Hobby Lobby - Obey the Law or Gods Law.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-01-2016, 11:36 PM
Hobby Lobby - Obey the Law or Gods Law.
Found this article regarding the company Hobby Lobby. They've been in the news in the past over being bigots on gay rights. And stood along side Chick-fella when it came to not hiring them. Because their Christians. I I've always felt like it was a cop out saying such a thing. Essentially what is being said is "Oh I don't have to follow your rules because the people I hang with don't think those rules applie to us."

A sum up of the articale is The owner of Hobby Lobby is talking about closing his doors because he would have to offer the health care program that would offer the day after pill to their employees.

He feels as a Christian he shouldn't have to offer his employees this option. If he doesn't however he will be fine a tremendous amount 1.3mill a day until the demand if fulfilled.

He feels that Gods laws Trump government laws.

Here's what the Bible has to say about abortions.

The priest shall say unto the woman, The LORD make thee a curse and an oath among thy people, when the LORD doth make thy thigh to rot, and thy belly to swell. And this water that causeth the curse shall go into thy bowels, to make thy belly to swell, and thy thigh to rot: And the woman shall say, Amen, amen. ...
And when he hath made her to drink the water, then it shall come to pass, that, if she be defiled, and have done trespass against her husband, that the water that causeth the curse shall enter into her, and become bitter, and her belly shall swell, and her thigh shall rot: and the woman shall be a curse among her people. And if the woman be not defiled, but be clean; then she shall be free, and shall conceive seed
. -- Numbers 5:21-21, 27-28

And Moses said unto them, Have ye saved all the women alive? ... Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. -- Numbers 31:15-17

Give them, O LORD: what wilt thou give? give them a miscarrying womb and dry breasts. -- Hosea 9:14

Yea, though they bring forth, yet will I slay even the beloved fruit of their womb. -- Hosea 9:16

Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up. -- Hosea 13:16

He's taking it to court hoping to wesle out of the law. He talks about how he built the company from his garage, with little to no money. How they close the doors early so people can get home to their families as well as keeping the store closed on Sundays.

Instead he will probably close all their stores putting thousands of employees out of work. All because he doesn't think god approves over personal choice.

Hobby Lobby May Close ~ http://gopthedailydose.com/2014/01/24/ho...41-states/

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-01-2016, 12:01 AM
RE: Hobby Lobby - Obey the Law or Gods Law.
"The government cannot force you to follow laws that go against your fundamental religious belief. They have exempted thousands of companies but will not except Christian organizations including the Catholic church."

Oh fuck off, what an entitled jackass... Dodgy

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
04-01-2016, 02:58 AM
Didn't SCOTUS rule on this over a year ago?
04-01-2016, 08:02 AM
I used to pick up a couple of things from those bozos. (bulk paraffin mainly).

They're assholes.

I took my business elsewhere.

Fuck 'em.... GO out of business. Crawl back into the hole they came out of.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
04-01-2016, 08:32 AM
He should close his stores. The other hobby/craft stores will pick up the slack in customers and employees. He does not have to go against he beliefs, he can sell or close. Works for me.

What he doesn't get to do is force his religion on his employees, they have rights. He can suck it!

We'll see if his religious integrity stands the test.

I don't know the bible but doesn't jebus say in there somewhere that people should follow the law of the land?

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 2 users Like Heatheness's post
04-01-2016, 09:59 AM
(04-01-2016 08:32 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  He should close his stores. The other hobby/craft stores will pick up the slack in customers and employees. He does not have to go against he beliefs, he can sell or close. Works for me.

What he doesn't get to do is force his religion on his employees, they have rights. He can suck it!

We'll see if his religious integrity stands the test.

I don't know the bible but doesn't jebus say in there somewhere that people should follow the law of the land?

Mark 12:17
And Jesus answering said unto them, Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's. And they marveled at him.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
04-01-2016, 05:11 PM (This post was last modified: 04-01-2016 05:41 PM by GirlyMan.)
post aborted.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
04-01-2016, 05:53 PM (This post was last modified: 04-01-2016 05:57 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(03-01-2016 11:36 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Found this article regarding the company Hobby Lobby. They've been in the news in the past over being bigots on gay rights. And stood along side Chick-fella when it came to not hiring them. Because their Christians. I I've always felt like it was a cop out saying such a thing. Essentially what is being said is "Oh I don't have to follow your rules because the people I hang with don't think those rules applie to us."

