Hobby Lobby - Obey the Law or Gods Law.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-01-2016, 02:23 PM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2016 02:27 PM by Commonsensei.)
RE: Hobby Lobby - Obey the Law or Gods Law.
Shit! Really?

So all a company has to do to avoid the law is pout, stomp their feet and say their feelings are hurt. WTF?

I wonder if I can avoid paying my taxes if I say it's against my religion?

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2016, 02:25 PM
Why wouldn't they? They're a growing company. People like buying random junk to sit in their house in the illusion of thinking they're going to be doing something productive one day. So the business is good.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
06-01-2016, 07:21 PM
(06-01-2016 02:23 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Shit! Really?

So all a company has to do to avoid the law is pout, stomp their feet and say their feelings are hurt. WTF?

I wonder if I can avoid paying my taxes if I say it's against my religion?

Yes of course, just start your own church and make up what ever dogma you wish, but paying taxes is against your religion would be among them, or even call all your income as tithe coming in to the church and you do not get paid as being the head Honcho of your own church. Lots of ways to do it, but remember when social security time comes you better have a good alternative pension!
07-01-2016, 06:51 PM
Hobby Lobby - Obey the Law or Gods Law.

Of course, obey the Law. When you are forced to do something against your believes(faith) you can not be accountable. So, why choose not to obey the Law?

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
[+] 1 user Likes Alla's post
07-01-2016, 11:12 PM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2016 11:16 PM by purpledaisies.)
So does this mean that when hobby lobby offers a job to someone and they refuse the job based on not being able to get birth control that they can't get punished on say unemployment? Or food stamps, medicaid etc.?