Hobbit movie release.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-03-2013, 08:18 PM
RE: Hobbit movie release.
(21-03-2013 10:39 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Tolkien knew what he was doing. Jackson doesn't need to play with it so much. Outside of that its cute. Worth adding to the collection.
Peter Fucking Jackson went waaaaaaaaay beyond 'playing with it'. Angry

He fucking disrespected it. If I ever have the opportunity, I will kick him in the balls.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-03-2013, 09:32 PM
(21-03-2013 10:39 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  It is alright. Not nearly as good as the LOTR movies. And I get annoyed with how PJ likes to pull things from the appendices and makes up random shit to "fill" the movie. I knew it would happen when they announced Making 3 films, they only needed 2. Also don't get me started on radagast. Lol

Tolkien knew what he was doing. Jackson doesn't need to play with it so much. Outside of that its cute. Worth adding to the collection.
I am with you on that 'way too damn long' section on Radagast, I thought I was having some sort of acid flashback. I almost turned it off at that point. Gollum showing up saved it for me. I am not fond of young Bilbo. Thorin is a good looking guy...the rest of the dwarves are too cartoony for my taste. Will see what the other two movies are like, just cause I have that much OCD in my nature.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
21-03-2013, 09:43 PM
(21-03-2013 08:18 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(21-03-2013 10:39 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Tolkien knew what he was doing. Jackson doesn't need to play with it so much. Outside of that its cute. Worth adding to the collection.
Peter Fucking Jackson went waaaaaaaaay beyond 'playing with it'. Angry

He fucking disrespected it. If I ever have the opportunity, I will kick him in the balls.
I know Jackson took liberties with LOTR, but I still enjoy a marathon now and then, although I prefer one and three, two was just filler for the most part. If the Hobbit doesn't improve I may be jumping on the "I hate Peter Jackson" bandwagon. I was pretty disappointed in the first one. It was weird at times and boring at times. Some of the special effects were not so great. I think he got lazy and is depending on the popularity of LOTR to pull this off.

I predict the other two movies will go swiftly to DVD.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
24-03-2013, 11:59 AM
I'm logged into the secret screen with the code I got to watch the sneak peek at the next movie. About an hour to go....

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
24-03-2013, 12:25 PM
A sneak peak and there's still an hour to go?!?!?!?!

24-03-2013, 12:27 PM
(24-03-2013 11:59 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I'm logged into the secret screen with the code I got to watch the sneak peek at the next movie. About an hour to go....

Why would you want to undergo such torture? Blink

24-03-2013, 12:30 PM
(24-03-2013 12:27 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(24-03-2013 11:59 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I'm logged into the secret screen with the code I got to watch the sneak peek at the next movie. About an hour to go....

Why would you want to undergo such torture? Blink
Well I'm excited for one!

Secondly I sent him a question I'm hoping he'll answer.

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
24-03-2013, 12:43 PM
I saw the hobbit, and I liked it. I read some of the prelogue from the hobbit, and thats it. Anyway, Peter Jackson made 3 movies out of lord of the rings. The hobbit is a much smaller book, and is making 3 movies out of it. I wonder how these next two will be.

“You just go where your high-top sneakers sneak, and don't forget to use your head.”
24-03-2013, 12:50 PM
(24-03-2013 12:43 PM)CaffinatedPuppy Wrote:  I saw the hobbit, and I liked it. I read some of the prelogue from the hobbit, and thats it. Anyway, Peter Jackson made 3 movies out of lord of the rings. The hobbit is a much smaller book, and is making 3 movies out of it. I wonder how these next two will be.
Honestly it was a huge mistake for him to make it into 3 films. 2 would have been enough and he wouldnt have had to pull stuff out of appendices and make shit up as fillers if he left it at two.

You really should read the book. It is -far- superior to the movies.

24-03-2013, 01:05 PM
(24-03-2013 12:50 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  You really should read the book. It is -far- superior to the movies.

And that's a massive understatement. Drinking Beverage