Hobby Lobby President Has Agenda To Have Mandatory Bible Curriculum In Public Schools

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-07-2014, 01:25 PM
RE: Hobby Lobby President Has Agenda To Have Mandatory Bible Curriculum In Public Schools
Doctors need to stop treating these people for illnesses. "Sorry your insurance doesn't cover illnesses created by god. You should probably go pray to another god for your cure. It looks like your god wants you in pain for a while before you die"

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Rahn127's post
14-07-2014, 01:50 PM
RE: Hobby Lobby President Has Agenda To Have Mandatory Bible Curriculum In Public Schools
(14-07-2014 01:10 PM)kim Wrote:  
(14-07-2014 11:31 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Yep. No hobby lobby shopping for me anymore.
--

Michaels has better quality stuff, anyway - not nearly as much cheap crap.

The last time they had a corporate sponsored charity drive at Michaels, it was a book distribution drive for underprivileged kids so, before I bought the books to be distributed, I checked them out. The ones I saw all contained real science, geography, history... none of that Noah's ark crap.

I might be wrong but chances are, they aren't into pushing the religious shit. Thumbsup

Michaels also have the advantage of existing in Canada. I've picked up some good stuff there.

I'd never even heard of this Hobby Lobby place until the news about the court case.

... this is my signature!
14-07-2014, 02:07 PM
Unfortunately we don't have any snobby Hobby Lobby's here in the Northwest so I don't have the great pleasure of boycotting their sorry asses locally. But if we did I'd boycott them to hell! Just signed a boycott thing on the internet. I don't know if it'll do anything but I can't sit idly by.

We have Craft Warehouse and Michaels.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
14-07-2014, 02:31 PM
OK stupid British person hear!
We, have only just sorted out our schools that they can not teach Intelligent design and creationism in science class! And that goes for all the religious schools that take Government money for education! They can have it in RE class and thats it!!

So, will the AAA get in on this fight? And could somebody give me some digestible information on the reach this Hobby Lobby has on the USA.
Is there a place where you can nag congress? Can some one set up some E-patishion through the TTA. You must have a connections throughout the USA by now?
Sorry I was not out to get this political I may have broken some regulations on this sight and that was not my intention!!

I just find it hart to see that the USA can do some wonderful thing and then just kick yourself in the ass!!
The UK can be stupid sometimes also!
Right I will shut up now! And see how much hate mail I may have just generated for-myself!!

K:

Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!
14-07-2014, 02:41 PM
(14-07-2014 12:07 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  Oh, right, that thing.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyath...urriculum/

Thanks for this Thumbsup
14-07-2014, 05:29 PM
obby President Has Agenda To Have Mandatory Bible Curriculum In Public Schools
(14-07-2014 01:10 PM)kim Wrote:  
(14-07-2014 11:31 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Yep. No hobby lobby shopping for me anymore.
--

Michaels has better quality stuff, anyway - not nearly as much cheap crap.

The last time they had a corporate sponsored charity drive at Michaels, it was a book distribution drive for underprivileged kids so, before I bought the books to be distributed, I checked them out. The ones I saw all contained real science, geography, history... none of that Noah's ark crap.

I might be wrong but chances are, they aren't into pushing the religious shit. Thumbsup

I believe Michaels is a Koch brothers connected business, so you're entering the market of choosing the lesser of two evils in political support. One of those guys, David, is a science funder as they're more libertarian in personal belief than religious conservative

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
15-07-2014, 12:26 PM
For me, I wouldn't even care if they put this crap in public schools as an elective as long as they label it accurately as what it is: bible studies.

Fine.

Let those who want to study the bible have a high school elective that lets them.

But this, obviously, goes too far. Green wants to FORCE everyone in every high school to have FOUR FUCKING YEARS of this crap as a requirement for graduation!

That isn't even the worst part.

Think about what will be REMOVED from requirements. I mean, if you add 4 one-year classes, you need to remove 4 one-year classes to balance the scale, right?

I doubt anyone is advocating adding another year to high school, making it 9th-13th grade.
I doubt anyone is advocating less math.
I doubt anyone is advocating less English.
I doubt anyone is advocating dropping the odd P.E. requirement, or the minimal arts requirement.

What's left?

Science.

In order to put 4 years of mandatory classes into the curriculum, 4 years of other classes need to be removed. Maybe they might shrink that down to just 2 or 3 years by reducing the number of electives available, but even that is just an assumption.

TL;dr: to add 4 years of required curriculum, schools will have to replace some classes, and science will almost certainly be the first classes dropped from the current curriculum to fit this new crap into its place.

That's what really pisses me off about this.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 2 users Like Aseptic Skeptic's post
15-07-2014, 01:56 PM
So how do we combat this?

Doesn't seem right, I'd be willing to raise some fire over the issue.

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be."- Albert Einstein.

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Steven Hawking
15-07-2014, 08:16 PM (This post was last modified: 15-07-2014 08:20 PM by kim.)
(14-07-2014 05:29 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  I believe Michaels is a Koch brothers connected business, so you're entering the market of choosing the lesser of two evils in political support. One of those guys, David, is a science funder as they're more libertarian in personal belief than religious conservative

Ew. Confused I had no idea.

They are all right wing libertarians. Almost feel sorry for all four of the brothers - they've each had prostate cancer.

They throw their money around somewhat fairly. Of course, their bottom line is always money.

Hey, just found out - Bain Capital, Blackstone Group, Highfields Capital Management are the owners of Michaels - corporate headquarters in in Texas.
I don't think the Kochs are huge stockholders in any of those. Thumbsup

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
16-07-2014, 05:39 AM
I hope they never win this. If they do I am going to personally go to every school and in every classroom and disrupt any teachers actively teach{edite} forcing their religion on other children as the truth.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