Hobbit Girl, how's parenthood???????

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-01-2015, 06:32 PM
Hobbit Girl, how's parenthood???????
I see you posting once in a while. How's your baby? How are you? How is every little ol' thing?

What was the most surprising thing about becoming a mom?

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
20-01-2015, 09:57 PM
RE: Hobbit Girl, how's parenthood???????
It's pretty stinkin awesome so far! Little Hobbit has been sleeping really well at night, usually about a 6 to 7 hour stretch. She's also discovered her voice, rolling, toys, sitting up and her feet... all of which are the most exciting things on the planet (apparently). It's been so much fun watching her discover herself and the world around her.

I think so far the most surprising things are how much I enjoy being a stay at home mom. Also discovering the intensity in which you can love someone. She's my world.
[+] 13 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
20-01-2015, 11:19 PM
(20-01-2015 09:57 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  It's pretty stinkin awesome so far! Little Hobbit has been sleeping really well at night, usually about a 6 to 7 hour stretch. She's also discovered her voice, rolling, toys, sitting up and her feet... all of which are the most exciting things on the planet (apparently). It's been so much fun watching her discover herself and the world around her.

I think so far the most surprising things are how much I enjoy being a stay at home mom. Also discovering the intensity in which you can love someone. She's my world.

Perhaps I should have sent you a PM instead but I think everyone wanted to know how things were going with you and your little baby.

That was something that amazed me when I became a mom. You just don't love the new baby, you are in love with the baby.

How's the daddy doing?

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
21-01-2015, 12:00 AM
There's some Chinese babies that pee when their parents blow a little whistle.
You should look into that, it'd be a hilarious party trick.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
21-01-2015, 12:58 AM
Thanks for asking the question because I did not know Hobbitgirl was a new parent. I used to think being a parent was the best job in the world but I was wrong. Being a grandparent is far better. Smile Congrats, hobbitgirl, enjoy the next 18-20 years realizing that it gets even better when your child has children.
[+] 1 user Likes Black Eagle's post
21-01-2015, 12:59 AM
Things look like there are absolutely going well for HobbitElder.

I should know; my facebook is constantly getting spammed by baby photos. Dodgy

Strangely enough, in half of them, Breelezub looks terribly perplexed... Consider

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
21-01-2015, 01:41 AM
(20-01-2015 11:19 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(20-01-2015 09:57 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  It's pretty stinkin awesome so far! Little Hobbit has been sleeping really well at night, usually about a 6 to 7 hour stretch. She's also discovered her voice, rolling, toys, sitting up and her feet... all of which are the most exciting things on the planet (apparently). It's been so much fun watching her discover herself and the world around her.

Perhaps I should have sent you a PM instead but I think everyone wanted to know how things were going with you and your little baby.

That was something that amazed me when I became a mom. You just don't love the new baby, you are in love with the baby.

How's the daddy doing?

He is doing good too. He's taken on the daddy role with great enthusiasm. However he thinks it's funny to joke about having another one.... O.o
21-01-2015, 01:42 AM
(21-01-2015 12:59 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Things look like there are absolutely going well for HobbitElder.

Strangely enough, in half of them, Breelezub looks terribly perplexed... Consider

Oh she's adorable and you know you enjoy every second of it! Tongue
21-01-2015, 04:34 AM
(21-01-2015 01:42 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(21-01-2015 12:59 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Things look like there are absolutely going well for HobbitElder.

Oh she's adorable and you know you enjoy every second of it! Tongue

Oh please; you know I'm too curmudgeonly to enjoy such things.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
21-01-2015, 07:33 AM
(20-01-2015 11:19 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Perhaps I should have sent you a PM instead but I think everyone wanted to know how things were going with you and your little baby.

I like to see it. Since I've had two kids of my own, I appreciate other parents and other kids a lot more.