Hoax: What advice should one give to a dear friend?
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-03-2013, 11:51 AM (This post was last modified: 11-03-2013 01:10 AM by Peanut.)
Hoax: What advice should one give to a dear friend?

I don't watch football and I don't even know this guy that this "controversy" is surrounding. I DO know that I heard the story and said, "What the fuck?! Is he completely blinded by love and trusts too easily that he could believe anything that he was told? Or did he plan this as a publicity stunt the whole time?"

For awhile, I believed the latter. I don't trust anything that people in the public spotlight claim very easily. I think there are always ulterior motives. I thought that if he was using the story of his "girlfriend" dying of Leukemia in conjunction with the true death of his grandmother not long before to gain sympathy, then there is something seriously flawed with his moral compass.

That being said, I find I NOW have other factors that helped me to almost believe he REALLY DID BELIEVE he was in an online relationship and is now super embarrassed.

I've always been a skeptic of online personalities. I don't trust easily and I believe that people are never who they claim they are. I've never had any kind of intimate relationship with someone I met online. I have always believed it was not for me and anybody who wishes to seek a relationship with an anonymous username on the other side of the computer, on potentially the other side of the WORLD, should tread carefully. One never knows the true intentions of another.

I have witnessed first-hand someone very close to me in recent weeks fall for someone they met online Blink I told her I thought she was crazy! She doesn't know him. What if he's a serial killer? A creepy old, 650 pound man, or even a woman claiming to be a man? At first, I thought she wasn't too serious about "him." Now I see that she is falling even deeper in the intimate exchanges they've been having for the last few weeks.

I'm worried about her. She has a couple children to worry about as well. She tells me about the way he makes her feel and she really hopes that he is really who he says he is. She has promised me that she doesn't intend to meet him for a long time, let alone let him meet her kids. (At least she is thinking somewhat responsibly...)

I love her so much. She is like a sister to me and she has always behaved in a guarded manner when it involved her love life. I've never seen her open up so much to someone she barely knows. I do know that I want her to be happy but I want her to look at the future and ask herself the important questions now so that she doesn't end up regretting falling in too deep with this man she is falling for only to find he is an imposter and a fake.

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply