Hobbitgirl - I Challenge You To A Debate On Eugenics

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-01-2013, 05:40 PM
RE: Hobbitgirl - I Challenge You To A Debate On Eugenics
(12-01-2013 03:17 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(12-01-2013 03:01 PM)Refuting_Ignorance_Every_Day Wrote:  Not sure if sarcastic or not....
[Image: th?id=H.4705743090550646&pid=1.9]
Answer in words.

Cool story, bro. Drinking Beverage
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-01-2013, 05:50 PM
"The detectors are down Captain! But the warp drive is online." -Scotty

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
Find all posts by this user
12-01-2013, 05:54 PM
(11-01-2013 05:23 PM)Refuting_Ignorance_Every_Day Wrote:  You mentioned how you worked with people with developmental disabilities, and you were disgusted by the fact that I support the sterilization of "feeble-minded" people.
I challenge you to a debate on eugenics and the ethical measures for it.
Here's my argument for sterilization:
Although IQ isn't 100 percent hereditary, I still support the sterilization of feeble-minded people.
IQ is partly determined by living conditions as a young child, and people with low IQ's generally raise their children in similar conditions, therefore repeating this disgusting process. Why not prevent this from happening by simply sterilizing these dumb fucks?
Do you accept?
Carl Sagan's parents
His father, Sam Sagan, was an immigrant garment worker from Russia, in today's Ukraine. His mother, Rachel Molly Gruber, was a housewife from New York.

Nikola Tesla's parents
His father, Milutin Tesla, was a priest of the Serbian Orthodox Church. Tesla's mother, Đuka Tesla (née Mandić), whose father was also a Serbian Orthodox priest.

Sterilize the "dumb fucks" and you run the risk of annihilating a new generation of possible scientists. Often IQ doesn't matter it is what you do with your mind that does.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 3 users Like fstratzero's post
12-01-2013, 06:00 PM
(12-01-2013 05:40 PM)Refuting_Ignorance_Every_Day Wrote:  
(12-01-2013 03:17 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  [Image: th?id=H.4705743090550646&pid=1.9]
Answer in words.
Exactly how many post did you contribute to this argument besides your first?

[Image: vjp09.gif]
12-01-2013, 06:24 PM
(12-01-2013 06:00 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(12-01-2013 05:40 PM)Refuting_Ignorance_Every_Day Wrote:  Answer in words.
Exactly how many post did you contribute to this argument besides your first?
Those goddamned Oregonians hijacked this thread and took it off-topic.

12-01-2013, 06:25 PM
(12-01-2013 07:50 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(11-01-2013 07:32 PM)Aspchizo Wrote:  I bet I can win this debate with one name.

Ludwig van Beethoven.

What if we could determine exactly how each possible child a person could have? what if some people's potential children all had some problems?
Would it be better to prevent their birth?

What if we had done this back in the day? We would be in a world without Beethoven.

No, you seem to be referring to the bullshit anti-abortion Beethoven meme.

Completely debunked.

Oh. I thought he was referring to Beethoven having been born a child prodigy but growing up in fairly mediocre surroundings. His mom was ill much of the time - possibly syphilis which she may have passed on to her children - and his father was a regular court musician of little note. Beethoven never left his little village until his late teens and not long after he did, he had to return to attend to his mom's death and run the household because his father had become an alcoholic - some say "raging alcoholic" but that might be relevant to today's standards.

So, RIED's notion that greatness can not come from "feeble minded" surroundings is uh.... what's the word.... bullshit. Shy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
12-01-2013, 06:34 PM
(12-01-2013 06:25 PM)kim Wrote:  
(12-01-2013 07:50 AM)Chas Wrote:  No, you seem to be referring to the bullshit anti-abortion Beethoven meme.

Completely debunked.

Oh. I thought he was referring to Beethoven having been born a child prodigy but growing up in fairly mediocre surroundings. His mom was ill much of the time - possibly syphilis which she may have passed on to her children - and his father was a regular court musician of little note. Beethoven never left his little village until his late teens and not long after he did, he had to return to attend to his mom's death and run the household because his father had become an alcoholic - some say "raging alcoholic" but that might be relevant to today's standards.

So, RIED's notion that greatness can not come from "feeble minded" surroundings is uh.... what's the word.... bullshit. Shy
My sperm donor (father) was a raging alcoholic. That whole side of my family is. I dont speak to them, Yet I'm glad no one sterilized him because I wouldnt be here.

Now I'm nothing great. But people come from imperfect situations. Where do we draw the line for "ideal"?

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
12-01-2013, 06:37 PM
(12-01-2013 06:34 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(12-01-2013 06:25 PM)kim Wrote:  Oh. I thought he was referring to Beethoven having been born a child prodigy but growing up in fairly mediocre surroundings. His mom was ill much of the time - possibly syphilis which she may have passed on to her children - and his father was a regular court musician of little note. Beethoven never left his little village until his late teens and not long after he did, he had to return to attend to his mom's death and run the household because his father had become an alcoholic - some say "raging alcoholic" but that might be relevant to today's standards.

My sperm donor (father) was a raging alcoholic. That whole side of my family is. I dont speak to them, Yet I'm glad no one sterilized him because I wouldnt be here.

Now I'm nothing great. But people come from imperfect situations. Where do we draw the line for "ideal"?
I guess what I'm -trying- to say is do you think I'm spawn and unworthy of life because my father had a "feeble" issue?

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
12-01-2013, 07:12 PM
You're taking the famous people. The implemention of such a program would prevent the births of people who'd most likely live horrible lives.
Most of the troublemakers and bullies at my school have IQ scores that are below average.
They make life terrible for the administrators.
In my opinion, we shouldn't allow people like them to reproduce and continue this horrid cycle.
I also think that sending them to a separate school would be a good option.

12-01-2013, 07:19 PM
(12-01-2013 07:12 PM)Refuting_Ignorance_Every_Day Wrote:  You're taking the famous people. The implemention of such a program would prevent the births of people who'd most likely live horrible lives.
Most of the troublemakers and bullies at my school have IQ scores that are below average.
They make life terrible for the administrators.
In my opinion, we shouldn't allow people like them to reproduce and continue this horrid cycle.
I also think that sending them to a separate school would be a good option.
I'm not talking about famous people. I'm talking about myself.

Like I said. My father was a raging alcoholic.

I had a fantastic childhood for the most part, I have for the most part never been a bully and my IQ is above average (I don't put a lot of stock in those tests however)

So.....I should be segregated from society by your logic. Consider