Hobby Lobby - Obey the Law or Gods Law.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-01-2016, 09:12 AM
RE: Hobby Lobby - Obey the Law or Gods Law.
(04-01-2016 02:58 AM)pablo Wrote:  Didn't SCOTUS rule on this over a year ago?

I believe that Scrotum did so.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-01-2016, 09:15 AM
(05-01-2016 01:47 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(05-01-2016 01:44 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Well you know what they say. What's good for the goose is sauce for the jailer.

A stitch in time is better than none, and a pinch of prevention is worth its weight in gold. Yes

Pinch me again and I'll kick you in the SCROTUS!
05-01-2016, 09:31 AM
(05-01-2016 09:12 AM)DerFish Wrote:  
(04-01-2016 02:58 AM)pablo Wrote:  Didn't SCOTUS rule on this over a year ago?

I believe that Scrotum did so.

I was just wondering since the article is dated Jan. 24, 2014.
05-01-2016, 09:53 AM
I regards to the abortion portion I think the best rebuttal I've heard was "Should the government have say if you want to remove your kidney or not? If you knew this kidney was going to cause harm to your body should they force you to keep it in? Should the government or anyone else tell you what to do with any of your body parts? This could save another persons life we're going to take your spleen. Most people will respond no. (unless their madd.) If you don't approve of other people forcing you to do anything involving your body, why should we this be any different? You don't get to tell me what to do with my body, and I don't get to tell you what to do with yours."

My response to the question Pro-life and Pro-Choice I go pro-choice. But if I was put into the position I probable would choose to have the child. But in the over all I don't get a say. The final choice falls on the mother. This guy doesn't seem to understand he should force this on anyone. He making the call on what should happen to these women bodies. Having the option doesn't mean you have to carry it out.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
05-01-2016, 10:15 AM
Of course the real problem is that there shouldn't be a problem at all.

Health care needs to be disconnected from employment. The system in the U.S. is broken and needs replacing.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
05-01-2016, 10:58 AM
(05-01-2016 09:53 AM)Commonsensei Wrote:  I regards to the abortion portion I think the best rebuttal I've heard was "Should the government have say if you want to remove your kidney or not? If you knew this kidney was going to cause harm to your body should they force you to keep it in? Should the government or anyone else tell you what to do with any of your body parts? This could save another persons life we're going to take your spleen. Most people will respond no. (unless their madd.) If you don't approve of other people forcing you to do anything involving your body, why should we this be any different? You don't get to tell me what to do with my body, and I don't get to tell you what to do with yours."

My response to the question Pro-life and Pro-Choice I go pro-choice. But if I was put into the position I probable would choose to have the child. But in the over all I don't get a say. The final choice falls on the mother. This guy doesn't seem to understand he should force this on anyone. He making the call on what should happen to these women bodies. Having the option doesn't mean you have to carry it out.

In his world view women are supposed to be submissive to men's will and so he feels he does have the final say in what happens to a woman's body. The bible codifies that with making women chattel to be used, traded, sold and abused as man wills.

This is the problem with the bible being god's laws, if god was real then he allows man to progress but doesn't give him a bible that also progresses with him? Hw can this be a forever god's law if it doesn't keep up with the mankind it's supposed to rule? Makes no sense. Either the bible is just a book of stories told as allegories from ancient men, in ignorant times, or god fucked up big time. Can't be both.

**side note.... I use Anti-Choice vs Pro-Choice. These people are not in any way pro-life. They are pro-control of women and usually pro-death in other ways.

I am Pro-choice because I support body autonomy for everyone.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
05-01-2016, 03:10 PM
(05-01-2016 09:53 AM)Commonsensei Wrote:  I regards to the abortion portion I think the best rebuttal I've heard was "Should the government have say if you want to remove your kidney or not? If you knew this kidney was going to cause harm to your body should they force you to keep it in? Should the government or anyone else tell you what to do with any of your body parts? This could save another persons life we're going to take your spleen. Most people will respond no. (unless their madd.) If you don't approve of other people forcing you to do anything involving your body, why should we this be any different? You don't get to tell me what to do with my body, and I don't get to tell you what to do with yours."

I'm pro-abortion (I encourage abortions in most cases). But I think the pro-forced birth crowd would bring up "personal responsibility." Maybe they would feel that if you caused somebody else to require a kidney then you should be liable for providing it one way or another. Similarly if you caused potential life to exist, it should be your responsibility to see it through. Especially for those who believe in souls and that life starts at conception and all that nonsense.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
05-01-2016, 04:33 PM
(05-01-2016 03:10 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  Maybe they would feel that if you caused somebody else to require a kidney then you should be liable for providing it one way or another.

An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth... I'm pretty sure "a kidney for a kidney" is implied. Also, a baby for a baby. If a dude causes a woman to have a baby, then he should be forced to lay an egg through his penis. Or, something.

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes TurkeyBurner's post
05-01-2016, 05:21 PM
Last trip I made into Hobby Lobby had me pissed at something other than their religious stance and all the religiojunk sitting around the store. I needed a spool of thread...I had to stand there and wait on a price check, the price sticker was gone...they didn't have scanners. Facepalm

It would have taken less time to spin my own thread. Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
06-01-2016, 02:09 PM
This article came out like 6 months before the Supreme Court ruled in their favor. Hobby lobby won. In fact they've decided to open more stores instead of closing them since they won.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]