Hmm... Is it normal to have really bad nightmares?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-08-2017, 08:46 AM
RE: Hmm... Is it normal to have really bad nightmares?
(26-08-2017 08:41 AM)JesseB Wrote:  
(20-08-2017 08:37 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  I'd suggest trying to sort out diet and vitamins to potentially have less memorable dreams, as well as trying to resolve any issues that might be bringing them up.

You may also try to learn how to lucid dream. Almost every time I start to have a nightmare, I can turn it around now, and will the dream in the direction I want, or just move through it, impervious to attack.

Thanks,

I have been able to lucid dream since High School, I had never heard of it before, however it was a natural response to the nightmares I had at the time. With these ones though, it doesn't matter that I'm aware it's a dream, I can't change any element.

Also, I'm trying to keep up with any threats I've posted but I am a bit slow, apologies for that. Lot on my plate right now.

I trust you meant to write threads and not threats, you don't want to incur the wrath of Moms Tongue Wink
But seriously how are you doing bro are things any better for you ?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-08-2017, 09:10 AM
(26-08-2017 08:46 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(26-08-2017 08:41 AM)JesseB Wrote:  Thanks,

I have been able to lucid dream since High School, I had never heard of it before, however it was a natural response to the nightmares I had at the time. With these ones though, it doesn't matter that I'm aware it's a dream, I can't change any element.

Also, I'm trying to keep up with any threats I've posted but I am a bit slow, apologies for that. Lot on my plate right now.

I trust you meant to write threads and not threats, you don't want to incur the wrath of Moms Tongue Wink
But seriously how are you doing bro are things any better for you ?

My life has been feeling a little like a Greek tragedy or comedy or something idk.

Had a job interview yesterday, got in my truck and my tires were covered in break fluid, thankfully they rescheduled for next Friday. Not sure yet what I'm going to do to get my truck fixed though.

Anyway I don't really wanna think too much right now. I'll worry about it after I've had a bit of time to wrap my head around the problem.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
26-08-2017, 09:30 AM
Good job you noticed the brake fluid before you drove it.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
26-08-2017, 04:54 PM
(26-08-2017 09:10 AM)JesseB Wrote:  Had a job interview yesterday, got in my truck and my tires were covered in break fluid, thankfully they rescheduled for next Friday. Not sure yet what I'm going to do to get my truck fixed though...

No job interview is worth the risk of driving with faulty brakes mate. And I sincerely hope the interview all goes okay next Friday. Thumbsup

BTW, it sounds like one of two things have happened with your truck. One of the internal piston seal(s) in the disc caliper cylinder(s), or drum slave cylinders has given way, or the union of the hydraulic inlet hose to the caliper body or cylinder body has become loosened, or possibly the hose has ruptured near the wheel.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
26-08-2017, 06:31 PM
(17-08-2017 10:39 PM)JesseB Wrote:  
(17-08-2017 12:38 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  So sorry you are experiencing this. I know it can be horrible. I had a peak of nightmares for over a year after 9-11. That morning my husband woke me up on the phone with the words "we are at war."

In general though, abusing the nicotine patch seemed to flip a switch for me that started movie-length vivid dreams, some nightmare, some not. Many, many years later they still happen but not as frequently. Zolpidem (generic Ambien) is more valuable to me than gold. When I started taking it I explained to my husband that side-effects included sleep-walking, sleep-talking, sleep-driving, sleep-eating and sleep-sex. He assured me that if he was ever aware of me walking, talking, driving or eating in my sleep he would take care of me. And that if he found me wanting sleep sex....he would take care of me.

Military? or military spouse eh? Hug Yea... that's hell right there.

My dad was a Marine, my mom Navy. US Marines taught him real good how to wage war on 3 year olds. (I have no real fondness for soldiers, but can you really blame me? I know some are ok, but I've met many more that were every bit the scum my dad was)

Still I know how hard that shit can be, I have no love of wars either. Sorry you had to endure that.

Didn't see this until just now. No, not military or military family, just plain old citizen. But my husband's only sibling lives close enough to the Twin Towers (on the 15th floor of her building) that she was shaken out of bed at the blast. And it was close to a week before she was able to get word to us. The KINDS of nightmares I started having after 9-11 changed. Hubby's "we are at war" statement at the time was his take on what he had just heard on the radio.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
26-08-2017, 06:35 PM
JesseB, can you set up a video to find out if you are actually screaming or not? I think that's something I would want to know, if it were me.

Do you have any insurance that would help you get a sleep study?

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
26-08-2017, 08:30 PM (This post was last modified: 26-08-2017 09:03 PM by JesseB.)
(26-08-2017 09:30 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Good job you noticed the brake fluid before you drove it.

LOL not exactly but I did notice when I stuck the car in reverse and it bolted backwards with my foot on the break..... Lucky for me I was able to stop it before I lost control. My landlord wanted it back in my driveway so he tied his truck to mine and held his breaks while I put it in drive, even with his breaks locking his tires my truck dragged his lol (it's got power). However it kept it slow enough that I was able to shift it into neutral, then park with no issues, we chalked the back wheel.

