Hmm... Is it normal to have really bad nightmares?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-08-2017, 10:43 PM
RE: Hmm... Is it normal to have really bad nightmares?
Idk..... anyone explain more about PTSD?

I don't like how angry I've been lately. I don't like the shit I said above in this thread. I don't like the pain. I don't like thinking this is the end, there's a lot of things I don't like. If PTSD is something that is a part of it, and something that can be fixed. Perhaps it would be worth it to take that off the list of shit I gotta deal with every day.

I tend to respond to the kinds of adversity I currently am facing, with rage. I hate rage. But it happens whether I like it or not. Funny remove the adversity remove the rage, I'm way to fucking simple minded.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-08-2017, 03:02 AM
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posttrau...s_disorder

This article is a good start, I know wiki isn't always the best but I've read through it and it seems accurate enough on this occasion.
18-08-2017, 03:09 AM
Hypoglycemia and certain meds can cause dreaming probs too. Best to get yourself checked right out and let the doctors diagnose/help you don't get too hung up on what anyone here suggests could be the cause, we're not doctors and cannot give you anything more than pointers. Good luck man.
18-08-2017, 03:44 AM
Jesse,

I have them too. Undecided

D.
18-08-2017, 06:12 AM
(17-08-2017 10:43 PM)JesseB Wrote:  Idk..... anyone explain more about PTSD?

I don't like how angry I've been lately. I don't like the shit I said above in this thread. I don't like the pain. I don't like thinking this is the end, there's a lot of things I don't like. If PTSD is something that is a part of it, and something that can be fixed. Perhaps it would be worth it to take that off the list of shit I gotta deal with every day.

I tend to respond to the kinds of adversity I currently am facing, with rage. I hate rage. But it happens whether I like it or not. Funny remove the adversity remove the rage, I'm way to fucking simple minded.

PTSD Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
So if you had severe trauma and you are still heavily affected by it in your life later on. For example through anxiety, depression, rage (!), guilt, etc.
It is very likely you have that. But honestly, it's just a diagnose for a natural reaction to the shit that happened to you. You can get it diagnosed if you see a therapist that you trust enough to be open to and such a therapist might be able to help work through it all.

About your rage
Very understandable. And your low points throughout the days also understandable. You are indeed in a shit situation but it won't stay that way. We have a deal (thanks), don't forget that. You'll get through this, I got your back, and you know there are at least two more who have your back. Vent your rage, it's healthy and healing. If you need ways to vent it, let's talk.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
[+] 1 user Likes Leerob's post
20-08-2017, 03:21 PM
(18-08-2017 03:44 AM)Dworkin Wrote:  Jesse,

D.

Hug

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
20-08-2017, 03:31 PM
(20-08-2017 03:21 PM)JesseB Wrote:  
(18-08-2017 03:44 AM)Dworkin Wrote:  Jesse,

D.

Hug
How are you feeling mate, any better ?
20-08-2017, 08:37 PM
I'd suggest trying to sort out diet and vitamins to potentially have less memorable dreams, as well as trying to resolve any issues that might be bringing them up.

You may also try to learn how to lucid dream. Almost every time I start to have a nightmare, I can turn it around now, and will the dream in the direction I want, or just move through it, impervious to attack.
26-08-2017, 08:41 AM (This post was last modified: 26-08-2017 09:07 AM by JesseB.)
(20-08-2017 08:37 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  I'd suggest trying to sort out diet and vitamins to potentially have less memorable dreams, as well as trying to resolve any issues that might be bringing them up.

You may also try to learn how to lucid dream. Almost every time I start to have a nightmare, I can turn it around now, and will the dream in the direction I want, or just move through it, impervious to attack.

Thanks,

I have been able to lucid dream since High School, I had never heard of it before, however it was a natural response to the nightmares I had at the time. With these ones though, it doesn't matter that I'm aware it's a dream, I can't change any element.

Also, I'm trying to keep up with any threads* I've posted but I am a bit slow, apologies for that. Lot on my plate right now.

Thanks for the spelling correction^

Big Grin
26-08-2017, 08:46 AM
Now that I think of it, I am not sure I should even classify these dreams as nightmares, I've had nightmares all my life and these are decidedly different.

Like, I mentioned earlier that it sounds like someone is screaming in my head all night long, I've woken up with my throat feeling raw. I don't know for sure but I think I was screaming in my sleep all night. Since my divorce I've always lived alone so I have no idea. My ex wife caught me sleep walking once, I did it a few times as a kid too but it seemed to be a very rare occurrence.

Normally with a dream or a nightmare I can force myself to wake up if there's something about it I don't like, but with these ones I feel trapped. I don't know, I'm certainly no expert.

Big Grin