Hobbitgirl - I Challenge You To A Debate On Eugenics

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-01-2013, 07:20 PM
RE: Hobbitgirl - I Challenge You To A Debate On Eugenics
Life is rarely black and white hun.

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
12-01-2013, 07:28 PM
I also read in one of your posts that you have Aspergers. This would place you in your own "feeble" category. Do you think you have the right to the same rights as everyone else?

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
12-01-2013, 07:30 PM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2013 07:35 PM by Refuting_Ignorance_Every_Day.)
(12-01-2013 07:19 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(12-01-2013 07:12 PM)Refuting_Ignorance_Every_Day Wrote:  You're taking the famous people. The implemention of such a program would prevent the births of people who'd most likely live horrible lives.
Most of the troublemakers and bullies at my school have IQ scores that are below average.
They make life terrible for the administrators.
In my opinion, we shouldn't allow people like them to reproduce and continue this horrid cycle.
I also think that sending them to a separate school would be a good option.
I'm not talking about famous people. I'm talking about myself.

Like I said. My father was a raging alcoholic.

I had a fantastic childhood for the most part, I have for the most part never been a bully and my IQ is above average (I don't put a lot of stock in those tests however)

So.....I should be segregated from society by your logic. Consider
I said 'below average'. Most of the people who fall in that category are to the degree of stupidity that would annoy you to the point in which you'd resort to the extreme.action.of slamming your head into a brick wall in order to escape it.
I think that they SHOULD be sent to their own schools so that intellectuals WON'T be around them.
I have an IQ in the 130 range. I don't suffer from arrogance.
I have two honors and two advanced classes (out of seven classes, with four bring academic courses and three being electives), and a GPA of four (with high IQ people, grades are solely determination, as comprehension is easy).
EDIT: My father is also in the 130 range on the IQ scale.
However, since I displayed more severe symptoms of Asperger's Syndrome when it was conducted, I believe that I could potentially score much higher.

Cool story, bro. Drinking Beverage
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Refuting_Ignorance_Every_Day's post
12-01-2013, 07:34 PM
How would you feel about people being sterilised who have aspergers syndrome?

Weeding out those unwanted genetic traits?

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
12-01-2013, 07:38 PM
(12-01-2013 07:30 PM)Refuting_Ignorance_Every_Day Wrote:  
(12-01-2013 07:19 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I'm not talking about famous people. I'm talking about myself.

Like I said. My father was a raging alcoholic.

I had a fantastic childhood for the most part, I have for the most part never been a bully and my IQ is above average (I don't put a lot of stock in those tests however)

So.....I should be segregated from society by your logic. Consider
I said 'below average'. Most of the people who fall in that category are to the degree of stupidity that would annoy you to the point in which you'd resort to the extreme.action.of slamming your head into a brick wall in order to escape it.
I think that they SHOULD be sent to their own schools so that intellectuals WON'T be around them.
I have two honors and two advanced classes (out of seven classes, with four bring academic courses and three being electives), and a GPA of four (with high IQ people, grades are solely determination, as comprehension is easy).
Yet you have aspergers. Thats a neurodevelopment disorder. Which would make you "inferior" genetic coding. Which puts you in your category for sterilization. Intelligent or not.

It's important to expose yourself to people who are not the same as you. It builds compassion and understanding. I've learned a lot from taking care of people with developmental and physical disorders (people with aspergers being among them)

12-01-2013, 07:39 PM
Asperger's Syndrome isn't genetic, though.
We just don't know what its origin, though.
I'll give you access to my school library's resource website.
It'll give you access to scientific journals, magazines, newspapers, encyclopedias, and much more. Big Grin
Nice try, though!

12-01-2013, 07:43 PM
(12-01-2013 07:39 PM)Refuting_Ignorance_Every_Day Wrote:  Asperger's Syndrome isn't genetic, though.
It'll give you access to scientific journals, magazines, newspapers, encyclopedias, and much more. Big Grin
Nice try, though!
Brain structural abnormalities are the common opinion at this time. And they do suspect that it is genetic.

This is from the National institute of Neurological disorders and stroke.

"Scientists have long suspected that there are genetic and environmental components to Asperger syndrome and the other ASDs because of their tendency to run in families and their high concordance in twins. Additional evidence for the link between inherited genetic mutations and AS was observed in the higher incidence of family members who have behavioral symptoms similar to AS but in a more limited form, including slight difficulties with social interaction, language, or reading. "

12-01-2013, 07:45 PM
(12-01-2013 07:43 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(12-01-2013 07:39 PM)Refuting_Ignorance_Every_Day Wrote:  Asperger's Syndrome isn't genetic, though.
Nice try, though!
Brain structural abnormalities are the common opinion at this time. And they do suspect that it is genetic.

This is from the National institute of Neurological disorders and stroke.

"Scientists have long suspected that there are genetic and environmental components to Asperger syndrome and the other ASDs because of their tendency to run in families and their high concordance in twins. Additional evidence for the link between inherited genetic mutations and AS was observed in the higher incidence of family members who have behavioral symptoms similar to AS but in a more limited form, including slight difficulties with social interaction, language, or reading. "
I can also introduce you to families I work with more than one person who has it if you'd like Smile

12-01-2013, 07:47 PM
(12-01-2013 07:12 PM)Refuting_Ignorance_Every_Day Wrote:  You're taking the famous people. The implemention of such a program would prevent the births of people who'd most likely live horrible lives.
Most of the troublemakers and bullies at my school have IQ scores that are below average.
They make life terrible for the administrators.
In my opinion, we shouldn't allow people like them to reproduce and continue this horrid cycle.
I also think that sending them to a separate school would be a good option.

You can get rid of all the people you want but then, you would never learn how to deal with people like that when you run across them.

(12-01-2013 07:30 PM)Refuting_Ignorance_Every_Day Wrote:  I said 'below average'. Most of the people who fall in that category are to the degree of stupidity that would annoy you to the point in which you'd resort to the extreme.action.of slamming your head into a brick wall in order to escape it.

If you expect others to learn from your example - which you should Thumbsup - maybe you should expect to also learn some things from them.

Chill. They are probably having as much difficulty dealing with your smarty pants shit while also trying to keep their parents off their backs for doing crap in their studies.

And also chill... people are different. They react to shit in different ways. Angry Tongue Sadcryface2 Dodgy Blush Ohmy Shy Hobo Unsure It's why we have all these icons, retard. Shocking Laughat

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
12-01-2013, 07:48 PM
(12-01-2013 07:38 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(12-01-2013 07:30 PM)Refuting_Ignorance_Every_Day Wrote:  I said 'below average'. Most of the people who fall in that category are to the degree of stupidity that would annoy you to the point in which you'd resort to the extreme.action.of slamming your head into a brick wall in order to escape it.
Yet you have aspergers. Thats a neurodevelopment disorder. Which would make you "inferior" genetic coding. Which puts you in your category for sterilization. Intelligent or not.

It's important to expose yourself to people who are not the same as you. It builds compassion and understanding. I've learned a lot from taking care of people with developmental and physical disorders (people with aspergers being among them)
I don't even think that "Asperger's Syndrome" necessarily exists. The behaviors of those afflicted vary so drastically.
The diagnosis covers such a broad category...

[+] 1 user Likes Refuting_Ignorance_Every_Day's post