Hobby Lobby President Has Agenda To Have Mandatory Bible Curriculum In Public Schools

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-07-2014, 10:21 PM
Hobby Lobby President Has Agenda To Have Mandatory Bible Curriculum In Public Schools
Fresh off the his high of getting a majority of Supreme Court justices to say "Fuck the Constitution!" and rule in favor of his religious beliefs, Hobby Lobby President Steve Green revealed his agenda to make it mandatory that the Bible be taught in public schools over a period of 4 years.

Congrats, Supreme Court! You've sent a message to every religious nutjob that they should be able to trample over our rights for the purpose of serving THEIR religious agendas!

http://www.occupydemocrats.com/watch-hob...c-schools/

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-07-2014, 10:38 PM
RE: Hobby Lobby President Has Agenda To Have Mandatory Bible Curriculum In Public Schools
Can't we just squeeze the Bible in with reading and writing classes? It'd serve as a very good "How Not to Write" guide, and its followers would serve as very good models of how not to read/interpret something.
[+] 2 users Like CleverUsername's post
14-07-2014, 01:27 AM
RE: Hobby Lobby President Has Agenda To Have Mandatory Bible Curriculum In Public Schools
Oh my goddess, not again!

I get some of my art supplies from Hobby Slobby. Now, I'm going to have start ordering all of them or go into Houston. I have not been to Hobby Slobby since they made an issue of birth control in the insurance they provide employees.

This seals it Weeping no more Hobby Slobby for me. They could care less if a few customers drop off, so I'm going to get a T-shirt made. Oh, maybe I can get a nice T-shirt made and wear it in the store, something advocating "Plan B" or an X over the bible in Public school. I should have T-shirts like that anyway.

Damn Hobby Slobby owners.

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
[+] 3 users Like Dee's post
14-07-2014, 10:39 AM
(13-07-2014 10:21 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  Fresh off the his high of getting a majority of Supreme Court justices to say "Fuck the Constitution!" and rule in favor of his religious beliefs, Hobby Lobby President Steve Green revealed his agenda to make it mandatory that the Bible be taught in public schools over a period of 4 years.

Congrats, Supreme Court! You've sent a message to every religious nutjob that they should be able to trample over our rights for the purpose of serving THEIR religious agendas!

Told you so. Drinking Beverage

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 1 user Likes Thinkerbelle's post
14-07-2014, 10:44 AM
Nice to know their true colors. Dodgy

They won't get anywhere with this. There is a huge difference between being allowed an exception from doing something based on religion (the recent win) and being allowed to do something with respect to the general public based on religion.

This is what private Christian schools are for and the Supreme Court will likely point that out.

I wonder if Hobby Lobby plans to teach about books like Leviticus. Consider

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
14-07-2014, 11:09 AM
(14-07-2014 10:39 AM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  
(13-07-2014 10:21 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  Fresh off the his high of getting a majority of Supreme Court justices to say "Fuck the Constitution!" and rule in favor of his religious beliefs, Hobby Lobby President Steve Green revealed his agenda to make it mandatory that the Bible be taught in public schools over a period of 4 years.

Told you so. Drinking Beverage

I never disagreed with you.

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
14-07-2014, 11:31 AM
(14-07-2014 01:27 AM)Dee Wrote:  Oh my goddess, not again!

I get some of my art supplies from Hobby Slobby. Now, I'm going to have start ordering all of them or go into Houston. I have not been to Hobby Slobby since they made an issue of birth control in the insurance they provide employees.

This seals it Weeping no more Hobby Slobby for me. They could care less if a few customers drop off, so I'm going to get a T-shirt made. Oh, maybe I can get a nice T-shirt made and wear it in the store, something advocating "Plan B" or an X over the bible in Public school. I should have T-shirts like that anyway.

Damn Hobby Slobby owners.

Yep. No hobby lobby shopping for me anymore.
Sucks so bad
Ugh

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
14-07-2014, 11:51 AM
It's actually been ok'd by a school district in Oklahoma. It's just in a beta test but....yeah

http://www.religionnews.com/2014/04/15/h...urriculum/
14-07-2014, 12:07 PM
RE: Hobby Lobby President Has Agenda To Haandatory Bible Curriculum In Public Schools
(14-07-2014 11:51 AM)MrKrispy601 Wrote:  It's actually been ok'd by a school district in Oklahoma. It's just in a beta test but....yeah

http://www.religionnews.com/2014/04/15/h...urriculum/

Oh, right, that thing.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyath...urriculum/
14-07-2014, 01:10 PM
(14-07-2014 11:31 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(14-07-2014 01:27 AM)Dee Wrote:  --
I get some of my art supplies from Hobby Slobby. Now, I'm going to have start ordering all of them or go into Houston.
--

Yep. No hobby lobby shopping for me anymore.
--

Michaels has better quality stuff, anyway - not nearly as much cheap crap.

The last time they had a corporate sponsored charity drive at Michaels, it was a book distribution drive for underprivileged kids so, before I bought the books to be distributed, I checked them out. The ones I saw all contained real science, geography, history... none of that Noah's ark crap.

I might be wrong but chances are, they aren't into pushing the religious shit. Thumbsup

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post