My interview has been moved to next Friday, It's gonna cost like 550 to fix my breaks and about 200 to tow it to town. I have maybe like 100-200 on me total. Yea. I'm fucked.

I have like less than a week to figure this out, and right now my brain is broke so I'ma watch anime and pretend like none of this is real for a bit.

And before anyone makes any rather unhelpful suggestions, I'm about 2 hours away from the closest grocery store, mechanic, gas station, or anything else really and I live on top of a mountain (ok only elevation 3,400ft but still). Half the year we don't even have working landline phones up here and they are so expensive I can't afford a phone, so I don't technically have one. My original plan was to go down the mountain with no break pads and hope everything works out. I was concerned about starting a forest fire but since there's not a damn person up here that would really help me, not many options available. Oh and Taxi's don't come up here either. Hell only 1 tow truck company will drive up here. So... yea... I better start learning how to magically pull money out of my ass (kidding reality is I'm not going to get this job interview or get my truck fixed, I mean maybe when my sdi comes but honestly if I fix my truck from that with what I have on me I'll have to make a lot of sacrifices like food ect for the rest of the month, I know someone offered to make sure I get fed but.... that's too much to ask from them I'll have just enough to pay my electric rent and fix my truck and then I'll be cleaned out so idk)

There might be some options idk I'm stressed and worried, but that's how insurmountable this problem is right now. Anyway I'm off to watch anime I'll check back tomorrow maybe.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
26-08-2017, 08:31 PM
(26-08-2017 06:35 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  JesseB, can you set up a video to find out if you are actually screaming or not? I think that's something I would want to know, if it were me.

Do you have any insurance that would help you get a sleep study?

Meh, honestly I don't really care that much. I doubt knowing for sure is gonna do a damn thing to help. Also, I have bigger problems to deal with right now.

Big Grin
26-08-2017, 08:33 PM
(26-08-2017 04:54 PM)SYZ Wrote:  
(26-08-2017 09:10 AM)JesseB Wrote:  Had a job interview yesterday, got in my truck and my tires were covered in break fluid, thankfully they rescheduled for next Friday. Not sure yet what I'm going to do to get my truck fixed though...

No job interview is worth the risk of driving with faulty brakes mate. And I sincerely hope the interview all goes okay next Friday. Thumbsup

BTW, it sounds like one of two things have happened with your truck. One of the internal piston seal(s) in the disc caliper cylinder(s), or drum slave cylinders has given way, or the union of the hydraulic inlet hose to the caliper body or cylinder body has become loosened, or possibly the hose has ruptured near the wheel.

I think the line got loosened, I have seen no ruptures, either that or like you said the seal at the break pad thingy.... Idk I'm a computer nerd not a mechanic, I can do a few things but this is beyond my skill level. however I could share a picture of my breaks, there's nothing left of the break pad, totally gone. So... I really need them fixed to drive my truck anywhere.

Big Grin
26-08-2017, 08:43 PM
(26-08-2017 06:31 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  
(17-08-2017 10:39 PM)JesseB Wrote:  Military? or military spouse eh? Hug Yea... that's hell right there.

My dad was a Marine, my mom Navy. US Marines taught him real good how to wage war on 3 year olds. (I have no real fondness for soldiers, but can you really blame me? I know some are ok, but I've met many more that were every bit the scum my dad was)

Still I know how hard that shit can be, I have no love of wars either. Sorry you had to endure that.

Didn't see this until just now. No, not military or military family, just plain old citizen. But my husband's only sibling lives close enough to the Twin Towers (on the 15th floor of her building) that she was shaken out of bed at the blast. And it was close to a week before she was able to get word to us. The KINDS of nightmares I started having after 9-11 changed. Hubby's "we are at war" statement at the time was his take on what he had just heard on the radio.

I was working on some senators house in west Virginia doing remodeling, I had just finished High School. My bosses name was Lincoln, I was on the back deck building shit when he came running out and he said "Hey guess what! Someone just bombed the twin towers, WE'RE GOING TO WAR!" I remember thinking how the fuck are you happy about this??!!!

I really didn't get nightmares from that. I thought about the draft a bit but... meh it wasn't something that occupied my mind too much. Since I had just tried to join the military and got denied due to lung issues I was mentally about as prepared to join as one could be I think. Guess I'm just not that gung ho like other people. I'll still do what I gotta do. That's just expected. And that's about it. IDK I give a shit about people, but it's hard to get too emotional about people you never have and never will meet. Just focus on the things I can do, the people I can help. The lives I can impact. Anything beyond that would be.... idk... emotionally devastating and more so because the inability to help.

Not sure if that makes sense at all....

You seem like a very empathetic person, even more so than me. Empathy is a fantastic gift to those who have it in abundance, however it's also a heavy burden. Hug

Big Grin