A sum up of the articale is The owner of Hobby Lobby is talking about closing his doors because he would have to offer the health care program that would offer the day after pill to their employees.

He feels as a Christian he shouldn't have to offer his employees this option. If he doesn't however he will be fine a tremendous amount 1.3mill a day until the demand if fulfilled.

The priest shall say unto the woman, The LORD make thee a curse and an oath among thy people, when the LORD doth make thy thigh to rot, and thy belly to swell. And this water that causeth the curse shall go into thy bowels, to make thy belly to swell, and thy thigh to rot: And the woman shall say, Amen, amen. ...
And when he hath made her to drink the water, then it shall come to pass, that, if she be defiled, and have done trespass against her husband, that the water that causeth the curse shall enter into her, and become bitter, and her belly shall swell, and her thigh shall rot: and the woman shall be a curse among her people. And if the woman be not defiled, but be clean; then she shall be free, and shall conceive seed

And Moses said unto them, Have ye saved all the women alive? ... Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. -- Numbers 31:15-17

Give them, O LORD: what wilt thou give? give them a miscarrying womb and dry breasts. -- Hosea 9:14

Yea, though they bring forth, yet will I slay even the beloved fruit of their womb. -- Hosea 9:16

Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up. -- Hosea 13:16

He's taking it to court hoping to wesle out of the law. He talks about how he built the company from his garage, with little to no money. How they close the doors early so people can get home to their families as well as keeping the store closed on Sundays.

Instead he will probably close all their stores putting thousands of employees out of work. All because he doesn't think god approves over personal choice.

I thought the "old law" went out with Jesus ? So he(I presume) made his wife : Leviticus 15:29 "On the eighth day she must take two doves or two young pigeons and bring them to the priest at the entrance to the tent of meeting." when her peiod was done.
Facepalm

"What's good for the goose" ... if he thinks he can impose his book's law, then so can any Muslim. So .... he's for Sharia Law too ?

Idiot

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
04-01-2016, 07:08 PM
(04-01-2016 05:53 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(03-01-2016 11:36 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Found this article regarding the company Hobby Lobby. They've been in the news in the past over being bigots on gay rights. And stood along side Chick-fella when it came to not hiring them. Because their Christians. I I've always felt like it was a cop out saying such a thing. Essentially what is being said is "Oh I don't have to follow your rules because the people I hang with don't think those rules applie to us."

I thought the "old law" went out with Jesus ? So he(I presume) made his wife : Leviticus 15:29 "On the eighth day she must take two doves or two young pigeons and bring them to the priest at the entrance to the tent of meeting." when her peiod was done.
Facepalm

"What's good for the goose" ... if he thinks he can impose his book's law, then so can any Muslim. So .... he's for Sharia Law too ?

Idiot

"What is sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander." Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-01-2016, 10:35 PM (This post was last modified: 04-01-2016 10:40 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(04-01-2016 07:08 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(04-01-2016 05:53 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I thought the "old law" went out with Jesus ? So he(I presume) made his wife : Leviticus 15:29 "On the eighth day she must take two doves or two young pigeons and bring them to the priest at the entrance to the tent of meeting." when her peiod was done.
Facepalm

Idiot

"What is sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander." Drinking Beverage

I never hear it that ways. But as you may know, we disadvantaged folk sorta get our sayings wrong. Tongue
Uno momento, but the statue of limitations is not worst than the next, and I only said that on accident, for all intensive purposes, but I done good to extract revenge due to my Old Timer's Disease, and I'm sure you will give me leadway with this, and when I axe you for mercy, you guyses will be nice to me, irregardless of my conversating style. I hope you will let me off Scotch free on this, since I made a 360 degree change in my life in the new year. If not, I will curl up in the feeble position in my angry faze, as you home in on my faults. Your almost as mean as my brother in laws. Angel

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post