Hobbies I Just Don't Get

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-11-2016, 05:14 AM
RE: Hobbies I Just Don't Get
I can't imagine people putting lightbulbs up their butt.

Oh hang on. I just said it!

ARGGGHHHHHH my eyes!!!!!!!

The mental image. Gasp

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-11-2016, 05:14 AM
(29-11-2016 06:48 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(29-11-2016 09:26 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I once collected roosters, because (and I'm not kidding) it was funny to say I'm surrounded by cocks. But some family members...took it a little too seriously.

But I was more like, if I found something interesting. Or folk arty...great...but I wasn't looking for the shit all the time and no way was I going into debt. But the extended family really killed the fun -- I ended up with a set of bowls with roosters on them, kitchen towels, salt and pepper shakers...I liked roosters but I don't want every piece of crap out there just because it's shaped like a rooster or has a tooster on it. Dodgy

When we moved, I finally purged most of it from my life and was happy to do it.

My daughter's grandmother-in-law had a couple of things in her apartment that were rooster themed. She also then got everything rooster themed that anyone could find. Roosters for every occasion to the point of it being ridiculous. When they moved her into a home she finally admitted that she was sick of the roosters when her daughter tried to bring a couple into her room. What started as a couple interesting pieces to her became a nightmare.

OH come on.... We KNOW why you'd collect those......

Just so you could loudly proclaim in the store ----

"I just HAVE to get that COCK!!!!"

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
30-11-2016, 05:19 AM
Is this an In flames fan page?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
03-01-2017, 02:27 PM
I do beadwork: beaded belts, beaded jewelry, etc. Looking gorgeous and helping with depression.
[+] 2 users Like Alex222's post
07-01-2017, 07:00 PM
(29-11-2016 10:20 AM)ukatheist Wrote:  Nah, I don't really understand the fascination with shoes, or handbags for that matter.

Agreed. I have one purse. It's functional, and I use it with every 'outfit' whether it matches or not. It happens to be a Dooney and Bourke, but that was accidental. My boss's daughter was selling $1 raffle tickets to raffle off designer purses that had been donated. I bought 2 tickets to help out the charity, and because by $15 Target purse was getting worn. I had never even heard of the brand before! As far as shoes, I have my running shoes, my work clogs, rain/snow boots, flip flops, and a pair of dress flats.
07-01-2017, 07:05 PM
Listening to atheist podcasts. Man, what a weird thing to do. I must be a weird person. Blink

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
07-01-2017, 07:09 PM
I don't get gardening. I mean, the end result is pretty, but to get it, you have to dig around in the dirt when it's hot outside and remember to water the damn things. My philosophy when I want plants is

1. Ask the nursery which are hardest to kill
2. Wait until it's not stupid hot outside
3. Dig the hole, plant it, water it, maybe spread some fertilizer if I remembered to get any
4. Wish it well and interact with it as little as possible. Most don't make it.

I do have hydrangeas and ferns that have survived 2 seasons. Waiting to see if they come up next season.

I have tried in the past to do everything right with indoor and outdoor plants, and actually care for them, but it makes little difference.
07-01-2017, 07:23 PM
Hey a thoughtfully implemented garden can save a lot of money Tongue. Plus I like having options when the zombies come.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
07-01-2017, 07:31 PM
(29-11-2016 10:13 PM)skyking Wrote:  
(29-11-2016 09:09 AM)Fireball Wrote:  The first isn't something you could use for combat- too heavy. The second looks pretty cool, a lot more so than my $9 Swiss Army knife.

I have dozens of sharp-edged chisels, knives and gouges that I use for wood carving. They are different shapes to facilitate the work. Some people at the carving class give me grief, but that's just jealousy, near as I can tell. I built a custom chest to store and transport them. I wouldn't call it a collection, though. Collections are for just looking at, yes?
In that same way I have some old planes that are sharp and functional. I used the #8 Bailey the other day to straighten out a piece of ash before slicing it in the table saw.
[Image: IMG_20161106_144201_zpshmalpx9h.jpg]
Functional and looks great hanging on the wall, if I ever get that project done Smile

I have a couple old planes that belonged to one of my grandfathers. He was a master carpenter by trade when he was still in Germany. Not sure if they would still work but they do look cool along with other old tools of his and dad's. One of my favorite pieces is a very old scythe hanging on the garage wall.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
07-01-2017, 07:39 PM
(29-11-2016 09:19 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I was watching the Sunday Morning Show on CBS a few weeks ago and they had these guys who collected washing machines. That's right, washing machines.

This is really funny. Laugh out load

This is hysterical!! I love how much joy these men get out of watching laundry washing.

Big Grin

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]