Hobbitgirl - I Challenge You To A Debate On Eugenics

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-01-2013, 06:41 PM
RE: Hobbitgirl - I Challenge You To A Debate On Eugenics
(11-01-2013 06:35 PM)Logisch Wrote:  
(11-01-2013 06:31 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Oregon actually practiced sterilization until the mid 80s. Shameful
Seriously??? I was unaware of that.
http://www.uvm.edu/~lkaelber/eugenics/OR/OR.html

One of the things you sadly know when you work in my field. Sad

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-01-2013, 07:00 PM
I'd like to ask REID what, exactly, he means by "feeble-minded" people. What, exactly, do you mean my "feeble-minded" people?

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
[+] 2 users Like Logica Humano's post
11-01-2013, 07:09 PM
(11-01-2013 06:31 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Oregon actually practiced sterilization until the mid 80s. Shameful

It did. Just another reson I wish we'd never moved here. But in its defense, Oregon still isn't in this century either. Medically speaking they're still in the 80s and I'm being generous with that. So, really it's typical that they would continue a deplorable idea long after it was denounced by nearly everyone else.

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

11-01-2013, 07:12 PM
(11-01-2013 07:09 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  

It did. Just another reson I wish we'd never moved here. But in its defense, Oregon still isn't in this century either. Medically speaking they're still in the 80s and I'm being generous with that. So, really it's typical that they would continue a deplorable idea long after it was denounced by nearly everyone else.
It could be worse. We could be in the south....

On a more positive note its nice to see Oregonians in here. Smile

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
11-01-2013, 07:24 PM
(11-01-2013 07:12 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(11-01-2013 07:09 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  It did. Just another reson I wish we'd never moved here. But in its defense, Oregon still isn't in this century either. Medically speaking they're still in the 80s and I'm being generous with that. So, really it's typical that they would continue a deplorable idea long after it was denounced by nearly everyone else.

Central OR here. I saw that mom is also. There's a few more (members of our local Atheist group) but they mostly lurk and don't post.
11-01-2013, 07:25 PM
(11-01-2013 07:24 PM)Logisch Wrote:  
(11-01-2013 07:12 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  It could be worse. We could be in the south....

Central OR here. I saw that mom is also. There's a few more (members of our local Atheist group) but they mostly lurk and don't post.
I went to highschool in Central OR. Live in the valley now. I got out of there as fast as I could. hehe.

11-01-2013, 07:27 PM
(11-01-2013 07:12 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(11-01-2013 07:09 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  It did. Just another reson I wish we'd never moved here. But in its defense, Oregon still isn't in this century either. Medically speaking they're still in the 80s and I'm being generous with that. So, really it's typical that they would continue a deplorable idea long after it was denounced by nearly everyone else.

My neighbors say I'm not an Oregonian. I'm, to them, 'that chick from Cali." we've been here since 2004. I guess after 20+ years (if we don't move back to California) we'll get our official Oregonian cards. Lmao.

That said you're completely right!!!
Hugs

11-01-2013, 07:32 PM
(11-01-2013 07:25 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(11-01-2013 07:24 PM)Logisch Wrote:  Central OR here. I saw that mom is also. There's a few more (members of our local Atheist group) but they mostly lurk and don't post.
I went to highschool in Central OR. Live in the valley now. I got out of there as fast as I could. hehe.

I'm up near Portland.

(11-01-2013 07:27 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(11-01-2013 07:12 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  It could be worse. We could be in the south....

My neighbors say I'm not an Oregonian. I'm, to them, 'that chick from Cali." we've been here since 2004. I guess after 20+ years (if we don't move back to California) we'll get our official Oregonian cards. Lmao.

That said you're completely right!!!
Hugs

Oh if I had a dollar for every time I've heard someone make a slur against anyone out of state (especially the cali stuff).. it gets so old to me and I fail to see why it's a problem. But haters gonna hate haha. I love the Oregon cards line, haha that's great.
I bet I can win this debate with one name.

Ludwig van Beethoven.

What if we could determine exactly how each possible child a person could have? what if some people's potential children all had some problems?
Would it be better to prevent their birth?

What if we had done this back in the day? We would be in a world without Beethoven.

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

[+] 1 user Likes Adenosis's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Has the internet ruined honest debate? Buddy Christ 15 1,352 27-05-2012 03:22 AM
Last Post: DeepThought