Hmm.... feelings...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-04-2017, 04:49 PM
RE: Hmm.... feelings...
I've been having panic attacks for a while, too. They suck. So so much.

I find that in the moment warm chammomile tea can help, but if it gets bad enough I need to take a Xanax. Do you take any medications for anxiety/panic attacks? Xanax is good for ending a panic attack within a few minutes, there are many other medications, usually antidepressants, that can help prevent them. Not for everyone, but it could help. It's helped me.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-04-2017, 04:54 PM
I've only had a couple so far, they're awful .
I hope you can get through this and feel better soon.
10-04-2017, 05:00 PM
This is how I feel all the time. When it gets intense it's benzo time.

Angst, often confused with anxiety, is a transcendent emotion in that it combines the unbearable anguish of life with the hopes of overcoming this seemingly impossible situation. Without the important element of hope, then the emotion is anxiety, not angst. Angst denotes the constant struggle one has with the burdens of life that weighs on the dispossessed and not knowing when the salvation will appear.

And here I thought urban dictionary was just for dirty slang. Big Grin

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
10-04-2017, 05:14 PM
(10-04-2017 04:49 PM)Loom Wrote:  I've been having panic attacks for a while, too. They suck. So so much.

I find that in the moment warm chammomile tea can help, but if it gets bad enough I need to take a Xanax. Do you take any medications for anxiety/panic attacks? Xanax is good for ending a panic attack within a few minutes, there are many other medications, usually antidepressants, that can help prevent them. Not for everyone, but it could help. It's helped me.

Doctors around here refuse to prescribe Xanax, I used to take that a long time ago on an ass needed basis, which normally is only a few times a year. It's not like this happens daily or weekly most of the time. When it does happen though I feel like I could die its fucking intense, so I know what you mean.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
10-04-2017, 05:17 PM
(10-04-2017 05:00 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  This is how I feel all the time. When it gets intense it's benzo time.

Angst, often confused with anxiety, is a transcendent emotion in that it combines the unbearable anguish of life with the hopes of overcoming this seemingly impossible situation. Without the important element of hope, then the emotion is anxiety, not angst. Angst denotes the constant struggle one has with the burdens of life that weighs on the dispossessed and not knowing when the salvation will appear.

Ha, salvation will not appear. I know this very well. Hope is a bizarre irrational belief. to quote Steven King "we're all dead, and this is hell" -The Stand

Nice read though Smile thank you

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
10-04-2017, 05:19 PM
(10-04-2017 05:17 PM)JesseB Wrote:  
(10-04-2017 05:00 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  This is how I feel all the time. When it gets intense it's benzo time.

Ha, salvation will not appear. I know this very well. Hope is a bizarre irrational belief. to quote Steven King "we're all dead, and this is hell" -The Stand

Nice read though Smile thank you

Or this could be heaven, which would kinda really suck. Big Grin

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
10-04-2017, 05:31 PM (This post was last modified: 11-04-2017 02:22 PM by Loom.)
(10-04-2017 05:14 PM)JesseB Wrote:  
(10-04-2017 04:49 PM)Loom Wrote:  I've been having panic attacks for a while, too. They suck. So so much.

Doctors around here refuse to prescribe Xanax, I used to take that a long time ago on an ass needed basis, which normally is only a few times a year. It's not like this happens daily or weekly most of the time. When it does happen though I feel like I could die its fucking intense, so I know what you mean.

I can understand they wouldn't be too eager to give out Xanax--it IS extremely addictive and dangerous if misused.

But sheesh, refuse it? Xanax was a godsend when I had what was essentially a mental breakdown.

I hope you can start feeling better and get the help you need Hug

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 1 user Likes Loom's post
11-04-2017, 11:07 AM
I think it's awesome to be able to start to identify them and to see what works to help, hopefully minimizing and lessening each time.

A therapist can help reroute neuronal paths to help redirect or avoid triggers and lessen intensities during rougher times. Not all therapists are equal though. Talk and hypno therapy are good for these.

It's great to have your friend come and visit, and pushing a bit instead of avoiding these life experiences can be better for you in the long run (of course within healthy limits and boundaries). Little bits at a time and things improve.

(Im speaking generally- always best to see professionals directly)

Hope you're starting to feel on the upswing.
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post