Hoax apple email

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-06-2017, 05:01 AM
Hoax apple email
I thought I'd share this with you guys, in case you get something similar. The spelling mistakes give it away as a hoax, but it could potentially fool some people.

Dear client,

Your Apple ID was sign in on IOS.

IP info : 128.70.158.11

Date/Time : Jun 17, 2017 17:00 (GMT+3)

We have noticed some activity on your Apple ID that has prompted us to temporarily locked your account.

To resolve this issue, please verify your account information here:
[redacted, probably harmful site]

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and we thank you for your cooperation during this process

Please STOP sharing your Apple ID

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Robvalue's post
18-06-2017, 05:07 AM
RE: Hoax apple email
(18-06-2017 05:01 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  I thought I'd share this with you guys, in case you get something similar. The spelling mistakes give it away as a hoax, but it could potentially fool some people.

Dear client,

Your Apple ID was sign in on IOS.

IP info : 128.70.158.11

Date/Time : Jun 17, 2017 17:00 (GMT+3)

We have noticed some activity on your Apple ID that has prompted us to temporarily locked your account.

[redacted, probably harmful site]

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and we thank you for your cooperation during this process

Please STOP sharing your Apple ID

> I wouldn't open a strange Email like that to begin with.
Find all posts by this user
18-06-2017, 05:16 AM
Spam filters.
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
18-06-2017, 05:39 AM

That's always a dead give away, legit sources don't sound that desperate.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
18-06-2017, 05:57 AM
(18-06-2017 05:16 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Spam filters.

I do have them on, and they're pretty good. This is the first scam email I've received in quite some time.

I just wanted to mention it to get the word out, in case anyone knows vulnerable people who aren't so tech savvy. That reminds me, I better tell certain people...

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post
18-06-2017, 06:07 AM
(18-06-2017 05:57 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  
(18-06-2017 05:16 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Spam filters.

I do have them on, and they're pretty good. This is the first scam email I've received in quite some time.

I just wanted to mention it to get the word out, in case anyone knows vulnerable people who aren't so tech savvy. That reminds me, I better tell certain people...

Wasn't implying anything. I've very happy we have them. Email would be useless without them.
18-06-2017, 06:48 AM
Well when Apple tells you they will have to "temporarily locked" your account, you had best listen to them. After all, they make it clear that time is short. Act now!

Also, Apple would do well to hire email writers for whom English is a first language. So no Americans.

These guys are as scummy as the pious frauds and other liars who use deception to advance their agenda...whatever it is. S.C.U.M.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
18-06-2017, 07:23 AM
(18-06-2017 06:07 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(18-06-2017 05:57 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  I do have them on, and they're pretty good. This is the first scam email I've received in quite some time.

Wasn't implying anything. I've very happy we have them. Email would be useless without them.

Okay cool Smile

[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post
18-06-2017, 01:08 PM
Actually IIRC I read that they do the mis-spellings and shitty English deliberately. The idea is that people who're intelligent enough to spot that stuff are not their target demographic. They don't want someone sharp clicking that link. Their ideal guy is someone who's as dumb as a box of rocks and has some cash. Sending emails is practically free so even one hit is a payoff. It can happen. I had a friend who ended up helping an old lady who was ready to sell her house to facilitate some dodgy transaction that she was convinced needed to take place.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
18-06-2017, 03:22 PM
Yesterday I got 5 messages on my land line answering machine about this same sort of thing. Apple...IP address...don't use internet until you contact our tech team....cloud account jeopardized and a phone number to call.

I don't have a cloud account and the robot voice was cheezy. Surely, I thought, Apple would do better than that...

But...the message was probably enough to scare people into calling.

"The Ox is slow, but the Earth is patient."