Hobby Lobby Showcases Religious Hypocrisy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-07-2017, 08:17 PM
Hobby Lobby Showcases Religious Hypocrisy
CNN

You lyin' ass, hypocritical, piece of shit, motherfuckers. Angry

Quote: (CNN)It wasn't Hobby Lobby's scrapbook supplies, their seasonal decorations or their generous selection of fabrics that got the attention of the Department of Justice. It was the ancient clay artifacts from modern-day Iraq.

The DOJ said the company smuggled the artifacts into the United States, and the arts and crafts chain on Wednesday agreed to a settlement with the US Attorney's Office for the Eastern District of New York.

According to court documents, Hobby Lobby agreed to forfeit thousands of Iraqi artifacts and pay a $3 million fine to resolve the civil action the Justice Department brought against the company.

How many commandments did they break?

Thou shalt not lie?
Thou shalt not steal?
Thou shalt not covet?

Quote:Ancient cuneiform tablets and clay bullae from modern-day Iraq were smuggled into the United States through the United Arab Emirates and Israel, Justice officials said. With Hobby Lobby's consent they were falsely labeled as "ceramics" and "samples" and illegally shipped to Hobby Lobby stores and two corporate offices, according to the DOJ.

Oh, and we're not talking a couple of items:
Hobby Lobby Agrees to Forfeit 5,500 Artifacts Smuggled Out of Iraq

FFS.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
05-07-2017, 08:45 PM
RE: Hobby Lobby Showcases Religious Hypocrisy
(05-07-2017 08:17 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  CNN

Quote: (CNN)It wasn't Hobby Lobby's scrapbook supplies, their seasonal decorations or their generous selection of fabrics that got the attention of the Department of Justice. It was the ancient clay artifacts from modern-day Iraq.

The DOJ said the company smuggled the artifacts into the United States, and the arts and crafts chain on Wednesday agreed to a settlement with the US Attorney's Office for the Eastern District of New York.

According to court documents, Hobby Lobby agreed to forfeit thousands of Iraqi artifacts and pay a $3 million fine to resolve the civil action the Justice Department brought against the company.

How many commandments did they break?

Thou shalt not lie?
Thou shalt not steal?
Thou shalt not covet?

Quote:Ancient cuneiform tablets and clay bullae from modern-day Iraq were smuggled into the United States through the United Arab Emirates and Israel, Justice officials said. With Hobby Lobby's consent they were falsely labeled as "ceramics" and "samples" and illegally shipped to Hobby Lobby stores and two corporate offices, according to the DOJ.

Oh, and we're not talking a couple of items:
Hobby Lobby Agrees to Forfeit 5,500 Artifacts Smuggled Out of Iraq

FFS.

Angel xtian forgiveness required. Yes

I'm curious why it isn't a criminal suit. Maybe the lower level of proof in a civil court Vs criminal court plays a part. Just fine the fuck out of 'em, I say. Yes
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
05-07-2017, 11:27 PM
I wonder if those artefact can be retraced to ISIS. Selling historical artefact was their second biggest source of financement after black market oil. They smuggled hundreds of pieces of artwork and documents from Syria and Iraq and destroy about as much in iconoclast frenzy. Should those artefact be traced back to ISIS held or formerly held territory. Hobby Lobby could be in big trouble.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 2 users Like epronovost's post
06-07-2017, 07:06 AM
For a business that's "built squarely on biblical principles" I wonder what other activities it gets up to?

Other than denying female employees access to the morning-after-pill that is...........oh and stealing.

Do these "principles" extend to not providing mixed-fibre uniforms for staff? Encouraging incest perchance?

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
[+] 2 users Like Silly Deity's post
06-07-2017, 08:23 AM
Looks like they put that money they saved by denying women birth control pills to good use...

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like ShadowProject's post
06-07-2017, 08:36 AM
Their only hobby is being a bunch of cunts.

I don't shop their overpriced garbage.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
06-07-2017, 09:17 AM
What the actual fuck...
Reading the title Hobby Lobby I saw this thread going far differently in my head. Stealing Iraqi artifacts...??? WHAT!?

[Image: my-brain-is-full-of-fuck.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
06-07-2017, 09:33 AM
(05-07-2017 08:17 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  CNN

[quote][i] (CNN)It wasn't Hobby Lobby's scrapbook supplies, their seasonal decorations or their generous selection of fabrics that got the attention of the Department of Justice. It was the ancient clay artifacts from modern-day Iraq.

I would not characterize Hobby Lobby's selection of fabrics as being "generous."

Apparently, Hobby Lobby can be found lacking from top to bottom these days.
06-07-2017, 09:33 AM
(06-07-2017 08:23 AM)ShadowProject Wrote:  Looks like they put that money they saved by denying women birth control pills to good use...

This bears repeating. Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
06-07-2017, 09:37 AM
"Butt Weight! They weren't Christian artifacts, so who the fuck cares." Fundy.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user