequently. Zolpidem (generic Ambien) is more valuable to me than gold. When I started taking it I explained to my husband that side-effects included sleep-walking, sleep-talking, sleep-driving, sleep-eating and sleep-sex. He assured me that if he was ever aware of me walking, talking, driving or eating in my sleep he would take care of me. And that if he found me wanting sleep sex....he would take care of me.

Military? or military spouse eh? Hug Yea... that's hell right there.

My dad was a Marine, my mom Navy. US Marines taught him real good how to wage war on 3 year olds. (I have no real fondness for soldiers, but can you really blame me? I know some are ok, but I've met many more that were every bit the scum my dad was)

Still I know how hard that shit can be, I have no love of wars either. Sorry you had to endure that.

Big Grin